No Honor Among Thieves

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He definitely was proud of Beth and she must have been a wonderful person.....

Dunno but maybe deep inside he wasn't so proud of JB being a beauty queen....I mean,men freak out when their wives dress up sexy and go out.......would you as a dad/man be absolutely okay with your little daughter being exposed like that,the make-up,the sexy moves and all?

What would you like your daughter's future plans to be?Being an executive or a Miss America?Let's be honest........everybody in that family knew that they (PR and her family) won't let JB quit.EVER.They already planned everything ahead for her.

JR said he was okay with the pageant thingy.WAS HE?

He definitely was proud of Beth and she must have been a wonderful person.....

Dunno but maybe deep inside he wasn't so proud of JB being a beauty queen....I mean,men freak out when their wives dress up sexy and go out.......would you as a dad/man be absolutely okay with your little daughter being exposed like that,the make-up,the sexy moves and all?

What would you like your daughter's future plans to be?Being an executive or a Miss America?Let's be honest........everybody in that family knew that they (PR and her family) won't let JB quit.EVER.They already planned everything ahead for her.

JR said he was okay with the pageant thingy.WAS HE?

Not from what I've seen. About a year ago, he claimed he was never very keen on it.

Voynich, it's nice to see you finally made it. And I'm glad you get the concept. (Order 66 is a very good illustration: stab your "allies" in the back AFTER they've done your dirty work.) My question is does it clear anything up? Because that's what I was trying to do.

One thing I like in DOI is how JR talks about Beth.......it shows how much he loved her......I don't feel the same things when he's talking about JB though.....HUGE difference...just pay attention.....

moo

Not to be flippant when you have made such a moving point (with which I agree totally), but I went weeks thinking that 'Moo' was just your sign off, sort of an affectionate bovine thing, cows being some of God's sweetest creatures. In a D'oh! moment, realised that you meant 'My Opinion Only.' Feel so very proud of my code-breaking skills right about now :D

As you say, though, the difference in his discourse about Beth and his discourse about JB is radical and worrying. Some might argue that Beth's death had insulated him against feeling that sort of pain again. I think that is possibly part of it but I'm put in mind of a story here many years ago. A South African couple lost their older son in a car accident and moved here to get away from it all. A couple of years later, their younger son died in the Hillsborough football stadium disaster. The tales of the mother's primal scream when she had to identify his body and her campaign to get the Chief Constable of Police for South Yorkshire to tell the truth are the stuff of painful legend. I would think that most parents would be like this......JMO, though.

Not from what I've seen. About a year ago, he claimed he was never very keen on it.

WOW I didn't know that, Dave. So essentially he was just indulging Patsy when he went along them? Loyal of him to come out with that now....

WOW I didn't know that, Dave. So essentially he was just indulging Patsy when he went along them? Loyal of him to come out with that now....

Little by little, he is distancing himself.

I appreciate how we've stuck to subject. But let's not stop now.

PR turned JB into something JR didn't like.............interesting........and you don't wonder about the consequences?Cause I can see lots..........

Not to be flippant when you have made such a moving point (with which I agree totally), but I went weeks thinking that 'Moo' was just your sign off, sort of an affectionate bovine thing, cows being some of God's sweetest creatures. In a D'oh! moment, realised that you meant 'My Opinion Only.' Feel so very proud of my code-breaking skills right about now :D

As you say, though, the difference in his discourse about Beth and his discourse about JB is radical and worrying. Some might argue that Beth's death had insulated him against feeling that sort of pain again. I think that is possibly part of it but I'm put in mind of a story here many years ago. A South African couple lost their older son in a car accident and moved here to get away from it all. A couple of years later, their younger son died in the Hillsborough football stadium disaster. The tales of the mother's primal scream when she had to identify his body and her campaign to get the Chief Constable of Police for South Yorkshire to tell the truth are the stuff of painful legend. I would think that most parents would be like this......JMO, though.

Hey- I thought the MOO was cow-related too!!!!

Now IDI's says with two misspeled words,PR couldn't have wrote the RN...Or someone that study PR's handwritting...How long did this intruder stayed in the house to get PR's handwritting down to the T....Now according to the R's,they went to the White's around 5:30pm and return home no later than 9:30pm in my book this is not several hours...And to know the amount of the bonus wouldn't this mean in the time they wrote the RN,they was also looking around the house...

