NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing ... the shooter had two rooms it has been stated. Large suite at end of hall and another room right next to it. The second room floor plan looked liked a door only to the hallway. Wouldn't the shooter have to go out in the hall to get inside the second separate room?

Also I have seen one semi blurry photo of the shooter on the ground deceased. Pardon my ignorance and it is gross but wouldn't a shot in the mouth leave more of a mess ... not just blood from the back of his head but wouldn't there be masses of tissue etc all about? Yikes that gives me the terrors just typing that.

I was trying to find the 79 page depo of the suit he did !

Folks that can recall the layout of his room . would each window actually be in the two rooms separated by the living room

that also makes no sense --why would you make such a large distance to run back and forth to shoot people?

According to swat one of the doors was locked and had to be blown out

Why would he lock one of the doors ??
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/04/us/vegas-shooting-hotel-room.html
attachment.php

room-virtual-tour-1400.jpg

Attachments

• room-diagram-1050.jpg
    room-diagram-1050.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 253

Folks that can recall the layout of his room . would each window actually be in the two rooms separated by the living room

that also makes no sense --why would you make such a large distance to run back and forth to shoot people?

-We haven’t seen a blowout door. And it is reported that SG gave LE the key card to enter the room. Soooo confusing!

Gamblers more prone to violent behavior
Men who gamble are more likely to act violently towards others, with the most addicted gamblers the most prone to serious violence, new research has shown

Date:
September 6, 2016
Source:
University of Lincoln
Summary:
Men who gamble are more likely to act violently towards others, with the most addicted gamblers the most prone to serious violence. A new study found that gambling in any capacity -- pathological, problem, or so-called casual gambling -- related to significantly increased risk of violence, including domestic abuse.

Men who gamble are more likely to act violently towards others, with the most addicted gamblers the most prone to serious violence, new research has shown.

A study published in the journal Addiction found that gambling in any capacity -- pathological, problem, or so-called casual gambling -- related to significantly increased risk of violence, including domestic abuse.

Researchers surveyed 3,025 men about whether they had ever engaged in violent behaviour, including if they had ever been in a physical fight, assaulted or deliberately hit anyone, if they had used a weapon, and whether the violence was perpetrated when they were drunk or on drugs. The survey also asked if they had ever hit a child, suffered from mental illness, whether they took regular medication, or exhibited impulsive behaviour.

The men surveyed -- who came from a range of socio-economic backgrounds across the UK and varied in age -- were also asked about whether they gambled. Eighty per cent of participants admitted to taking part in some sort of gambling activity during their lifetime.

The researchers found a statistically significant link between gambling and violent behaviour, which became starker the more severe the gambling habit. Just over half of pathological gamblers, 45 per cent of problem gamblers, and 28 per cent of 'casual gamblers' reported some form of physical fight in the past five years.

In contrast, among the non-gamblers, only 19 per cent reported being involved in violence.

Additionally, gambling was associated with an increased likelihood of weapons being used in acts of violence, with more than a quarter in the pathological category, 18 per cent of problem gamblers, and seven per cent of non-problem gamblers reporting weapon usage. Just over 15 per cent of non-problem gamblers also admitted to having had a fight while intoxicated, which rose to more than a quarter in problem gamblers and almost a third in pathological gamblers.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/09/160906103311.htm

If this is true there is zero doubt that 58 deaths could have been prevented.
That was more than enough time for the guard to radio in and say: "guy just shot me out of room 135 and it was near automatic gun fire!"
The cops could have engaged him through the door while waiting for SWAT and he likely wouldn't have ever shot out the window.
Wow. If I was a relative of a victim I would be in complete shock at this revelation.

MsFacetious
, bbm, ya think? What do you think is the hotel procedure for an employee being shot/injured? How long would it take to make a 911 call, tell the police what floor the employee is on? Do you send additional security to help or/attempt to rescue the injured coworker? Do these hallways have cameras and who is manning them? Would Mr. Jesus Campos have gotten quicker assistance if he had pulled a smoke alarm?
I have to admit, something about this seems off.... Perhaps someone who has worked in large hotel security can tell us the procedure for rendering assistance to an injured worker?
(I'm gonna take a break after this revelation.)

RSBM... maybe because they want to gather the evidence and analyze information before they speak publicly… They are dealing with a huge crime scene and many witnesses who left the area and maybe giving more information…. IMO, anything that comes out in the first couple days of a tragic event like this is subject to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are dealing with a large crime scene -- the problem is they did nothing in the crimes scene -- the concert area.

With this magnitude -- has anyone ever seen the following morning investigators swarming all over the concert area ,, with evidence bags?

The road were up and running the next day.

Anyone see any crime scene tape other than the hotel room

Pulse was wrapped of for weeks

The Aurora theatre weeks

I went down to Pulse a couple of weeks later and when I was there I saw a big white truck behind the fence with rubber gloves coming out even that long after

I may have missed some but have seen zero

Another thing ... the shooter had two rooms it has been stated. Large suite at end of hall and another room right next to it. The second room floor plan looked liked a door only to the hallway. Wouldn't the shooter have to go out in the hall to get inside the second separate room?

