Norway Norway - Oslo, WhtFem 20-30, Fake Name, shot in hotel room, Jun'95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't sleep so I'm rereading the article written about this.

It says 7 bullets were found in the holster of the gun. "missing 1 bullet" it says. The gun can hold 9. It was missing 2 bullets.

There was 2 gunshots. 1 into the pillow, and one into her head.

The pillow did not to have blood, so must have been used from a distance away. Which would make the one theory shot make sense. I think the shot the security guy heard was to scare him away. There was a peephole in the door. He could have seen security coming.

That being said, the one bullet that killed her was from the gun she was holding. Trying to scour for details of the other one but I don't see much. They mentioned cartridges. Plural.

Some bullet fragments were found under the bed. If you have read the article it points out a lot of, what I perceive to be, standard investigation things, that they did not do. Like they just decided it was a suicide and called it a day.

The ring she was wearing had the numbers 333000 inscribed. Which means 8 karat. Some countries use this instead of the 14k,8k,etc system.

Last edited:
Your point about the sun setting later is a great observation. How has that fib gone unnoticed for so long?

I think at least several high-up managers of the hotel are complicit in this murder. Afterall, this hotel was known for hosting top secret political meetings and NATO summits and other things like that.

Whoever had her killed had the help of some of the hotel management or chief of security there etc.

They would have had these connections and working relationships and probably knew the murderer. He may have even been a long-time political guest there.

I think the Frankenstein monster gun was acquired especially for the job via a contact already in Norway. It was an intact gun that could easily be left behind and not needed anymore.

The death was a professional hit, with the OK and co-operation of the senior hotel management. They wanted to help their best clients and keep them happy, especially if they're NATO big wigs.

This is also the reason why the Norwegian police service have been so slack and uninterested. They've been told to ignore clues, and treat it as a suicide, no questions asked. Turn a blind eye.

Whoever "Jennifer" really was, and whatever she did, she got too close to something or knew too much. And sadly, that's what can happen in these circles. It's a dangerous game.
RIP.

MOO.

That makes quite a lot of sense.

If we accept this, I think she died the night before. That better explains the partially digested food. It also fits with "Mr F." and his unusual story.

That makes quite a lot of sense.

If we accept this, I think she died the night before. That better explains the partially digested food. It also fits with "Mr F." and his unusual story.

Speaking of Mr. F.
He was casually told about the suicide by an employee. That's a little sus. Not just his story, but an employee, or someone posing as one, would have had easy access around the hotel.

I think at least several high-up managers of the hotel are complicit in this murder. Afterall, this hotel was known for hosting top secret political meetings and NATO summits and other things like that.

MOO.

I completely agree. The hotel and the intelligence services. Someone important waving a badge around in that situation could achieve anything with regards to secrecy. Equally staffers being told they risk official secrets or treason charges if they speak are going to keep their mouths shut.

I think Netflix running this case might have been the unravelling, as it garnered so much new interest.

Ok....I'm listening to an account, and I am wondering this: why would it take the police 30 minutes + to arrive at the scene? That makes absolutely NO sense. It was a Saturday evening, in summer, and this hotel is centrally located in Oslo. Let alone the high profile of normal guests.

It took them 30 minutes??? What did they do, crawl?

I think the staff were negligent and incompetent but I don't believe there's a conspiracy here, personally. I don't think the police did a great job either initially because they thought "just a suicide" and didn't realize until after the scene had been cleaned up and everything that they couldn't ID her, so there was no initial reason to suspect anything other than suicide.

I think she possibly got the ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo rather than flying. There's less checks in general with ferries within Europe.

I think it's possible that she could have disposed of all of her clothes and stuff herself if she was suicidal. It's quite a common thing to do to "prepare" for a suicide. However the lack of trousers/skirt leans away from that idea.

I agree. I don't think she flew in, but she may have. I'm not sure how much attention would have been paid to her say on a SAS or Lufthansa regional flight? Probably next to zero.

I always leaned towards her driving, or being a passenger. If she actually did start off in Germany, it is a day trip to Copenhagen. Then as you note, a ferry to Oslo. Or at that time, one to Sweden and a drive up the coast. (I think this would have been the faster option. The Helsingor-Helsingborg ferry crossing is very quick) In the time she was thought to be absent from the hotel room, she could have been driving all over the place and back.

