GUILTY NV - Deborah Flores-Narvaez, 31, Las Vegas, 12 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was traveling today...just read this news tonight. I have a very bad feeling that this is her. I feel so sad that another young woman has lost her life due to an abuser. The timing is terrible. Christmas will never be the same for the family and friends.

I was traveling today...just read this news tonight. I have a very bad feeling that this is her. I feel so sad that another young woman has lost her life due to an abuser. The timing is terrible. Christmas will never be the same for the family and friends.

I know it. :( I highly doubt the media would report that LE thinks it is her if it isn't. I've never seen them do that before - ever.

From the reports I am reading they are linking the finding of this body to the Debbie Flores story. Even LE are doing this so I get the feeling they believe it is her. Usually LE is quite reluctant to associate any body found to a crime story this quickly:waitasec:

That article is telling. It reads as though she chose men who were controlling. :(

This is just such a heartbreaker.

Thanks for that article Gypsy. It certainly provided some new info for me. First of all, she was not actually a cheerleader, she was an "Ambassador." Now it seems she "studied" law and business, but not how far she got in either, so where did the Master's degree info come from?
She has apparently had some difficulties in relationships with men - choosing abusers or those that DV shows up.
She also owes a lot of money to many people. That opens up many possibilities for foul play associated with Debbie's disappearance. Also possibilities that she needs to run away from and hide.
I pray that the latter is the case.

I really don't know what to make of this lady's personal relationships with men but I will say I have the names of 3 men and one woman who sought a protective order from her in the courts, three were granted. MSM

One thing for sure, it appears she came across the wrong one this time.

First of all, she was not actually a cheerleader, she was an "Ambassador." Now it seems she "studied" law and business, but not how far she got in either, so where did the Master's degree info come from?

Hi SusanB,
Earlier in this topic, I posted when I found one of Debbie's first networking website pages.
On that page she herself stated that she only had the one year of law before she went on to her business degree.
Here's what I wrote in my previous post about her degree:
~~~~~~~
"I went to Law School for a year but decided to pursue my MBA instead (for now). "

In some interviews and some talking heads have led me to believe that she graduated with a law degree.
This writing of hers on Model Mayhem has her saying she quit law school after a year.

ModelMayhem: http://www.modelmayhem.com/1212581
~~~~~~~~
I have been thinking that the rest of her 'accomplishments' came from the media getting the information direct from Debbie's other networking pages ie MySpace & FaceBook or maybe they got it from friends and family.
Those friends and family were probably relating the information as it was told to them by Debbie.

Finding out your daughter/sister/aunt is missing is already tragic but then having to hear all this other stuff that is coming out ie pregnancy/DV/Liens/Financial Trouble/ against her......Debbie's family is getting a double dose of tragic. My heart goes out to them.

Also, in searching around, I see that even though Debbie tried out and didn't make the cut for TV's 'So you think you can dance', her x-boyfriend did make the cut.
Maybe that's where they met.....try-outs?
http://www.buddytv.com/jamile-mcgee.aspx

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978829413

December 23, 2010 09:35 PM EST

A woman's burned body was found on national park service land on the Arizona side of Lake Mead. The Charred remains were found on a road just past Hoover Dam Bridge near Las Vegas. The cause of death has not been determined. Some may speculate the body is that of the missing Las Vegas showgirl Debbie Flores-Narvaez.

I believe I also heard on NG that she had a law degree. The media jumps the gun with info quite often and it's good to get it sorted out.

I didn't realize Debbie had all that drama in her life? It's sad all the way around. :(

I pray they are able to identify her today and not tomorrow for her sister's sake.

according to the map of the body location, if this body is her, Im curious to the crossing of the dam. wondering how any perp would have the nerve to try to bypass the security check at the dam with a dead body, to risky, unless she was killed afterward in the desert. Even then if she was taken against her will and still alive, that would be risky at security check as well. strange.

If the new tillman bridge was used then the perps vehicle will definately be on camera. also this would have to have been well thought out by the perp to know that the new bridge bypasses security completely, as it was mainly open for safety and to bypass onlookers of the damn to speed things up..... with the opening being so recent, one would have to be sure of immediate cut back of security..... jmo

Unfortunately, this looks grim for the family of Debbie. It seems she told her family one thing and lived another. Maybe she kind of "stretched " the truth. Prayers for her folks.
I've got to go to work soon, and I think the identity of the body should be revealed by the time I return, sadly for whomever it is, as someone will now have grieving friends/family.
Sleuthing can be intriguing yet sorrowful at times!:ohoh::ohoh:

According to the news articles out today from the posts here on WS that I have read.

She was not an official cheerleader, an ambassador as someone stated. If the would of been an official cheerleader we would of seen video and photo's from official NFL clippings. The media jumped on that HOWEVER where did that come from it could of only come from the family.

The issue of law degree. That is in question. There is no listing for her as being an attorney as in passing the bar exam.

It looks as if she "attended" college and left to go to las vegas.

THIS now explains why the sister was so defensive on DF. The family knew that had told little untruths about her. I see the big picture now of why SO defensive of her. The sister tried to control the conversation on VJM and NG. I think sister was trying to avoid any issue of her past and protective orders and past abusive relationship.
Being said, I still think that no matter what her past is/was that no matter what she is the victem. I guess the family thought if any skeletons came out that the focus on getting her out there in the news would deminish.

I really want to know if the searched the x-boyfriends home BEFORE or AFTER the body was found. If it was searched after then that really doesnt look good.

Police are looking into the other relationships that have gone sour. One was with another professional dancer, Jamile McGee.

In April, Flores-Narvaez won a $250,000 civil judgment against McGee, whom she accused of beating her, according to court records. Court records do not indicate that she has received any money from the judgment.

Flores-Narvaez filed a lawsuit against McGee in August 2009. According to court documents, Flores-Narvaez alleged she suffered scarring as a result of a June 2009 assault by McGee in which he kicked her stomach, dragged her from her car and held her "hostage in his apartment while continuing to beat (her)."

Damages were awarded to Flores-Narvaez because the scars cost her modeling jobs, leaving her with only a steady income of $40,000 per year from dancing part-time in a local show, according to court documents.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/lake-mead-visitors-find-body-near-kingman-wash-112402284.html

I may have missed it, but there's some info here I hadn't seen before.

I can see why the family was trying to protect what was being said. They believe Debbie is still alive and wants to keep her life in tact. She could have graduated with a law degree and not even taken the bar though. All of that is water under the bridge anyway because what matters is that some PERP probably killed her and she needs JUSTICE!

:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member