Also I have seen one semi blurry photo of the shooter on the ground deceased. Pardon my ignorance and it is gross but wouldn't a shot in the mouth leave more of a mess ... not just blood from the back of his head but wouldn't there be masses of tissue etc all about? Yikes that gives me the terrors just typing that.

Unfortunately I have personally seen someone who shot themself in the mouth. The entire face on that person was gone, and part of their brain was laying beside my foot.

Gamblers more prone to violent behavior
Men who gamble are more likely to act violently towards others, with the most addicted gamblers the most prone to serious violence, new research has shown

Date:
September 6, 2016
Source:
University of Lincoln
Summary:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/09/160906103311.htm

It also would be helpful to find out if there was DV in the first two marriages

If the sex worker info is accurate then we have an additional face to face person who interacted with him -------up close and personal !!!!

Just like the gf who was concerned about him

The brother behavior and description describe interesting things

Dad sure is colorful -- as is the Brother Bruce that old apple and something about a tree and falling

a psychosocial is certainly being formed !!

BBM

I wonder about this as well.
The purpose of my post was not to admonish but to ask you to think about making a diagnosis on a 'patient' you do not know and instead to focus on the facts we have only.
Redirect from diagnosing him to finding his reasons or even possible reasons for his act.
Thats the only question, really and one to which we may never find an answer.
He took less than 50 Diazepam , possibly low potency, in 18 months.. thats not an addiction and that qty will not lead to either side effects or withdrawal or the more extreme psychopathology that can RARELY be associated with a mild anxiolytic.

We simply cannot trust reports of any of the alleged statements of those around him..it is likely they are misquoted and altered to suit whatever media is trying to sell papers.

He may well be a psychopath, a paranoid schizophrenic or a manic depressive.

But what RECENT drugs were prescribed for him, apart from the Valium?
Was he indulging in cocaine, for example? Thats a drug that will bestow a God complex very quickly.
The possibility of his physical deterioration may be pathological or not. Its relevance in my post was whether or not it spurned him to commit an act of absolute outrageousness when he did.

The numbers? I am merely playing with theories as to the whys of it. Speculating. hoping maybe somebody will volunteer to help find relevance in the date or bring numerological skills to play..
Theres hundreds of anti gov groups within USA.. many are cult like.. was he a member of any or did he embrace any known ideologies at all?

I do appreciate your response, you write well.

I have a question. How do you screw a door shut? Put the screws in at an angle?

Cariis has there been any outreach to his 2 ex wives? If so I missed it.

My thought is he was using the drill and screws to barricade the door to the hallway outside of the suite (so the door to the smaller bedroom--the cart was in front of it). But, I don't understand why they would have to breach that doorway when they could enter that bedroom from the main suite--which they did because they said they cleared that room.

Maybe they were just confused about the layout and didn't know it took them right back to the hallway.

One report states the security guard was shot, and hid in an alcove of a doorway. My question.... since the guard had a card to swipe into a room, why didn't he? There were other rooms on that floor, and I have no idea if they were occupied or not. But, even if I had a key, I would have went into a room, locked the door, and called police to come save me! I wouldn't have sat in the darn hall approx 20 minutes or more and prayed the shooter didn't come shoot me again! And if I was in that hall, and couldn't get to a room, when I heard all those shots being fired, that elevator could have taken me somewhere else. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I have a question. How do you screw a door shut? Put the screws in at an angle?

-And did he bring a Black & Decker drill with him?
And...how did the SG recognize a drill coming through the sheetrock? Did he see the actual drill bit?

Unfortunately I have personally seen someone who shot themself in the mouth. The entire face on that person was gone, and part of their brain was laying beside my foot.

What a horrible thing to see, I am sorry 2Hope4.

I didn't see all of the 60 minute CBS show. So does anyone know what SWAT team did once they breeched the room, entered, and saw a man dead. I saw the interview where they said they were surprised at the age, and clothing of the shooter, but what did they do next? Did they assume he was the shooter and no one else was there? Were they still on high alert and clearing the area to make sure no one else was there? How did they go about making sure it wasn't booby trapped? Those 4 guys in the 60 minute show said they were tripping over the guns. I don't know how. If you're looking for booby traps, explosives, and armed shooter, then aren't you watching where you walk?

I am so sorry.

That is definitely not how I would describe this shooter's body.
I do know that the caliber does make a difference as well.
Also trajectory. Depending on the angle of the gun.

I know a guy who shot himself in the mouth and lived.
He needed serious facial reconstruction but didn't appear to lose any cognitive functions.
There are just so many variables it's hard to know.
I am confident they can find information from his autopsy though.

