NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm disputing he was trading them on the night of the massacre..
Though I'm not sure what the thousand rounds of ammo and the 100lbs of explosives were doing in his car.. just sitting there..?
also the massive quantities discovered at 2 of his homes, as per warrant, which will not copy paste for me.
The car contents suggest he may have had an accomplice or was planning an escape.. but he never allegedly tried to escape, did he?

It is utterly bizarre.. I am wondering if the truth is something we have never even considered..

Well the warrants seem to indicate, to me at least, that Paddock was an arms dealer and therefore it is not surprising that he had stashes of weapons, ammunition and explosive materials. This is consistent with the officer on 60 minutes who said the hotel room looked like a gun store.

The records also did not say whether Danley knew in advance about Paddock's plans and why Paddock apparently emailed himself about buying and selling weapons and accessories.

---------------------------------------------------

Another document said Paddock apparently sent messages between separate email accounts with similar names referring to buying and selling assault-style rifles and so-called "bump stock" devices to make the guns more rapid-fire.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-knew-las-vegas-gunman-stephen-paddock-had-big-gun-n837471

I understood this to mean that he was emailing HIMSELF.
Did I understand that incorrectly? Have they identified people that he was emailing?
I won't have time to read the actual documents so I'm relying on the media's reports.
As we know the media isn't always very thorough or efficient at interpreting correctly. :facepalm:

The warrants seem to implicate MD and "others yet unkown".......

Oh boy, only halfway through and way more questions than before....

What I am talking about is MD was not with him the night of the shooting.

That's what I meant. Sorry. I know I can be as clear as mud sometimes.

Well the warrants seem to indicate, to me at least, that Paddock was an arms dealer and therefore it is not surprising that he had stashes of weapons, ammunition and explosive materials. This is consistent with the officer on 60 minutes who said the hotel room looked like a gun store.
To me it reads more like he was expecting to have assistants.
'Cos one dude cannot fire so many guns in a single attack..

If he was actually dealing, the question must be asked whether he was the actual perpetrator or merely a facilitator. Isis has not withdrawn it's claim but they have very many sources for weapons, members and funds within the USA.
He was set up in several locations for a mega shooting fest.. yet no apparent reason for it.

He concealed or deleted all of his digital storage. He used at least one prepaid cellphone, though three phones were found in his Mandalay Bay suite. And in the year leading up to the shooting, he collected an arsenal of weapons and ammunition, mostly purchased from internet retailers, along with glass cutters and “numerous” suitcases, according to the documents.
Source https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...gas-shooting-continues-to-puzzle-authorities/

Investigators said he used anonymous communications devices, including a prepaid cellphone, to cover his tracks and employed a “level of sophistication which is commonly found in mass casualty events.” Source https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/us/las-vegas-attack-gunman-paddock.html

The records also did not say whether Danley knew in advance about Paddock's plans and why Paddock apparently emailed himself about buying and selling weapons and accessories.

---------------------------------------------------

Another document said Paddock apparently sent messages between separate email accounts with similar names referring to buying and selling assault-style rifles and so-called "bump stock" devices to make the guns more rapid-fire.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-knew-las-vegas-gunman-stephen-paddock-had-big-gun-n837471

I understood this to mean that he was emailing HIMSELF.
Did I understand that incorrectly? Have they identified people that he was emailing?
I won't have time to read the actual documents so I'm relying on the media's reports.
As we know the media isn't always very thorough or efficient at interpreting correctly. :facepalm:

he was apparently.
The affidavit later adds that “investigators have been unable to figure out why Stephen Paddock would be exchanging messages related to weapons that were used in the attack between two of his email accounts,” and that it was possible that someone else was controlling one of the accounts. If that was the case, the investigator said, the F.B.I. needed to identify that person. Receiving a search warrant for that account “will lead investigators to determine the full scope of Stephen Paddock’s plan,” an F.B.I agent wrote to the judge.
(Source NYT)

he was apparently.
The affidavit later adds that “investigators have been unable to figure out why Stephen Paddock would be exchanging messages related to weapons that were used in the attack between two of his email accounts,” and that it was possible that someone else was controlling one of the accounts. If that was the case, the investigator said, the F.B.I. needed to identify that person. Receiving a search warrant for that account “will lead investigators to determine the full scope of Stephen Paddock’s plan,” an F.B.I agent wrote to the judge.
(Source NYT)

That is a method folks in organized crime use to hide their identity. Multiple people have access to the same accounts so that they can communicate without authorities knowing who is using the account even if a warrant is obtained.

That is a method folks in organized crime use to hide their identity. Multiple people have access to the same accounts so that they can communicate without authorities knowing who is using the account even if a warrant is obtained.
Reuters referred to that too
The Los Angeles Times reported that investigators are not sure why Paddock would send emails between accounts he controlled, or whether one was controlled by another person, which would mean, “investigators need to determine who was communicating with him about weapons that were used in the attack,” one of the warrants said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...months-before-rampage-documents-idUSKBN1F205F

Las Vegas Police Officer Aden Ocampo Gomez and FBI spokeswoman Sandra Breault said Friday that they had no update about Paddock's motive.
Both called it an ongoing investigation.
A Nevada judge will hear arguments on Tuesday about whether Las Vegas police search warrant documents should remain sealed.
Source http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/1...im-load-magazines-unsealed-documents-say.html

THIS!!! same source.. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/1...ok-account-soon-after-shooting-data-show.html

The girlfriend of Las Vegas gunman Stephen Paddock deleted her Facebook account less than an hour before police released Paddock’s name, according to reports.
and

The documents suggest Danley acted quickly after the shooting to conceal her relationship with Paddock, the New York Post reported.
strange
The documents show that Danley’s Facebook account was set to private at 12:30 a.m. Oct. 2 – about two-and-a-half hours after the rampage began – and was deleted at 2:46 a.m., less than an hour before authorities released Paddock’s name to the public at 3:30 a.m., the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-vegas-shooting-warrants-20180112-story.html

On Friday, U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey said she saw no reason to keep the warrants sealed, especially since lawyers with the federal government did not oppose the unsealing, with some minor redactions. However, 10 pages were kept under seal pending a hearing in state court Tuesday.
"Investigators have been unable to figure out why Stephen Paddock would be exchanging messages related to weapons that were utilized in the attack between two of his email accounts. Conversely, if the Target Account was not controlled by Stephen Paddock, investigators need to determine who was communicating with him about weapons that were used in the attack," according to a warrant.

Then there's the phone that could not be unlocked.. again again again (my words, not part of article)

We do not have the complete text to himself emails.. but I'm just playing around with the text we have, on the assumption, as Cool J and Reuters refer that there was possibly a third party.

So I am assuming the text contained some kind of a code....... (I dont really want to either instigate a headfk or become a victim of someone else's because it is likely a game.. Recall he managed to conceal entire bodies of electronic info and a phone remains unopened.. it seems a bit juvenile an exercise but maybe)

Paddock’s email account, centralpark1@live.com, identified by authorities as “Target Account 1,” sent a message to an account identified as centralpark4804@gmail.com, another email address linked to the shooter, stating: “try an ar before u buy we have huge selection located in the las vegas area.”

Later that same day, the first account received a message stating: “we have a wide variety of optics and ammunition to try.”
Another email sent to centralpark4804@gmail.com from Paddock on the same day stated: “for a thrill try out bumpfire ar’s with a 100 round magazine.”

Okay, I do think it's likely it is one of his headgames, but there were 100lbs explosives found in his car after the massacre..

Is there anything else in the short text that could be interpreted in light of attack?

Also should say that Isis and Al q use encrypted messaging systems so it is unlike their modus operandi at any level.
text above is from https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime...nd-deleted-facebook-after-las-vegas-shooting/

longer version of still incomplete affidavits here
https://www.scribd.com/document/369030587/Paddock-Affidavits#fullscreen&from_embed

i cannot figure why MD found it necessary to use so many aliases as listed on warrant/affidavits?
Nor can I figure why he had access to one of her email a/cs..

Yes, I hope to do it sometime tomorrow.

If I can embed the interviews in this thread I will. I'm new at this recording podcasts and interview so I'm not sure what can and cannot be done.

Tricia

Another option: You can always upload to YouTube and post a link! :)

Neither the LVMPD or the FBI have explained the locked door in Stephen Paddock’s suite

They haven’t said much of anything, the FBI that is. Less than 12 hours after the worst mass shooting in American history, the FBI did say that Stephen Paddock was not connected to any group.

Other than that, the Bureau hasn’t commented on anything else except telling us a few weeks ago that the psychics at the FBI are predicting that the FBI report on the massacre will be completed around October 1 of this year. You must love those psychics. Wish I had them by my side when I was conducting investigations, at least I would have known when my work was going to be completed and my investigative report was ready to be released.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, on the other hand, was the other side of the coin.

The two top cops running the department, Clark County Sheriff, Joe Lombardo and his second banana, Undersheriff Kevin McMahill had no problem running their mouths to the press. Often though, what they spewed out were lies, misleading, convoluted and contradictory statements.

Fear not, they would often justify their incompetence by saying that the information they were giving the public many times was unverified as if that was just fine. Well, it wasn’t. I would have rather heard them say no comment, it’s a pending criminal investigation, that would have been more professional.

Sheriff says he expects to deliver update on Las Vegas shooting soon

Updated January 13, 2018 - 3:57 pm

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Saturday that he expects to have a news conference “probably in a week” to discuss the state of the investigation into the Oct. 1 mass shooting on the Strip. However, he added that he does not expect the update to include a “keystone piece” on gunman Stephen Paddock’s motive.

“The frustrating thing for me as head of the law enforcement has been the ‘keyboard bandits,’ you know, the guys who sit on their couches at their home and Monday morning quarterback everything you do.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic