Votes: 50 17.5%
  • Yes, Not Enough Evidence to Prove Her Guilty

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • No, But Believe in Jury Outcome

Votes: 43 15.0%
  • No, Enough Evidence Exists to Prove Guilt Right Now

Votes: 188 65.7%

• Total voters
As Nancy Grace said, OJ got a fair murder trial, look what happened there! So yes, she can get a fair trial.

While there's always the chance of a stealth juror for one side or the other, I think the vast majority of people take the trial process and juror oath very seriously. We may say all kinds of things at home, here, work, etc. It's totally different when you're seated on that jury and charged with such a solemn, sacred duty...especially when it comes to determining LWOP/death penalty cases. I think she can and will get a fair trial, regardless where it's held.

I hope I don't get in trouble with the mods, but I agree with you, and I respectfully disagree with the opinion that those of us who are relieved Casey is in prison are celebrating. No, I'm not jumping up and down with joy because bottom line is There is a childs corpse lying and rotting somewhere. GA, CA, LA know in their heart they can cover for Casey all they want but when darkness falls and the house is quiet they will hear the truth. It always hovers over you.

Wonderful Post Feisty! While I certainly don't feel like celebrating, I am not able to muster an ounce of compassion for Casey either. I definitely think Casey can get a fair trial, probably not in Orlando and I COULD NOT be fair and unbiased, in this case. I too have family and friends that get that glazed over look in their eyes or some that know nothing of the case as hard as that is for us "WSrs" to believe! The fact that Casey can sleep at night while Caylee is decaying/decayed somewhere unknown tonight is almost more than I can bear. O/T and mean, but I sure hope that Casey is still having nightmares.

Not that Baez has done her any favors while working as her "attorney" either. That much hasn't been fair to her from the start. She can get a fair trial, it's just going to take time to get an unbiased jury together. Believe it or not, there are people that do not pick up a newspaper or watch the news.

Hey Baz..just usuing your post as a jump..

I know that what you said is true...my husband just missed jury duty on a murder trial here by ONE juror...now I am the one that reads true crime, watches NG, TRU TV, reads and posts here...reads daily many internet news sites...but he was just as aware of the details of this murder as I was because we live in a very small community.

I am torn on this subject....I would think a good juror would be a person that kept up with current events...was connected with the community...read papers...etc.

I think IMO, that in this day of mutli media and interent capability its going to be unrealisitc to try and keep this juror requirment to be...well I cannot even think of what I am searching for here???? Its way to late :confused: Maybe the word is blank as in blank slate?

In 1908 moving to the next town was feasible...in 2008 the world has shrunk considerably!

I know I am not explaining this well...I know there are people that have never heard of the Anthony's...but its soo hard these days in the world we live in to have that as a requirement for a fair trial...

Personally, I think she can get a fair trial outside of Orlando. Because I talk about this case to everyone and most know very liitle about it and there are quite a bunch that have never even heard about it.

Believe it or not, there are millions of people who don't spend 24/7 on the internet reading things about this case or scheduling their day so they can watch NG in the evenings.

Many of my friends will say things like "are you still following that case about THAT girl in Florida."

Of course she can get a fair trial!

I wish we had a court system like over in Germany. You are guilty until proven innocent! They don't need search warrants, if they have reason to believe your hiding anything, they can just come on in. Just think how much could have been saved on this case?

Hello Ceyler,

I'm with ya on this one but I live in the Netherlands and Germany is our neighboring country. We are all goverend by European law and it is illegal to search and/or seize in Germany as well without a search warrant. Although it is most likely easier to get one, LE has to have a warrant to enter.

Sorry! :behindbar

Hello Ceyler,

I'm with ya on this one but I live in the Netherlands and Germany is our neighboring country. We are all goverend by European law and it is illegal to search and/or seize in Germany as well without a search warrant. Although it is most likely easier to get one, LE has to have a warrant to enter.

Sorry! :behindbar

Sorry, I am just very upset with this case. I am very happy I live where I do. I am proud to be an American. My emotions just get the best of me with this case. Again I am sorry. I am sorry if I upset or got anyone angry with my staement.

She can get a fair trial. I can see where one would think she couldn't, but I believe she can. I live in Orlando, and despite what you would think, I've talked to many people who live right here in town who haven't even heard of the case. It may take some searching, and finding an untainted jury pool will probably be more difficult than in the majority of cases, but finding 12 jurors who don't know much about the case wouldn't be that hard. I had jury duty in Orange County a few months ago, and there were like 1000 other people who were called in that day, from all walks of life. Finding even 20 that had never heard of the case wouldn't be impossible.