I'm just so confused now with the time line change. Either way it is awful, horrible and in my opinion a terrorist attack as terror was inflicted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
There is a massive problem with labelling an attack as terrorism.
In the uSA the definition includes a political motive.
In Europe- each country is different, yet terrorism is considered an International problem and Countering violent extremism requires that all countries work and co-ordinate programmes together.
Yet, there does not exist a standard universal definition of terrorism.

In this case we have failed to find a political motive, but we are still searching.
If one is established then the crime will be labelled domestic terrorism.
If we do not a different category will be called.
The reason its so important to establish the why of it is to help prevent further mass murders.
If this guy is found to have been part of an organisation and his act was to fulfil a goal of the same organisation, then the entire organisation and its offshoots will be charged, blacklisted and placed under observation to prevent further attacks.
Its complicated but its also very important.

BBM

The purpose of my post was not to admonish but to ask you to think about making a diagnosis on a 'patient' you do not know and instead to focus on the facts we have only.

I am focusing on the facts that we have. And I did not definitively diagnose or state motive. I also provided links , that are evidenced based to enrich the conversation and processing of facts that we DO have . He is not my "Patient" and It is not possible to assess a dead person. It is possible to conceptualize and process released information and information provided by collateral contacts that were close to him. It is also appropriate to repeat that LE and their employed mental health professionals state they believe he had severe undiagnosed mental illness. A statement that is part of the facts released in this case in the past week.

Redirect from diagnosing him to finding his reasons or even possible reasons for his act.

Again, I am not diagnosing. And looking at the behavior that we do know about, the gambling, the reports from collaterals, and the statements of LE are part of "redirecting" and surmising reasons for his committing this act. Police have said that they have not found any one defining event in his life that would explain his motive. I believe that is true with all attackers/terrorists and I believe it with this one. It is never one single thing. It is generally a culmination.

Thats the only question, really and one to which we may never find an answer.

This is true. But dismissing mental illness as a possible factor is not helpful nor does doing so look at his personality and behavior holistically and realistically .

He took less than 50 Diazepam , possibly low potency, in 18 months.. thats not an addiction and that qty will not lead to either side effects or withdrawal or the more extreme psychopathology that can RARELY be associated with a mild anxiolytic.

I read that. Though, I am not sure that we can definitively state that this report of his intake is true. And bento / anxiolytic abuse is hardly rare. it is actually rampant. How many times have you heard, "just take a xanex". How many psych er's are filled with people who run out of the prescription and are in danger of dangerous withdrawal. This happens often due to it being a class 2 controlled substance with new regulations Istop) and prescribers have been over prescribing for a long time. I am not of the crowd that blames psychotropic medications. But people keep pointing at his prescriptions. He could have been prescribed by his Doc that he had on "retainer" (which is suspect in and of itself) and he could have been buying it off the street. We don't truly know at this point.

We simply cannot trust reports of any of the alleged statements of those around him..it is likely they are misquoted and altered to suit whatever media is trying to sell papers.

Collateral contacts are often the most informative in mental health. They may clumsily explain what they are seeing, but mental health professionals will hear way more than a lay person. I do not agree AT ALL that the statements of those close to him, his GF and his bizarre brother, his neighbors and others are to be dismissed. That would be a major mistake.

He may well be a psychopath, a paranoid schizophrenic or a manic depressive.

The current term for Psychopath equals Antisocial Personality Disorder. A cluster B personality disorder. Schizophrenia would cause obvious disorganized acutely psychotic behavior or negative symptoms that would not allow for that amount of precision and planning. And the current term for manic depressive is Bipolar Disorder. All very very different mental illnesses call for different protocols in treatment. (One is a personality disorder, one is schizophrenia spectrum , and the other is a mood disorder) A person can have paranoid delusions without having paranoid schizophrenia. As I have never met him, I am not diagnosing him. I have posted many articles and literature exploring Cluster B Personality Disorders and pathological gambling though...

IMO.

But what RECENT drugs were prescribed for him, apart from the Valium?
Was he indulging in cocaine, for example? Thats a drug that will bestow a God complex very quickly.
The possibility of his physical deterioration may be pathological or not. Its relevance in my post was whether or not it spurned him to commit an act of absolute outrageousness when he did.

I don't know what he was using. What he did was beyond outrageous. I do see impulse problems and compulsions. I do know the it lacked any and all empathy, humanity, or compassion. I do know that it was premeditated and methodically planned. I do know that he was homicidal and suicidal. I do know that he had a very serious gambling habit and an apparent lack of need or desire to interact socially with others. Whether this was inherent in his personality or part of his nearly constant gambling is unknown to me. .

The numbers? I am merely playing with theories as to the whys of it. Speculating. hoping maybe somebody will volunteer to help find relevance in the date or bring numerological skills to play..
Theres hundreds of anti gov groups within USA.. many are cult like.. was he a member of any or did he embrace any known ideologies at all?

Authorities at this point say no. Maybe in the end, it will be that he belonged to a fringe extremist group, or had fringey extremist views. For now, that is not in play.

I do appreciate your response, you write well.

As do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member