She could have been anywhere prior to Oslo too. We don't know where she was when she made her reservations. She could have already been IN Oslo for all we know. She may have lived in Norway at that time.

I agree. I don't think she flew in, but she may have. I'm not sure how much attention would have been paid to her say on a SAS or Lufthansa regional flight? Probably next to zero.

I always leaned towards her driving, or being a passenger. If she actually did start off in Germany, it is a day trip to Copenhagen. Then as you note, a ferry to Oslo. Or at that time, one to Sweden and a drive up the coast. (I think this would have been the faster option. The Helsingor-Helsingborg ferry crossing is very quick) In the time she was thought to be absent from the hotel room, she could have been driving all over the place and back.

She could have been anywhere prior to Oslo too. We don't know where she was when she made her reservations. She could have already been IN Oslo for all we know. She may have lived in Norway at that time.

There are trains that go between Oslo and Stockholm Sweden and vice versa. Not sure if they ran in 1995,but it has been a thing for a while.

There are trains that go between Oslo and Stockholm Sweden and vice versa. Not sure if they ran in 1995,but it has been a thing for a while.

I'm fairly certain they did. I could go have a look at old mementos I have saved later and see if I have ticket stubs. I know with 100% certainty I travelled by train from Stockholm-Oslo-Bergen myself at least on one occasion, because I specifically wanted to travel around on the trains and have photos, but I'm not sure which year off the top of my head. (Same general time period though)

Buses are another option. Think about 90s Europe, again, if you're old enough. How people dressed. How it was to travel. I know I keep saying this, but "Jennifer" doesn't seem as though she would have attracted attention from anyone. She could have been anyone, from anywhere.

She was so ordinary. Why care who she was, what she was doing? Look at her photo. Would you remember her if it was not for this case?

I have quite a few programs and some experience with enhancing photos. Let me know which ones you want a closer look at and I will see what I can bring out.

I have quite a few programs and some experience with enhancing photos. Let me know which ones you want a closer look at and I will see what I can bring out.

I would love to see more detail of the ones @ApparentlyInDenial shared that call attention to the objects on the floor. The objects are visible in some photos, and then appear to have been removed from the next series.

If it was me, I would probably run them all through, just to see if anything stands out as interesting or strange. Reflections that might show a person or object, things in a slightly different spot, that kind of thing.

Obviously, if you find anything REALLY weird, don't share it if it could be unsafe. No one has said that for awhile, but I think it is worth saying.

As always, this case, while so interesting, might have an unsavory element to it.

Obviously, if you find anything REALLY weird, don't share it if it could be unsafe. No one has said that for awhile, but I think it is worth saying.

As always, this case, while so interesting, might have an unsavory element to it.

I’ve learned that the hard way this week! I feel like as all the evidence we’re looking through is in the public domain then the risk is relatively low, but there definitely is a risk.

I would love to see more detail of the ones @ApparentlyInDenial shared that call attention to the objects on the floor. The objects are visible in some photos, and then appear to have been removed from the next series.

If it was me, I would probably run them all through, just to see if anything stands out as interesting or strange. Reflections that might show a person or object, things in a slightly different spot, that kind of thing.

I will go back and grab them and see what we can see in them.

I've been curious about this myself. Apparently someone did actually complain to management about the habits of the couple, but there seems to be little information on the exact nature of the complaint. This is ridiculous as I believe this could tell us a lot more about the couple's purpose for being in the hotel in the first place.

The other baffling thing is the purpose of the USA Today newspaper which was nicked from another room. Of all things, this makes no sense at all, as she would have had her own delivered. Also, it's not a particularly neighbourly thing to do anyway. I can only think that perhaps it was used to slip some paperwork or a message to Jennifer undercover.
This reminds me of the Elisa Lamam case. For years, we were told that Lisa had been acting strange and her roommates had complained, but we had no other details. Finally, this year, due to the Netflix film, we know that she was writing odd notes to them, locking them out of the room etc. Knowing this made all the difference for me in terms of figuring out what happened, i.e., she was having a bipolar episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid