No Honor Among Thieves

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Of course, the people LIVING in the house were there all night on the 26th. That would be JR, Patsy and BR. and one NON-living person, JB. If there was another person there visiting, like JAR or DS, the Rs have not revealed this. If they were there, it was at the behest of the Rs. :crazy: Back at'ya.

Of course, the people LIVING in the house were there all night on the 26th. That would be JR, Patsy and BR. and one NON-living person, JB. If there was another person there visiting, like JAR or DS, the Rs have not revealed this. If they were there, it was at the behest of the Rs. :crazy: Back at'ya.

There was someone else there that night, maybe even more than one 'someones'!!

It was not anyone the Rs invited or knew would be dropping in. The caller left them something to remember him/her by, which they were unable to ignore.

Their daughter was brutally killed -- sexually assaulted, bashed and strangled.

The identity of the person(s) who did this remains a secret.

But not for much longer.

There was someone else there that night, maybe even more than one 'someones'!!

It was not anyone the Rs invited or knew would be dropping in. The caller left them something to remember him/her by, which they were unable to ignore.

Their daughter was brutally killed -- sexually assaulted, bashed and strangled.

The identity of the person(s) who did this remains a secret.

But not for much longer.

Yep, yep, all correct.

I've considered bringing this subject up for some time now. And my recent dust-up with HOTYH about RN misspellings has convinced me that now is the appropriate time.

It's often been asked, including by me, if the Rs did commit this crime together, why would they have chosen to handwrite a ransom note? More specifically, why would JR, presumably the smart one of the two, agree to such a thing? After all, he was a good businessman, so he couldn't have been stupid, right?

(WARNING: The following contains the opinions and speculations of SuperDave, and does not necessarily reflect the feelings of anyone else.)

Well, as I say in the book, maybe he WAS being a smart businessman, leaving himself a possible out. Here's what I mean:

What if there was a Plan B? What if, as a last resort, PR would be thrown to the wolves? Everything pointed back at her, or almost everything. She had ONE thing on him, and that meant he'd have to play along. But he'd play by his rules, looking to go along with it while making sure that, if push came to shove, nothing could lead back to him. It wouldn't do to have his computer searched and a file of the RN found. But having her handwrite it would put him in the clear. He even tells her to spell differently after the killing.
Hiring separate lawyers was just extra insurance.

It's brilliant. He sets her up and looks like her champion. He gets to be her hero, standing valiantly behind her, defending his lady's honor like a damn white knight.. Meanwhile, he's got her like a lamb to slaughter. If it goes badly for her, hey, he's done all he can! If she tries to hang it on him, it looks like the desperate ravings of a lunatic trying to save her own neck.

There truly is NO honor among thieves.

A good businessman will always have an out. A Plan B, as it were. After all, he didn't owe her anything. She killed his daughter. But he couldn't let her burn right then and there, because he had his hand in the cookie jar. It's always best to shoot someone in the back AFTER you give them a chance to dig their own grave.

(Here endeth the speculation.)

Questions? Comments? Reactions? Threats? Lemon cookies?

SuperDave,

mmm, Plan-B could only work in the absence of any finger pointing at John. I guess Patsy would mount a JDI defense backed up with sexual abuse allegations.

The Ransom Note is part of the staging not a Plan-B, IMO there were many plans each being amended to suit the changing perception of the available evidence.

The Ransom Note is a time delaying tactic, a response to a percieved deficiency in a prior staging.

The misspellings and Ramsey idioms are simply the White-Noise in a desparate attempt to create a smokescreen of plausible Intruder evidence.

That is John and Patsy may not have committed the crime together, but it certainly looks like they staged parts together and not necessarily at the same time?

SuperDave,

mmm, Plan-B could only work in the absence of any finger pointing at John. I guess Patsy would mount a JDI defense backed up with sexual abuse allegations.

The Ransom Note is part of the staging not a Plan-B, IMO there were many plans each being amended to suit the changing perception of the available evidence.

The Ransom Note is a time delaying tactic, a response to a percieved deficiency in a prior staging.

The misspellings and Ramsey idioms are simply the White-Noise in a desparate attempt to create a smokescreen of plausible Intruder evidence.

