Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a map from 2004, describing military areas in Norway.
The areas are fairly distributed throughout the country, except for the area Stavanger - Brastein - Vikesa - Ualand.

Along that axis -where Arjens phone pinged on August 30th- there is a concentration of military exercise fields:

LRTWMIc.jpg

Here is a map from 2004, describing military areas in Norway.
The areas are fairly distributed throughout the country, except for the area Stavanger - Brastein - Vikesa - Ualand.

Along that axis -where Arjens phone pinged on August 30th- there is a concentration of military exercise fields:

LRTWMIc.jpg
another map over military installations: ArcGIS Web Application Digital version, gives a litte different expression than the drawn one, and also shows hole of Norway, plus with search function for area

This article came today in VG:
"Top secret military bases revealed. The National Security Authority (NSM) has published a map of the Armed Forces installations and facilities, including strictly secret facilities. In connection with new regulations on airborne sensor systems, the National Security Authority has published this map."
Topphemmelige militærbaser avslørt

Last edited:
@Cave : maybe Tarjei could check some of the more dogy local goys in Fauske and around ? I don't want to stigmatize anyone but as Ive understood there are a smaller group of drug-addicts there, and sometimes such people get desperate to get money and do whatever..

What about money ? His pocket with ID included VISA and or Master cards (if I have understood correctly) and money, are there any information about the last time his card was used, if he has withdrawal larger amounts lately or made som larger crypto transactions, if he has bitcoins etc.? What about passport or other ID possible to travel with ?

Last edited:
The dates are badly matched, the events around Vikeså took place on August 30th, the freight ship passed around South Norway on August 27th. If the ship has anything to do with the phone, there has been a transfer on the high seas, reasonably unlikely. However, it is worth noting that the ship sails at a very low speed over 100 kilometers around Stavanger. Or a significant delay in the registration of the mobile signal.

be_mo_zpsodmvausl.jpg
Do you hava data for IT INTREPID as well ? Around the dates 20th and 3oth of august ?

Bitcoins?! Of course that could be an option! Didnt know he had CC.to my knowledge,it was not made public
Do you hava data for IT INTREPID as well ? Around the dates 20th and 3oth of august ?
Whats up with the It Intrepid?

Last edited:
Been thinking a bit about 'the Arjen we know' as family and friends put it.

IMHO the mystery has already started the moment he checks out of his hotel in Bodø. The time is 14.00 hrs in the afternoon, on Monday Agust 20. An odd time for a check-out.
He has a train to catch, he bought the ticket on-line. The ticket goes with a reservation.
The night train leaves at 21.00 hrs.
The distance from the hotel to the railway station is 400 meters. A five-minute walk.
In his luggage, he has a kayak with a weight of 15 kg, though I may have read somewhere that there are some doubts if he had the kayak with him when he checked out of the hotel. If so: where was the kayak? Did he go to pick it up?

It does not make sense to check-out of a hotel at 14.00 hrs to catch a train that leaves at 21.00 hrs at a distance of 400 meters from the hotel. Yet he took all his luggage. Did he leave the luggae in a locker at the railway station? And then what did he do?

If Arjen had wanted to go kayaking again, he would have gone out in the morning, family and friends say. Either that same Monday morning, or he would have taken a train / bus / ... to a next destination and slept in a hotel.

Maybe the bad weather is a factor. Still this does not explain the time between the check-out and the departure of the train. Even if Arjen took the earlier train to Fauske and Rognan, he was way too early and had time to spend in bad weather.

Before the details about the kayak had emerged, it was thought that Arjen had gone for a hike near Bodø from which he had not returned due to an accident. Then the kayak is found an no one is interested anymore in how he spent the time in Bodø between leaving the hotel and catching the night train or an earlier train to Fauske or Rognan.

'The Arjen we know' planned to take the night train to Trondheim and a plane to Amsterdam on August 22.
Did he cancel the night train? Did he change his flight? Did he book a hotel in another area? Had he booked a hotel in Trondheim?

If he appears not to act like the Arjen we know, this must have started in Bodø.
IMHO he had a plan for the afternoon. Possibly, that plan fell through and then he decided to take an earlier train.

I would like to know if he changed his reservation for the night train from the starting point Bodø to another destination. I assume that if you do not turn up, your seat may be given to someone else?

Do you hava data for IT INTREPID as well ?

I only see one opportunity for "It Intrepid" to be included in this case. "It Intrepid" is a cable layer ship. It's a guess, but I suppose they have advanced equipment to monitor the seabed. Advanced sonar? Underwater robot? If you ask Nexans nicely, they may have time for a few days to help in search, if the equipment of the ship is suitable for the search of a person.

. I assume that if you do not turn up, your seat may be given to someone else?
From my experience I booked last summer with interrail...and during that time all trains were crowed..and most seats resevered.
It was not in Norway but there was a lot of fuzz about people who took the trouble to reserve a seat and people who just sit anywhere...without a reservation!
Even if you showed it..the reservation..some really didnt care..so from my point of view.Nobody checked the conductor only checked if you have a valid ticket
I tell you it is a paradise for crimnals during these choatic crowed people with a lot of luggage trying to find their seats and talk people out of these reserved spots.

