Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Body found in Bodø harbour

On Friday mornings, a dead person was found in the harbor basin of Bodø city center. The first message came to the police via Twitter at 11.04.

Operations Manager Kai Eriksen tells Avisa Nordland at 11.15 the man was lifted from the sea.

"The person has been recovered and has been declared dead by health personnel," says Eriksen.

"The person is now taken to Nordland Hospital. At the same time, the police work to identify the person so that relatives can be notified."

"We currently do not know who it is, but we are talking about a man. Age uncertain," says Eriksen.

The police say there have been no reports of missing people in the past, except that Dutchman Arjen Kamphuis disappeared from Bodø on August 20th.

"Currently, we have no indication that it is him," says Eriksen.

The police have been aboard one of the boats which is located in Bodø. According to reporter Anders Bergundhaugen, there were persons aboard this boat who would have made the first observation of the dead person.

Arjen Kamphuis checked out from Scandic Bodø at 14.00, 20th of August. Since then, no one has made sure observations of the Dutchman, who has connections to the disputed Wikileaks who are known for spreading classified documents.

BBM

We'll know soon enough if it is him or if it is not.
If it is indeed AK ~though it does not appear to be ~ at least he would be found. But the mysteries surrounding his disappearance would become even bigger.

It was a Norwegian man they found dead yesterday in the harbour..

I should feel sorrier, for that man and his family. RIP stranger.

I am relieved that it is not Arjen, even though I think it most likely that Arjen had an accident of sorts and is no longer alive. And I also hope he will be found. I wasn't aware of it, but I somehow expected that once Arjen was found, this also would explain what happened. A solution of sorts. If it had been Arjen in Bodø harbour, the mystery would have thickened.

#FindArjen

Fjordline or Colorline from Kristiansand to Hirtshals, have this trace been checked ? Is it possible to buy ticket on site, harbour or ferry ?

I dont know but did make some screenshots,a while ago about public transport...regarding Norway.
To be honest,(atm)..after the whole fuzz,on the forum..I think,it is up to Arjens family and close friends to push this futher.Hope there is a back up,saved,with the info gathered!

I dont know but did make some screenshots,a while ago about public transport...regarding Norway.
To be honest,(atm)..after the whole fuzz,on the forum..I think,it is up to Arjens family and close friends to push this futher.Hope there is a back up,saved,with the info gathered!
I think there should have been more research south of Stavanger, not only in the northern part. The rambling on the twitter channel, that was a lot of strange accusations, not helpful for solving the case

Before Arjen was missing,there was another missing Dutch person in Loas,who went kayaking...and that ended fatal/sadly ..but still I want to share this article because there are many similarities...both were living in Amsterdam..both were on vacation and both were kayking..on August missing and family,people were searching..
Here is the article: Amsterdamse Mattijn (30) vermist na kajak-ongeluk in Laos (sorry GT /DIY)

But the search for Mattijn L. included a helicopter: [translation quote] A helicopter is now Mattijn's best chance of survival. It is more efficient to search above ground with instruments on board that can find a human body. The local volunteers do not have these resources. [End quote of GT

I did read on another media source that the
helicopter also had instruments to search for body warmth under water..for (R.I.P) Mattijn Lahuis
Also we do know that the Norwegian Red Cross were searching,local police,kripos Kripos coast guards boat with equipments (solar,cameras..etc)

So with this said..I have some questions..to be asked!
Does anyone know here @Lorrie @eeqaz know by chance.. or can find out..,what kind of devices were used, after the report of the disapearnce of Arjen, reached Norway,by these special search teams..red cross/police/ kripos?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member