That is John and Patsy may not have committed the crime together, but it certainly looks like they staged parts together and not necessarily at the same time?

UKGuy, you don't know how glad I am that someone's willing to talk turkey around here.

You make solid points all-around. But I addressed the issue of mounting a JDI defense when I opened the discussion.

No kidding.

If I had even thought he was involved, I'd have been doing handsprings in the aisles.

I wanted to strangle him! Not because I thought he did it; just because of how he tried to make a name for himself by getting involved with it. Of course, that door swings two ways... That, and the world would be better off without sickos like that.

As a taxpayer, I would think the people living in Boulder would be outraged at the expense to bring JMK back to the states for all of this BS.

One thing I like in DOI is how JR talks about Beth.......it shows how much he loved her......I don't feel the same things when he's talking about JB though.....HUGE difference...just pay attention.....

moo

Very chilling and the first thing that made me question his motives and true feelings toward JonBenet.

Okay,she definitely looks devastated in that january CNN clip where she tells people to be careful,a killer is free.
Now why on earth would you allow your wife to do that if she's in such a bad shape?More likely ,to push your wife into doing such a thing.

If she's guilty and you wanna protect her,makes no sense.If you're both innocent,why expose her and her pain like that,makes no sense.

But if you wanna show the world that hey,if it's one of us it wasn't ME,it was her,look she's nuts! YEAH.

John has stated that their friends (Bynum?), were telling them to go on television and defend themselves. I am truly surprised Patsy even made it through that interview. As for the 'keep your babies safe' statement, where was Burke all this time?

Yes, I think this probably is the best RDI can do.

Between not believing anything that contradicts your theory, and conversely taking out of context quotes or typo/transcription errors as correct, you are just proving that you have no credibility at all.

Yes, I can see that is very true. It's been proven time and again on here, but RDI still has the effrontery to maintain they are correct.

Can you please give the link that proves the 3 am comment was a typo.

(snip)
Can you please give the link that proves the 3 am comment was a typo.

About at the 4-minute mark:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrlPlhUgr8[/ame]

Sunnie, I always thought he had said "at three am", but I was reading the first transcript of the show. Later on, when Patsy died, LKL did a tribute show with Lin Wood. When I read that transcript, the "three am" comment was gone and that got me to thinking. Why did they delete it? Well, after you listen to the above (thanks, otg) you can't really tell what John said, but I, for one, don't believe he said three am. You know I'm not a fan of JR, but I think this time, it was a mistake in the transcribing.

What struck me about JR was that it appears he put his career before his family. His wife has ovarian cancer ok he gets her the best treatment he can find but its miles away and yet he continues to concentrate on building his business. IMO he seemed dis-associated with his second family.

OOps, replying to an old post...but wondering about this myself...realize she got the best care at NCI but wondering if the same protocol couldn't have been carried out in Denver/Boulder?...Wondering how the family dynamic changed with PR on the East coast.

Sunnie, I always thought he had said "at three am", but I was reading the first transcript of the show. Later on, when Patsy died, LKL did a tribute show with Lin Wood. When I read that transcript, the "three am" comment was gone and that got me to thinking. Why did they delete it? Well, after you listen to the above (thanks, otg) you can't really tell what John said, but I, for one, don't believe he said three am. You know I'm not a fan of JR, but I think this time, it was a mistake in the transcribing.

Thanks Otg, Becky, did you see the original broadcast? Just curious. I had a hard time understanding what he said, but I wonder why the original transcript said 3 am? Someone must have heard that at the time? Or maybe it was purely an error. It reminds me a little too much of the Geraldo show, with the enhanced 911 tape, that then disappeared. JR gives me the creeps!

Thank you Ot, very interesting watching Patsys body language in relation to John. This is also one of the very few times I heard John talk about JonBenet as his 'precious daughter, who I loved'.

Thanks Otg, Becky, did you see the original broadcast? Just curious. I had a hard time understanding what he said, but I wonder why the original transcript said 3 am? Someone must have heard that at the time? Or maybe it was purely an error. It reminds me a little too much of the Geraldo show, with the enhanced 911 tape, that then disappeared. JR gives me the creeps!

