North Carolina - Coronavirus COVID19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“One of them recently came back from a church in Georgia where there were confirmed cases of COVID-19 and the other had recently returned from a cruise. So it’s really a lot of these cases coming from outside of the state and now they are spreading here in Western North Carolina.”

Sounds like the church in Cartersville GA.
People started getting sick after the March 1st service and another service was held on March 8th.
And another had recently returned from a cruise.

That is what our county health department is stating.

Many COVID-19 Cases In WNC Can Be Traced To A Folk School Dance

For the life of me I CANNOT get the article to copy and paste. Dance was held on 3/10. Person from NY attended and was already infected. My family self quarantined after indirect exposure from the dance. Wish I could find another news source. It’s interesting to see how it all started in Western NC which is where I live.

They may have to postpone the annual Highland Games.

NCDHHS: COVID-19 North Carolina Dashboard

Friday, April 10, posted figures:
3,908 laboratory-confirmed cases
74 deaths
57,645 completed tests
423 currently hospitalized

Mecklenburg County (home of Charlotte) and Guilford County (home of Greensboro) have the most deaths of people confirmed as having COVID--10 and 9, respectively. Many counties have only 1 or 2 deaths so far, and some have none. I wonder how many people with COVID have died without having been tested for it.

Cherokee County resident positive for COVID-19, worked in healthcare in Blairsville GA

Cherokee County resident positive for COVID-19, worked at Lowe's with symptoms

Two more cases in our little county. These two cases are posted on the county health department website. Tried to copy and past with no success. It must be the operator (me).

Still self quarantined here.

Richmond County is now reporting ten cases of COVID-19. Two new cases were reported on Saturday, April 11, 2020).

• As of 1:00 pm, April 12, 2020, Richmond County has ten laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID 19 with one deceased, four hospitalized and five under home isolation.
  • At this time, 323 Richmond County residents have been tested for COVID- 19. 10 COVID-19 positive test results have been received and 306 negative COVID-19 test results have been received (98% of all test results have been returned).

Bulletin #47
April 21, 2020
1:00 p.m.

Dare County, in consultation with the Dare County Control Group, is finalizing a plan to address the lifting of restrictions on entry to Dare County while protecting the safety of our community. The first phase will allow entry of non-resident property owners. The plan will be released by the end of the day (Tuesday, April 21). To receive the plan directly in your inbox, register to receive news from Dare County at www.darenc.com/enotify

State Cases of COVID-19

In North Carolina, there are currently 6,951 cases of COVID-19 in 93 counties. There have been 213 fatalities in NC associated with COVID-19. Currently, the state is reporting 427 hospitalizations across the state from COVID-19 illness.

County’s Positive Test Results Remains at 15

The number of positive COVID-19 test results remains at 15. Fourteen have recovered/or are asymptomatically cleared (meaning they are seven days post testing with no symptoms) and one died.

Dare County

A variety of data-driven COVID-19 related maps and web applications are available online and on social media. While these online applications may be appealing and engaging to some users, pay attention to the data source and disclaimers. Most are intended for informational or entertainment purposes and not intended to provide credible statistics. Users should only rely on accurate, reliable information from credible sources like the CDC, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and local public health officials.

Dare County News | Dare County, NC

More Not Social Distancing Fear being spread by the News.
The congregation was there by their own choice.
He was probably using the virus as an example of faith.

Last edited:

Here is what happened:
"Statewide, cases rose Sunday, with 289 deaths reported. But N.C. health officials also said Sunday an earlier reporting error inflated the statewide case total. Officials corrected Saturday’s total number of cases to 8,542 and reported a total of 8,830 on Sunday morning.

All test results sent Saturday from a health care provider in the eastern part of North Carolina were incorrectly reported as positive, leading to an overcount of cases, DHHS said Sunday."

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article242302381.html

Carolina Community Tracing Collaborative | Community Care of North Carolina

“CCNC is hiring a Statewide Contact Tracing Team to contact North Carolinians who have been exposed to COVID-19, explain how they can keep themselves and others safe, and connect them to necessary healthcare resources.

Join the team working to protect North Carolinians from COVID-19 while safely reopening North Carolina! “

Several positions available, click on position to apply.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back