GUILTY NV - Deborah Flores-Narvaez, 31, Las Vegas, 12 Dec 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks MsF for all that info! I remember many of those cases, and it seems with this case that is a real possibility. Debbie apparently had some emotional problems, money problems, and general issues with her accomplishments and life. Yes, it does happen!

Ms. Facetious,

Wow....thank you for all that information!!!

I have been searching around and only found four.....your list is much better :)

So the average time a lot of them are gone is about 4 days?

In Debbie's case, there has been no ransom as far as we know.....LE hasn't released any information about a ransom.

I tell ya, I'm really on the fence now about this whole thing.

I know the family has FaceBook and other things that are keeping Debbie's name out in front but LE hasn't said anything since the burned body was found to not be Debbie.
If she is missing due to DV, I would think LE would be asking for the publics' help in keeping our eyes open for anything suspicious or asking people to search their memories for anything they might remember re;; the day Debbie went missing.

Here are the problems I see if Debbie disappeared herself. (disappeared?)
IF....IF she did this to herself, what can she possibly gain?
How would she be able to reappear without having some family, some friends and future employers not look at her like some nut case.

Personally I don't think the missing license plate has anything to do with her case.
I'm thinking someone or group of someones saw the car sitting there several days in a row and decided they 'needed' the license plate for other reasons....another car.
Supposidly the license plate was there the first day the car was noticed and then it disappeared a day or two later. That's what makes me think the missing license plate is not related to Debbie.

A friend of mine does a lot of photo shoots.....car magazine type.
She has at least 5 train cases makeup bags, a few even larger, two rolling makeup bags and then a couple small ones that fit in her shoulder strap handbag. All of her bags are full! The latest, the best, expensive stuff.

For Debbie to leave ONE makeup bag in the back seat of her car....I'm sure she woudn't miss it.

Supposidly Debbie called her sister from the driveway of X-boyfriends home while she sat in her car after visiting with X.
Has MSM released any information about that phone call...what the sisters spoke about?

I am really on the fence.....I need a shove, one way or the other.

Possibly for attention? Get back at Ex coz he dumped her? Sympathy? She appeared to have issues with a few folks (PFA's) and owed several places lots of money.
Has LE traced cell phone and bank card activity?

There has been many other cases where the people disappeared like this and did not return. To be found weeks or months later, living a new life in another state. Much like Beth Smith in my list above. They are among some of the ones I didn't take the time to pull up names and cases on. But there has been several in the 25-35 age range, females who took off and then eventually were found alive. Many of them did NOT contact their family or return to their old life after they were discovered.

The cases I cited are all the ones that have been totally resolved.

These cases where LE has confirmed the person is alive, but they haven't actually returned to the location of their disappearance... are not on my list.

And has it been reported that all travel/ passenger lists have been checked ie airports, cruise lines, trains.

In her home/apt. was her passport found?
How hard would it be to get back to where she was born without a passport?

Were her bank accounts checked for a large withdrawal around the time she went missing?

Would her cell phone show one particular call she made over and over again...maybe to someone in another state. Someone she trusted, where she could have made arrangements to hang out for awhile unnoticed?

Got some bad news Christmas night. I'm wide awake keeping myself busy.
I'm just rambling to nobody in particular...thinking out loud about this case.
Sorry. :)

Thanks for the research Ms. Facetious. I had no idea the list would be so long....so this (disappearing yourself) is much more common than I ever expected. Hmmmm......

Oh Blondie, my list only ended there because I ran out of time.

Another way of finding them is to go through our own forums and look for the "Found Safe" or "Found Alive" headings on women's cases. Then go to the last page and see what the circumstances were and research them. (If they aren't already on my list that is.)

Just imagine the ones that do NOT make the news. I have no way of finding out about those. If this many make the news, imagine how many do not.

It is absolutely very common...

You know what, I just remembered several more right now... there is another recent one that I cannot remember the name of. Was thought to be abducted by her abusive husband but they had just left together? I know it was on JVM at one point with her brother... she would make 25 women that I can come up with just that I have some vague memory of.

That isn't even including my OWN family members. lol You could add 5 more to the list there. :innocent:

Emily Grace - August 2010 - Gone for 1 month. Disappeared, checked into a hotel, withdrew large sums of money, belongings found on a golf course. Found a month later safe and had just left to get away.

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/2010/09/missing_hoboken_mother_found_s.html

Candiace Terry - August 2010 - Was missing for about a month before being found safely. Then went missing again. To my knowledge, she hasn't returned.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113260&highlight=candiace

Robin Parrot - September 2010 - A professional photographer from New Mexico who was pregnant at the time she went missing. She was gone for a week before turning up safe in Montana. There was never any indication it was an abduction and never any follow up done.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_fbd996fc-c810-11df-b956-001cc4c03286.html

Candice Porter-
October 2010 - Actually a family member of one of OUR members. She is just a very unique, talented young lady. She was missing for about 3 weeks before she called and let everyone know she was okay.