As for innocent until proven guilty, I think the problem in this case is that we know too much and for me, common sense isn't allowing me to see her as innocent. We have been presented with enough damning evidence by the media that it does prove to me, and probably 99% of the others who are following this case, that she is guilty. When the case first broke, yes, my first thought was that she was probably guilty, but there was definitely some reasonable doubt, especially when there did turn out to be a ZG who visited Sawgrass. But, as more and more information surfaced, the reasonable doubt disappeared. I am selfishly grateful that the media released all the information they did because it satisfied some of my curiosity, but had they not, many would probably not be so certain of her guilt. So, in a way, maybe Baez is right, that the media has already convicted her. But, as long as the information they have released is all 100% true and not at all fabricated, why does that matter? If she did the crime, she needs to do the time. And just because the media released the information rather than keeping it all in the court system, it doesn't change the fact that she killed her daughter and should be punished. If any of that information that has been released is false, though, then that's a whole different story. The defense's best shot is to try to prove this information that is out there as being false. If they can do that, then reasonable doubt is back, IMO. And, I realize that this doesn't necessarily fall into the innocent until proven guilty paradigm, but in a case as highly publicized as this one, I don't know if that's possible. Maybe had the defendant herself shown more emotion, or remorse, or any signs at all that she misses her daughter, it would be easier to believe that she was innocent, but seeing her big smiling face and promiscuous dance moves in pictures taken during the time right after her sweet daughter would have died, well, it is just too hard to believe that those are the actions of someone who is innocent.

I would hope so Chico..... it does worry me reading the court of public opinions about Casey. As long as the trial isnt in Orange, Seminole, Osceola or any of our surrounding counties I think she could get a fair trial - at least all of us should hope she could.

Actually, I think she could get a decent trail there, as any place else. Cause it's been in the news everywhere. This web site, with posters from all over is proof of that.

I don't think they will find someone who hasn't heard about the case. But no one is promised that their case will be heard by folks who haven't heard about it.

I believe Casey can get a fair trial in Orange County. I believe in the Jury system and have served on one.

Everyone who serves on a Jury takes it very seriously. Evidence & forensics, witness testimony, and expert testimony will point the way to whatever verdict is just. JMO

I completely agree.

I was called for jury duty on a capital murder case back in January of this year. The jury selection process-and the extensive voir dire of small prospective juror panels--lasted longer than the actual trial.

Grüß Gott,

And comparing the areas of Germany I've been in with Orlando, well, I've never felt as safe here as I have felt in Germany or in Austria. I love our country and our rule of law, but I'm just saying...

T

I won't comment on the law aspect in Germany, but my brother told me that when he and his wife were in Germany they attended an October fest. He said there were thousands of people there, young and old and that although there was plenty of drinking there was not one disturbance or anyone misbehaving. I know what you mean about feeling safe.

If they are looking for true "peers" for her jury, it should be easy to find them in Orlando.
Young, single, party lovers, drinkers, dancers, free sex....................her photos were full of them.

On the other hand, I do not think she can get a fair trial in Orlando and expect a request for a change of venue from her attorney.

While I hate to be the one to say it - we all have to realize that our judicial system is set up as KC is innocent until the prosecutors prove without a reasonable doubt that she is guilty of killing Caylee. Yes, I know emotions are running high - especially after the judgement that came down from the Grand Jury - but folks she is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Do I personally believe she can have a fair trial here in Orlando - nope, absolutely not. They will have to probably move the case to one of our smaller, rural counties to get an impartial jury. Do I personally think that she is guilty of someway causing harm to her daughter and causing her death - yes - but in a court of law she is innocent. Even though in the eyes of the public she is guilty - we all have to understand what makes our country great. Having a fair and even judicial system.

Any thoughts? Do you think she can get a fair trial?

You have stated this so well. We must never let our emotions rule us or then we become a lynch mob as in the old days. Our system works. Innocent until proven guilty. The facts are in the hands of the prosecution and in the hands of the defense. They must both do their jobs. Truth will come out in the end. Even though it did not necessarily work for O J, he got his due in the end. Innocent people have been convicted and guilty have gone free but we must follow the system in order to trust that innocent people are protected to the fullest. I like myself believe with what has been told to us so far that Casey did something---whether accident or on purpose, I am not really sure. You see, I have enough of many personal emotions and speculations to cloud my judgement at this point. I do believe, however, if I sat in a court room that I could examine the evidence of both sides and make the right call.

I will not be part of a lynching mob. I would serve on a jury with an open mind and make a decision after ALL the facts are presented to me. I would want fairness and would expect to be fair. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you/" is still a good motto. Justice will be served in the end. We must patiently wait. Meanwhile------CAYLEE IS STILL MISSING.
Let us focus on that and let the prosecuter and defense attorneys handle Casey.

