Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both of the SIM cards was connected to him, if someone fake the IMEI nr how to fake the SIM cards ?
How to Locate Lost Phones

IMEI it’s the number unique to your mobile device given by GSM network. It’s the same number that your network provider uses to prevent a thief from connecting to network. 1. Find the box yought phone with, its written there. 2. call your mobile provider and request for the SIM card number that is connected with your IMEI and cell phone number. 3.Request for assistance in tracking the location of your SIM card. Once the network provider detects that the original SIM card has been replaced, using the IMEI of your mobile phone, the network provider can trace the new sim card number of your lost phone.

Law enforcement can block your phone to prevent others from using your phone or sending a text message notification to the missing phone. As long as the missing phone has a SIM card on it, the message will be received.

Survey if anyone else is interested. Who thinks the SIM card exchange was done by AK?

Count me in. I believe it was AK.

Count me out. I think AK drowned near Rognan.

If he drowned near Rognan in the afternoon of August 20, he could not possibly operate his phones later that evening near Fauske, or 10 days later in Rogaland.
In that case, the phones must be in posession of someone else.
Since the trip to Rognan was not planned originally, I wonder if AK went to Rognan to meet with this person and planned to take the night train later that evening. Or perhaps he met with this person in Bodø and they got on the train together.

I still wonder what he was doing in Bodø between checking out of the hotel and getting on the train 2.5 hours later.

The reason I think AK drowned near Rognan is the pouch that was found with money and ID-cards. This bag is the kind that you wear on your belt. However, when kayaking, the pouch gets in the way and you take it off. The bag was found without a belt. IMHO the bag was with AK in the kayak.

If AK had wanted to disappear, he would have needed the money.
If he was victim of a crime, the perpetrator(s) would have taken the money. They also would have taken the ID because this allowed LE to identify the bag immediately.

I have no explanation for the phones that comnected to the network later. Perhaps someone took them. Perhaps they were found. IMHO the person who does not want to be found is not AK but a different person who has the phones.

Never knew that this would be possible. In other words, IF Arjens imei number was "borrowed" by someone else, that someone else would have had to know his imei number + phone number. That's quite complicated. Would be easier for that someone else to just use Arjens phone instead. In other words: I think that it was Arjens phone at Vikesa and surroundings.
Agree Chiatos

Count me out. I think AK drowned near Rognan.

If he drowned near Rognan in the afternoon of August 20, he could not possibly operate his phones later that evening near Fauske, or 10 days later in Rogaland.
In that case, the phones must be in posession of someone else.
Since the trip to Rognan was not planned originally, I wonder if AK went to Rognan to meet with this person and planned to take the night train later that evening. Or perhaps he met with this person in Bodø and they got on the train together.

I still wonder what he was doing in Bodø between checking out of the hotel and getting on the train 2.5 hours later.

The reason I think AK drowned near Rognan is the pouch that was found with money and ID-cards. This bag is the kind that you wear on your belt. However, when kayaking, the pouch gets in the way and you take it off. The bag was found without a belt. IMHO the bag was with AK in the kayak.

If AK had wanted to disappear, he would have needed the money.
If he was victim of a crime, the perpetrator(s) would have taken the money. They also would have taken the ID because this allowed LE to identify the bag immediately.

I have no explanation for the phones that comnected to the network later. Perhaps someone took them. Perhaps they were found. IMHO the person who does not want to be found is not AK but a different person who has the phones.

Still no sign of his luggage - which could not fit on the kayak IMO

According to Dutch police, the police in Norway have not asked for the history of the German sim card yet
If this is correct,it sure is troubling.
I thought that it was done,already.
"From this number, colleagues in Norway are still requesting a history./So there is now also a study in Denmark via the Sirene bureau"
(-Source: Dutch Police missings report Arjen Kamphuis.)

Why would the DP go to Norway and help with the investigation,which seems very expensive for both,NP & DP and then...
- negligence about the query data usage of the sim card??

Hard to believe that they haven't done so,it doesn't make sence...(to me)

Some posts ago I mentioned Arjen's point of view about Dutch Policy on "retaliatory capabilities" (April 2018).
Perhaps the following is related. Yesterday, November 12th 2018, the Dutch Ministry of Defence announced:
Defence increases effectiveness against cyber threats
20181112-cyberstrategie.jpg

Chapter I Dutch Defence contribution to digital security in The Netherlands and NATO
Chapter II Digital prevalence in military operations
Chapter III Conditions: personnel, cognition and innovation, cryptography

Defensie vergroot slagkracht tegen cyberdreiging

Still no sign of his luggage - which could not fit on the kayak IMO

Important part of the luggage was the kayak itself. The rest might fit into and on top of the kayak but this would of course depend on the kind of bags and cases that Arjen had. If I remember well, it was said that he was carrying bags when he left the hotel ~if these are foldable (possibly when empty), they would fit.

Not that it makes much sense either why he would do this, but it is a theory that can be checked and thus confirmed or rejected.

Important part of the luggage was the kayak itself. The rest might fit into and on top of the kayak but this would of course depend on the kind of bags and cases that Arjen had. If I remember well, it was said that he was carrying bags when he left the hotel ~if these are foldable (possibly when empty), they would fit.

Not that it makes much sense either why he would do this, but it is a theory that can be checked and thus confirmed or rejected.
Just found a website,that mentions that AK bought hiking items in The Netherlands..(as if isn't weird enough,already)
Thought he had a knee ok,a year before?

"He had bought hiking stuff in the Netherlands"
Vermist: 46-jarige Arjen Kamphuis
Sorry guess it is not the only source that mentioned it.
It also is posted on the police website:
"Hij had in Nederland hiking spullen gekocht."