What affected me was the way JR carried her from the basement, held by the waist, arms stiff above her head :( It shows a lack of connection, IMO.
I wonder if he placed flowers on her grave this year

What affected me was the way JR carried her from the basement, held by the waist, arms stiff above her head :( It shows a lack of connection, IMO.
I wonder if he placed flowers on her grave this year

How JR carried her,don't show a loving and caring parent....Almost like he didn't want leave any evidence of himself on her...About the flowers,I don't know but I feel like his excuse would be he didn't want the media taking pictures....

JAR made a statement to ST..That his step-mother was flashy and it could had been someone that knew her...Now just what is he trying to say here...

Then in JAR Remebers:

My parents was destoyed not trying to cover their butts...Totally different view on his step-mother....

SuperDave said:
I've considered bringing this subject up for some time now. And my recent dust-up with HOTYH about RN misspellings has convinced me that now is the appropriate time.

It's often been asked, including by me, if the Rs did commit this crime together, why would they have chosen to handwrite a ransom note? More specifically, why would JR, presumably the smart one of the two, agree to such a thing? After all, he was a good businessman, so he couldn't have been stupid, right?

(WARNING: The following contains the opinions and speculations of SuperDave, and does not necessarily reflect the feelings of anyone else.)

Well, as I say in the book, maybe he WAS being a smart businessman, leaving himself a possible out. Here's what I mean:

What if there was a Plan B? What if, as a last resort, PR would be thrown to the wolves? Everything pointed back at her, or almost everything. She had ONE thing on him, and that meant he'd have to play along. But he'd play by his rules, looking to go along with it while making sure that, if push came to shove, nothing could lead back to him. It wouldn't do to have his computer searched and a file of the RN found. But having her handwrite it would put him in the clear. He even tells her to spell differently after the killing.
Hiring separate lawyers was just extra insurance.

It's brilliant. He sets her up and looks like her champion. He gets to be her hero, standing valiantly behind her, defending his lady's honor like a damn white knight.. Meanwhile, he's got her like a lamb to slaughter. If it goes badly for her, hey, he's done all he can! If she tries to hang it on him, it looks like the desperate ravings of a lunatic trying to save her own neck.

There truly is NO honor among thieves.

A good businessman will always have an out. A Plan B, as it were. After all, he didn't owe her anything. She killed his daughter. But he couldn't let her burn right then and there, because he had his hand in the cookie jar. It's always best to shoot someone in the back AFTER you give them a chance to dig their own grave.

(Here endeth the speculation.)

Questions? Comments? Reactions? Threats? Lemon cookies?

Madeleine, is this at all close to what you had in mind?

Madeleine, is this at all close to what you had in mind?

Yes,except the who the killer is part.
Let's look at the religion part.I really believe she was honest and meant what she said about her beliefs,after all she was better after that ritual or whatever it was.
JR on the other hand says he was angry at God when Beth died but got over it and changed and religion helped him.Maybe he didn't get over it.I guess you never get over it if a child is taken away from you like that.

Okay,she definitely looks devastated in that january CNN clip where she tells people to be careful,a killer is free.
Now why on earth would you allow your wife to do that if she's in such a bad shape?More likely ,to push your wife into doing such a thing.

If she's guilty and you wanna protect her,makes no sense.If you're both innocent,why expose her and her pain like that,makes no sense.

But if you wanna show the world that hey,if it's one of us it wasn't ME,it was her,look she's nuts! YEAH.

Yes,except the who the killer is part.

Right. I knew we weren't 100% in sync. I just wanted to know if this was in your ballpark.

Let's look at the religion part.I really believe she was honest and meant what she said about her beliefs,after all she was better after that ritual or whatever it was.

You may be right. She seemed to have embraced it very strongly.

JR on the other hand says he was angry at God when Beth died but got over it and changed and religion helped him.Maybe he didn't get over it.I guess you never get over it if a child is taken away from you like that.

His claims to faith seem a bit flimsy, don't they?

Okay,she definitely looks devastated in that january CNN clip where she tells people to be careful,a killer is free.
Now why on earth would you allow your wife to do that if she's in such a bad shape?More likely ,to push your wife into doing such a thing.

If she's guilty and you wanna protect her,makes no sense.If you're both innocent,why expose her and her pain like that,makes no sense.

But if you wanna show the world that hey,if it's one of us it wasn't ME,it was her,look she's nuts! YEAH.

You and I may be on the same page.

It may very well be that JR "held his breath" till Patsy passed away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back