Is there a public known timing of Rogaland mobile signal event, so you could possibly match a flight departure. The probability that a criminal actor has activated the phones of curiosity in a plane, on the way out of Norwegian territory, than in a car several hours before leaving Norwegian territory.
An important information in Rogaland's mobile signal event is this: "- Base station information shows that two phones associated with the missing were used for a short period of 30th August. One phone is linked to him as an individual while the other is his workphone. Both phones had signals that lasted less than one hour, says police lawyer in Nordland, Trond Lakselvhaug. (two different IMEIs) An unlikely act would be that AK himself has enabled his workphone around 22:00 in Fauske. Here one would imagine that the private would be taken into use. The information is missing about which phone is enabled in Fauske/Rognan.

Bitcoins?! Of course that could be an option! Didnt know he had CC.to my knowledge,it was not made public

Its a cable ship connected to Nexus. Been to Rognan and through Stavanger area on way to Canada in August/Sept., not sure the dates though, history behind paywalls

not sure the dates though, history behind paywalls

This is not a ship tracker and it's hard to work with. Try to play a little with filters and timebar. However, I find AIS data a bit unstable/offgrid on this platform, but you can come back in time and manually follow the ships outside of Norwegian territory.

Attachments

• kystinfo.jpg
    kystinfo.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 1
There are a few grottos in Nordland, one southeast in Fauske, the Svarthammarhola, known as the Nordic region's largest indoor natural mountain hall. Might be an interesting place for AK to check as a mountaineer. Nearby is also Storhellarhola, a smaller one.
Informasjon om veg og trafikk | Statens vegvesen, Kvænflogtunnlen, the tunnel where AKs belonging found have a camera, but I think its only activated when a sensor reports rockslides or movement in the mountain

This is not a ship tracker and it's hard to work with. Try to play a little with filters and timebar. However, I find AIS data a bit unstable/offgrid on this platform, but you can come back in time and manually follow the ships outside of Norwegian territory.
didn't understand history there, only realtime, anyway, have not got the most interesting dates but still, from ship spotter forums:
2. July Rognan Norway, July 17 - 20 Kiel Canal Germany, 16. Aug. Wilson Ny US, 24. -27. August Toronto Canada, 16. Sept. Rognan, 27. Sept Rognan

Fauske lockers.

Yesterday fauske lockers were inspected by us. There are currently no lockers in use.
Scenario of luggage currently left behind in lockers at Fauske train station is non-valid.

View attachment 148584

Tarjei & Cave
Maybe he left his luggage at the beach, in small places that can seem like a safe thing to do, went for a smaller kayaktour, had an accident and his luggage was left until someone, traveling criminals for example as the phone gave signals far south, found his equipment and stole it. Criminal groups have been in Norway and stole for example GPS equipment from multiple construction machines. Often they search for stuff around construction sites, dont know if there are anyone large around Fauske/Rognan.

Maybe he left his luggage at the beach, in small places that can seem like a safe thing to do, went for a smaller kayaktour, had an accident and his luggage was left until someone, traveling criminals for example as the phone gave signals far south, found his equipment and stole it. Criminal groups have been in Norway and stole for example GPS equipment from multiple construction machines. Often they search for stuff around construction sites, dont know if there are anyone large around Fauske/Rognan.
Im sorry but this really sounds off..I do not think he would -ever- leave his belongings unguarded!

Criminals who work in gangs are very well organised,they work,at least as a trio.
One who is on the look out,the second destract and the third snatched it before you know it!

And they rob on order..most of the time..if AK took the train,..well imo he could have been seen with a load of luggage,alone..if he was robbed,it seems more likely that it happend between the train stops

As for the vessels...for me..I do not think,its going to be panned out,they all have radio on board and at least I hope the police followed these rumours and ruled it out by now

But so far,we do not know...I do hope his family gets more answers then questions!

Hidden in a "messy area" (read; cosy authentic), small sheds and the like. Or given oversight of the luggage behind the Slipen Scene, to someone he has known for not more than one hour or two and something has gone wrong. Highly unlikely in comparison to what I have read about AK, but I know a few who would be able to do both.

Hidden in a "messy area" (read; cosy authentic), small sheds and the like. Or given oversight of the luggage behind the Slipen Scene, to someone he has known for not more than one hour or two and something has gone wrong. Highly unlikely in comparison to what I have read about AK, but I know a few who would be able to do both.

No need to leave anything on the beach. The ORU kayak carries a lot of luggage.

There are youtubes on how to store your luggage in the ORU kayak, and also on top of it, and on your own back while kayaking if I heard that well.

Video, about storage at the start and from 3.55:

IMHO assuming an accident happened, this may account for the fact that the paddle was found days before the kayak. The paddle would have floated away immediately, but if the kayak overturned, the luggage stored may have held it down, until the items slid out ot the hull.

No need to leave anything on the beach. The ORU kayak carries a lot of luggage.
He may not have sailed in the kayak after Bodø, I do not think so. Other people may have performed the bad assembly of the kayak, between Rognan and Fauske :(

I would hate to go to the restaurant with so much luggage, but I would just leave the supervision to a travel mate I already knew.

Video, about storage at the start and from 3.55:
Impressive:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads