GUILTY NV - Deborah Flores-Narvaez, 31, Las Vegas, 12 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coroner in Las Vegas says a charred corpse found in the desert in northwest Arizona is not a Las Vegas Strip burlesque show dancer reported missing almost two weeks ago. Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said Friday that investigators haven't been able to identify the dead woman found near Lake Mead on the Arizona side of the Hoover Dam.

But he tells The Associated Press she's definitely not Deborah Flores-Narvaez.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/body-found-near-lake-mead-not-missing-vegas-dancer-112440404.html

:eek: I've never seen that happen before where they say they think it is someone and it isn't!

I'm relieved it's not Debbie. At least there's still some hope she's alive and well out there. However, for whoevers loved one that is..my heart, prayers, and thoughts go out to them. What terrible news to receive over the holidays. :(

I still don't think this story will have a happy outcome. The fact that she has been missing for 2 weeks, her family hasn't heard from her (and now it's Christmas Eve), not to mention the abusive history with JG, and the fact her car was found in a bad section of town all point to her not leaving of her own accord.

LAS VEGAS -- A body found on the Arizona side of Lake Mead was not that of missing "Fantasy" dancer Deborah Flores-Narvaez, Las Vegas Metro police said on Friday.

Although the body has been identified by Clark County and Mohave County coroner officials, the person's identity hasn't been made public.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/26270209/detail.html

Baffling but at least the person has been identified. Awaiting next of kin notification before releasing the name of the victim. Somehow I can't shake the feeling Debbie wants a new identity even though it runs against the odds and clues.

HHmmm yes, maybe she wants a new identity - and I can see why, with all her relationship problems, financial issues, and inaccurate professions regarding her achievements. I hope so.

The family I usually go to visit in Lake Havasu surprised us with a visit yesterday.
Instead of catching up on family, we spent several hours discussing this case.
OK, we did do a little catching up on family but we were having coffee when my son came in to announce that the body wasn't Debbie's.

I got chills....I was soooo happy. Then the happiness turned to sadness....very bittersweet.
There is a family out there, after receiving notification, whos Christmas Eve will never be the same for the rest of their lives.

Celeste, Debbie's sister, doing an interview shortly after learning the burned body found was Not her sister:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/dec/24/body-found-near-lake-mead-not-missing-luxor-dancer/

No matter how you celebrate, or even if you don't I'm Wishing you all a beautiful day..... a little reflection, peace in your hearts, and love to surround you.

Police are also looking into the other relationships that have gone sour, however. One was with another professional dancer, Jamile McGee. McGee was never prosecuted by law enforcement, according to court records.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/lake-mead-visitors-find-body-near-kingman-wash-112402284.html

Almost have to feel sorry for this guy.......a $250,000 civil judgment he was financially unable to fight according to his attorney; however no medical or police reports to support the allegations. It might look like he'd have a motive, but also according to the attorney he's no longer in Las Vegas. MOO

This is an interesting article..even if it's from RadarOnline..

snipped~
According to McGee's lawyer, Scott Holper, the two dated more than a year ago and McGee wanted out of the relationship.

Holper alleges Narvaez made up a story that she was pregnant with McGee’s baby and the beating she allegedly suffered from him resulted in a miscarriage.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...sing-vegas-showgirl-sued-former-flame-battery

*Assuming* that much of it is true, it's very telling imo...sad, sad story no matter what....

This is troubling that two exact scenarios apparently took place.

Have they announced the identity of the charred body found?

I've been following this story, and the more I read about this woman, the more my hinkey meter is going off, it's beginning to feel like a set-up.
A dancer gives up a lucrative law career and/ or a financial career, all for the love of dancing, but didn't use birth control? Sorry, no, that just doesn't make sense. Add to that her lawsuit against the first man after he broke off the relationship, and now the friend saying the current BF was cheating on her, it sounds like he too was trying to break it off, and a pregnancy involved in both relationships, at least one possibly faked, if not both. I'm sorry, but this is not normal.

Do we know the dancing job she landed really was her "dream job", or was that just something she told her family to explain why she gave up on a law career/ financial career to work on the Strip? I feel really sorry for the sister, who seems genuine and very caring, but I'm not so sure her sister is the victim she is being portrayed to be. Could she have met someone in Vegas who knew how to get her another identity?

I read somewhere that she was terminated from her job in the finance field before she came to Vegas......I can't remember how it was stated....but it had something to do with her accusing a co-worker of something.....does anyone remember that? Add that to the mix and it doesn't really sound as if she was as "together" as she is portrayed. Also the small but meaningful misrepresentations about being a cheerleader as opposed to an ambassador, getting a degree in jurisprudence vs. dropping out to pursue dancing......these are things easily verifiable on a resume'.......I don't know why anyone in thier right mind would take a chance on posting that or putting it on a resume' when it isn't true. I have mixed feelings about what is really going on. I don't feel as if she just ran off though, unless its to reappear and claim to have been abducted and held captive by one of her "stalkers"....... If she really did claim pregnancy to try and keep a boyfriend, or to claim she lost a baby because of DV to hurt a boyfriend, then she might do something equally drastic as claim a false imprisonment. Still.....I don't know. She seems to have made a few enemies along the way. I really don't think this Blu fellow did anything though. It could really be anyone. I am just not getting a bad vibe from Blu. I'm sorry, but with the history I've read on her, it certainly seemed as if she was goading this guy, trying to get a reaction. I've known a few male dancers....NOT strippers.....and by and large they aren't a violent type. MOO.......

It has been days and I am puzzled about this disappearance. Can't get a gut feeling about whether this is foul play or a girl leaving voluntarily.
Still I am leaning towards foul play. I have not heard if it has been determined whether there has been any activity noted on her bank account, or phone activity records to pinpoint her actions on that last day she was seen.

I had a weird feeling that this wasn't Debbie... I just can't quite accept that she was murdered. I also can't quite accept the boyfriend was involved if she did leave his house, then talk to her sister after that. If she had never been heard from again after going to his house, that'd be different...

So they HAVE identified the body... so it's not really worth it to try and figure out who it is. They said it fit Debbie's description and they knew it was a woman. So it's not someone who has been missing much longer than her. (Not Susan Powell.)

They never said the race, height, age, or anything... so though there are a few possibilities I wouldn't even know where to start without more information.

It's got to be someone who was officially reported missing or someone with a record of some kind, for them to have identified them already.

This is my first time posting here. Maybe it’s because this girl and I have a few things in common- I’m from the same area, I was a cheerleader who still may try out for pro cheerleading, and I’m applying to law- that I can’t stop thinking about this case.

I’m not saying that she did graduate, nor am I disputing that she may have been dishonest about certain details with her family. I just wanted to point out- her myspace page said she was an ambassador, not a cheerleader. Also, not passing the bar doesn’t mean that she didn’t graduate law school. Is there a way to look up graduates of a school?

I had a weird feeling that this wasn't Debbie... I just can't quite accept that she was murdered. I also can't quite accept the boyfriend was involved if she did leave his house, then talk to her sister after that. If she had never been heard from again after going to his house, that'd be different...

So they HAVE identified the body... so it's not really worth it to try and figure out who it is. They said it fit Debbie's description and they knew it was a woman. So it's not someone who has been missing much longer than her. (Not Susan Powell.)

They never said the race, height, age, or anything... so though there are a few possibilities I wouldn't even know where to start without more information.

It's got to be someone who was officially reported missing or someone with a record of some kind, for them to have identified them already.

BBM: Seriously? I care. I want to know this woman's ID and her family needs to know too.

I read somewhere that she was terminated from her job in the finance field before she came to Vegas......I can't remember how it was stated....but it had something to do with her accusing a co-worker of something.....does anyone remember that? Add that to the mix and it doesn't really sound as if she was as "together" as she is portrayed. Also the small but meaningful misrepresentations about being a cheerleader as opposed to an ambassador, getting a degree in jurisprudence vs. dropping out to pursue dancing......these are things easily verifiable on a resume'.......I don't know why anyone in thier right mind would take a chance on posting that or putting it on a resume' when it isn't true. I have mixed feelings about what is really going on. I don't feel as if she just ran off though, unless its to reappear and claim to have been abducted and held captive by one of her "stalkers"....... If she really did claim pregnancy to try and keep a boyfriend, or to claim she lost a baby because of DV to hurt a boyfriend, then she might do something equally drastic as claim a false imprisonment. Still.....I don't know. She seems to have made a few enemies along the way. I really don't think this Blu fellow did anything though. It could really be anyone. I am just not getting a bad vibe from Blu. I'm sorry, but with the history I've read on her, it certainly seemed as if she was goading this guy, trying to get a reaction. I've known a few male dancers....NOT strippers.....and by and large they aren't a violent type. MOO.......

I'd really like to know if her claims to her degrees can be verified. Something is not right here. A degree in international business, and then law "studies". Left the east coast 2 years ago to become a dancer. No offense, but not much of a career chance there. She was in her late 20's and beyond much in that profession...beside what she was doing. She may have hooked up with someone with promises and saw stars, imo. Someone a little more savvy than her. Her having a knowledge of law, and maybe an aggressive personalty...I could see that goading and trying to use it for her own "gains".

I'm still on the fence whether she may have been murdered or is just missing...to avoid her financial troubles.

I know it's Vegas, but many girls in this age bracket are now missing or found dead lately. Debbie, the girl at Lake Mead (burned) and I found a case on a girl, Michele Carson, from West Covina, CA, found SW of Vegas in a burned car; Dec 7th. She had a degree in Criminal Justice, no one will say why she was there....hardly anything at all on the case. Like it's taboo or something to talk about and not much reporting at all. Odd.

Ransom, I think she just meant that they will likely release the ID of the woman as soon as relatives have been notified- so we will probably know who she is soon and we don't have much information to go on, so we don't really need to sleuth her ID... I don't think she meant that her identity isn't important....
JMO

This is such a horrible time for anyone to lose a loved-one... I feel a tremendous heaviness in my heart for these families...

Welcome to WS 24K.

According to her professional profile here is what she herself listed so there was no mention of law in her background at the point this information was made public:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/debbieflores

Attachments

• DF-Part1.png
    DF-Part1.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DF-Part2.png
    DF-Part2.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DF-Part3.png
    DF-Part3.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DF-Part4.png