Arjen Kamphuis
Guess I missed that somehow..

Last edited:
Just found a website,that mentions that AK bought hiking items in The Netherlands..(as if isn't weird enough,already)
Thought he had a knee ok,a year before?

"He had bought hiking stuff in the Netherlands"
Vermist: 46-jarige Arjen Kamphuis
Sorry guess it is not the only source that mentioned it.
It also is posted on the police website:
"Hij had in Nederland hiking spullen gekocht."

Arjen Kamphuis
Guess I missed that somehow..

When Arjen was first reported missing, it was thought he might have had a hiking accident in the hills around Bodø, he might have fallen off some rocks, into a crevice, his phone was not turned on etc. (All Norwegians take a fully charged phone when they go into the great Outdoors!) The news about the kayak came later and the news about the train to Rognan came after that.

But the hiking accident was mentioned first, and then almost forgotten.

When Arjen was first reported missing, it was thought he might have had a hiking accident in the hills around Bodø, he might have fallen off some rocks, into a crevice, his phone was not turned on etc. (All Norwegians take a fully charged phone when they go into the great Outdoors!) The news about the kayak came later and the news about the train to Rognan came after that.

But the hiking accident was mentioned first, and then almost forgotten.
Thx,I remember that.
So,...back to square!?

I just did not know that he had bought hiking stuff.

Thought his family and friends assumed he was going to hike there because he had done that before.

Wonder what kind of stuff you buy, if you've already been hiking in Norway before?

I just did not know that he had bought hiking stuff.

Thought his family and friends assumed he was going to hike there because he had done that before.

Wonder what kind of stuff you buy, if you've already been hiking in Norway before?
An origami kayak ? More like a mid crise idea rather than an experienced hiker

An origami kayak ? More like a mid crise idea rather than an experienced hiker

The thought crossed my mind that having to carry all his luggage made him decide to stay in one place and take day trips.

On the other hand, for someone who does not drive a car and does not have a driver's licence, a foldable kayak would be a logical choice if they decided they needed a kayak. But even then, it is a lot of money for a holiday of 11 days and with unreliable weather.

How far can you go with all the bag(s) and with a kayak that wasn't was not unfolded totally / put together?

I'm not 100 % certain that the kayak wasn't put together or not unfolded completely. This might have happened in reverse too IMHO.

But that does not really matter for this scenario.

In fact it is quite easy. Arjen was putting the kayak together and placing his luggage into the hull. You have to do that before you install the pieces that make the compartments and the seat. So the luggage is all in the kayak, and at the last moment, something happens with Arjen. Let's say he went to take a leak in the bushes and had a medical emergency. He collapses in the bushes or a crevice, and when the water level rises, the kayak with all his stuff is carried away. It crashes over some rocks, water gets in, the kayak sinks in the fjord, maybe turns over and rises again when the luggage starts falling out of the hull. Kayak, paddle and purse emerge between Rognan and Fauske.

That is why I would love to know where he went when he got off the train in Rognan. SAR dogs finding his trail, you know my wishlist. Where did he go? Bus stop? Walk? Picked up by a car, perhaps a taxi?

The scenario does not explain why he would do this instead of taking the night train, nor what happened to his phones. But at least it might explain something.

#FindArjen

Wondering about AK's health at the time he left for his trip.
In the video posted of AJ's speaking engagement where he talks about his phone and passwords, could not help but wonder if he was feeling well.
Not sure how to discreetly suggest without insulting or hurting anyone, that perhaps his teeth troubled him and that his face may have been splotchy and bloated.
Did his knees still hurt after his operation, did medication help with the pain?
total speculation, imo.

Wondering about AK's health at the time he left for his trip.
In the video posted of AJ's speaking engagement where he talks about his phone and passwords, could not help but wonder if he was feeling well.
Not sure how to discreetly suggest without insulting or hurting anyone, that perhaps his teeth troubled him and that his face may have been splotchy and bloated.
Did his knees still hurt after his operation, did medication help with the pain?
total speculation, imo.

He is a non-native speaker giving a very good speech in English and he delivers his speech while standing.

Hope this answers your speculations.

In fact it is quite easy. Arjen was putting the kayak together and placing his luggage into the hull. You have to do that before you install the pieces that make the compartments and the seat. So the luggage is all in the kayak, and at the last moment, something happens with Arjen. Let's say he went to take a leak in the bushes and had a medical emergency. He collapses in the bushes or a crevice, and when the water level rises, the kayak with all his stuff is carried away. It crashes over some rocks, water gets in, the kayak sinks in the fjord, maybe turns over and rises again when the luggage starts falling out of the hull. Kayak, paddle and purse emerge between Rognan and Fauske.
This would be a perfectly simple explanation. However: Arjen would have assembled his kayak on a beach or "beachy" spot. Let's say: Rognan beach. There are no crevices on that beach and if he would have collapsed while taking a leak in the bushes, his body would have been found the next day(s).

Could it have been another beach? Then he would have had to reach that beach first. With all his luggage. Let's say for instance, Setså beach. He would have had to travel to Setså to assemble his kayak there. And then again, there are no crevices on that beach, etc.

A combination of the above could be: assemble the kayak at Rognan (including the luggage), paddle to Setsa to take a break, take a leak. Then something goes wrong. But then again, he should have left some traces at Setså. (...)
1008630_h86a08eb760c2a599bd8b_v1249931695_562x450.jpeg

Setså
SETSÅ STASJON,saltdal kommune

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members