She can get a fair trial. I can see where one would think she couldn't, but I believe she can. I live in Orlando, and despite what you would think, I've talked to many people who live right here in town who haven't even heard of the case. It may take some searching, and finding an untainted jury pool will probably be more difficult than in the majority of cases, but finding 12 jurors who don't know much about the case wouldn't be that hard. I had jury duty in Orange County a few months ago, and there were like 1000 other people who were called in that day, from all walks of life. Finding even 20 that had never heard of the case wouldn't be impossible.

As for innocent until proven guilty, I think the problem in this case is that we know too much and for me, common sense isn't allowing me to see her as innocent. We have been presented with enough damning evidence by the media that it does prove to me, and probably 99% of the others who are following this case, that she is guilty. When the case first broke, yes, my first thought was that she was probably guilty, but there was definitely some reasonable doubt, especially when there did turn out to be a ZG who visited Sawgrass. But, as more and more information surfaced, the reasonable doubt disappeared. I am selfishly grateful that the media released all the information they did because it satisfied some of my curiosity, but had they not, many would probably not be so certain of her guilt. So, in a way, maybe Baez is right, that the media has already convicted her. But, as long as the information they have released is all 100% true and not at all fabricated, why does that matter? If she did the crime, she needs to do the time. And just because the media released the information rather than keeping it all in the court system, it doesn't change the fact that she killed her daughter and should be punished. If any of that information that has been released is false, though, then that's a whole different story. The defense's best shot is to try to prove this information that is out there as being false. If they can do that, then reasonable doubt is back, IMO. And, I realize that this doesn't necessarily fall into the innocent until proven guilty paradigm, but in a case as highly publicized as this one, I don't know if that's possible. Maybe had the defendant herself shown more emotion, or remorse, or any signs at all that she misses her daughter, it would be easier to believe that she was innocent, but seeing her big smiling face and promiscuous dance moves in pictures taken during the time right after her sweet daughter would have died, well, it is just too hard to believe that those are the actions of someone who is innocent.

Under our system we have the right to a fair trial and the court system has to prove guilt. So we are to presume innocence until proven otherwise.
So thinking someone is guilty is our right. What we should do as moral people, however, is to not let our thinking be pushed onto others with speculations and rumors so as to taint someone's innocence. Many of us can believe she is guilty and there are various senarios of what happened but they are just that "senarios". Somewhere in all of this is TRUTH but among that TRUTH is vain imaginations. If we all stick to trying to find CAYLEE, avoid speculations and our own theories, we may just with the help of LE find Caylee----dead or alive. That is all of our goal. RIGHT?

. . . If we all stick to trying to find CAYLEE, avoid speculations and our own theories, we may just with the help of LE find Caylee----dead or alive. That is all of our goal. RIGHT?

Speculation and theories -- Discussing and analyzing them are the only ways those of us who can't make it to Orlando to physically search for Caylee can contribute to finding her (aside from donating to TES). Figuring out what happened is the only way to narrow down the places that she might be found.
Plus, many of us have the additional goal of making sure that whoever was involved in Caylee's disappearance is held responsible.

Is it possible that CA in a sick sort of way wants KC convicted?

She has done everything to APPEAR to be helping KC, when what she was doing was turning everyone against her. By her upholding that lie story, she made the story less credible than it might have been. If she had told KC to tell the truth in the beginning, KC might could have pled this down to a few years.

Maybe CA subconsciously wants KC in jail for life or a death sentence.

Cindy needs right now to HOPE----hope that Caylee is still alive----hope that Casey has done nothing to her and is innocent.

The sermon at my church the other night (nothing to do with Casey or Caylee) was about the spiritual weapon of HOPE. Now I am a Christian and many out there may not be. Perhaps Cindy, however, is. HOPE is the spiritual weapon that produces miracles. We all believe that Caylee being alive would be a miracle but at this point Cindy, who is hurting deeply for both Caylee and Casey needs this HOPE because there is NO BODY to finalize this in her mind. Let's give Cindy a break. God can deal with her shortcomings (and we all have them). Right now she needs our prayers.

There is no one out there who has walked in Cindy's shoes. We have all been given one pair of feet and we stand in our own shoes. Thank God that we are not in hers. We can all judge what we think Cindy has done, is doing, or will do and be completely wrong. Only God knows her heart.

We need to pray. We need to do all we can to find Caylee. When we do, all of us can go back to our lives and the Anthony's can get closure and try to live their lives once again. Let's get back to CAYLEE. We spend far too much time on Casey and Cindy while CAYLEE needs to be found. CAYLEE
is the reason we are here. Right?????????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back