Thank you Ot, very interesting watching Patsys body language in relation to John. This is also one of the very few times I heard John talk about JonBenet as his 'precious daughter, who I loved'.

Hey, Sunnie. I can't tell for sure what he says because of the crosstalk, but it sounds like he could have actually said, "There were a lot of people there at 3 in the morning..." He might also have said, "There were a lot of people there through the morning..." He is talking about the period of time while Arndt was there, so I don't really think he meant to say "3 in the morning".

Could it have been some type of unintentional slip (assuming guilt of some sort) because of what was going on in his mind? Possibly, but we'll never know for sure, because only he knows and he ain't tellin'.

I don't think there is really too much we can deduct simply from this statement alone. But you and I both know, there is just so-o-o-o-o much more than this alone.

DoI (PB page 85):
RSBM & BBM

The role of God is mentioned many times on successive pages, then on p88:

'One morning I was feeling extremely depressed. I knew I was staring death in the face. I wanted to be mad at somebody for doing this to do me, and the only one I could think of was God. I saw my children, my babies who were only three and six at this time, as a gift from God. What an ugly trick to give me this wonderful gift, only to let me die a few years later and leave them without a mother. I felt betrayed and told God so...'snip

Yea, well, wonder how JonBenét felt knowing her mother was killing her. What was Patsy saying to soothe her hurting child?

While I wait for this one to become active again, there's another element to this I just recalled.

HOTYH has often stated that there's no way the Rs would do anything to make a death sentence more likely. What he doesn't seem to remember is that, from all I can gather, PR didn't expect to live very long anyway. There were other people, on both sides, who said that PR was not likely to survive long enough for a trial to finish up.

That's exactly right, in my opinion. Patsy was already suffering a terminal illness and the side effects of treatments. She wasn't worried about legal trouble because she was a socialite, a millionaire's wife and sly as a fox.

BBM
To me personally, her comment following JBR's death in which she stated that 'at least JBR would not have to endure the battle of dealing with a diagnosis of terminal cancer in her life....', (paraphrased), is evidence that not only did PR not expect to live very long, anyway, but it also screams loudly toward pointing out the narcissistic impact that the diagnosis and treatment of her cancer had upon her rational, 'motherly' state of mind.

I'm sorry to say that, in my own opinion, this one solitary comment should have spoken volumes to every rational, parent, innocent of harming their own child!

This has been on topic recently, too, where Patsy only mentions the sad, tragic things JonBenét might miss out on in life....cancer, death/loss of a child. What about her first prom, college days and seeing JB on her wedding day?

But now, I also see that Patsy was saying JB's in a better place so grieve not. Pity me for my enduring battle of terminal cancer. TY

That whole "she'll never know cancer" was so WEIRD. Yeah, yeah, I know grief makes people act differently. Also, I am struck by John's strong reaction to precious Beth's accident compared to the robot I saw dealing with the aftermath of JBR. Weird. Off. Hinky.

This has been on topic recently, too, where Patsy only mentions the sad, tragic things JonBenét might miss out on in life....cancer, death/loss of a child. What about her first prom, college days and seeing JB on her wedding day?

But now, I also see that Patsy was saying JB's in a better place so grieve not. Pity me for my enduring battle of terminal cancer. TY

Has Patsy ever voiced any anger or desire to see the "killer" punished?
She acts like Jon Benet's death was the result of some terminal disease. She was murdered....and the killer could still return to kill her other child.

She acts like Jon Benet's death was the result of some terminal disease. She was murdered....and the killer could still return to kill her other child.

Exactly! Maybe because there was no intruder...

She acts like Jon Benet's death was the result of some terminal disease
. She was murdered....and the killer could still return to kill her other child.

That's because PR in all of her Borderline Personality Disordered way couldn't see JBR as being her own individual self. JBR (in PR's mind) was just another piece/extension of PR.

PR did have a terminal disease.

all moo

Reminds me so much of Joan Crawford dressing her and little Christina alike all the time for photo ops. Once Tina started to become her own person all hell broke loose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back