Found Safe CA - Candice Porter, 23, Roseville, 10 Oct 2010 - Items found in Chico - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Melanie Chang Quinton - October 2010 - Had gone missing for 2-3 days several times but never longer than that. This time she was gone 10 days. Had a history of mental illness.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/belmont/news/x1111394304/Missing-Belmont-woman-returns-home

Ruth "Tuesday" Hovemeyer - November 2010 - She simply went out of town for more than a week and didn't tell anyone. However there were some things that concerned some people, while others just thought she ran away.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/101121-rutherford-localmustudentfound.html

Porsche Shatawn Cantrall
- November 2010 - Was missing for 2 weeks before being found, having apparently left on her own as well.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120680&highlight=photography

Unclear if this one left voluntarily but it looks that way:

Gwen Wright - October 2010 - A nurse with diabetes who disappeared when she stopped to get a movie. Was missing for over week, police came out and said she left on her own... before she turned up and claimed she had been abducted. Her stories changed, didn't appear to match the evidence, police did not appear to believe her and never appeared to look for a suspect. She hadn't filed an official report ten days after she was found. There has been no follow up since shortly after she was released from the hospital.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2010/10/26/missing-nurse-told-cops-she-had-been-abducted/

Okay, must go to bed now... really. :seeya:

And has it been reported that all travel/ passenger lists have been checked ie airports, cruise lines, trains.

In her home/apt. was her passport found?
How hard would it be to get back to where she was born without a passport?

Were her bank accounts checked for a large withdrawal around the time she went missing?

Would her cell phone show one particular call she made over and over again...maybe to someone in another state. Someone she trusted, where she could have made arrangements to hang out for awhile unnoticed?

Got some bad news Christmas night. I'm wide awake keeping myself busy.
I'm just rambling to nobody in particular...thinking out loud about this case.
Sorry. :)
News reports said she was born in Puerto Rico so I'm not sure the passport issue would be relevant, however, LE also said her purse had been found. Honestly I am more inclined to think she met with foul play, either by someone she knew or an obsessed fan. MOO

Thank You Panthera for your thoughts on this.

From the beginning I didn't want to think of the horrible....just kept looking for ways and reasons she would make herself disappear.

Now that you mentioned the purse......
I wish all MSM would get together to make sure their stories are at least a little bit similar....is that too much to ask? Grrrr
The reports I read, and I believe her sister said it in one of the television interviews, that her makeup bag was found but not her purse.
Sister said the purse being found was incorrect reporting.

If her purse was also in the back seat, this changes things in my mind.

OK, now I'm going to go back and do some reading.....see if I can find anything about the purse...was it there, wasn't it there.

Talk to y'all laters.

Am

A passport is not required for any American citizen to enter or depart Puerto Rico. Good question, though, about any of her recent bank account transactions...

Thank You Panthera for your thoughts on this.

From the beginning I didn't want to think of the horrible....just kept looking for ways and reasons she would make herself disappear.

Now that you mentioned the purse......
I wish all MSM would get together to make sure their stories are at least a little bit similar....is that too much to ask? Grrrr
The reports I read, and I believe her sister said it in one of the television interviews, that her makeup bag was found but not her purse.
Sister said the purse being found was incorrect reporting.

If her purse was also in the back seat, this changes things in my mind.

OK, now I'm going to go back and do some reading.....see if I can find anything about the purse...was it there, wasn't it there.

Talk to y'all laters.

Am

The report regarding her purse was from this article, but who knows.....

"A woman who lives near where the car was abandoned told FOX5 she reported the car to police because a stolen car had been recently left there.

"Hopefully this will help them find her," the woman said. "Hopefully somebody left something behind to help find her. (The police) also said they had found her purse."

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/26176407/detail.html

The report regarding her purse was from this article, but who knows.....

"A woman who lives near where the car was abandoned told FOX5 she reported the car to police because a stolen car had been recently left there.

"Hopefully this will help them find her," the woman said. "Hopefully somebody left something behind to help find her. (The police) also said they had found her purse."

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/26176407/detail.html

Unfortunately I think once again it is just bad reporting. And a makeup bag can resemble a purse.

Her sister said that her makeup bag was found. Iirc she said Debbie's cell phone and purse wasn't in the car.

IMO

I thought her purse was found as well, which is why I was so sure of foul play, as no woman goes anywhere without her purse, willingly. But if her phone and purse are missing too, that is more of a "hmmm." I am curious about recent bank activity. No one goes missing without access to funds, on purpose.

I still tend to think she has been harmed. She has a ton of baggage, apparently, and any number of people who might have meant her harm, certainly more than your average person would have. Of course that could also be a reason to flee.

Unfortunately I think once again it is just bad reporting. And a makeup bag can resemble a purse.

Her sister said that her makeup bag was found. Iirc she said Debbie's cell phone and purse wasn't in the car.

IMO

Not only resemble a purse, but nine males out of ten couldn't tell the difference.

Searching for the Missing People of Las Vegas
Submitted by LasVegasNOW on Wednesday, December 15th, 4:44 pm

Snips from a very interesting article on Las Vegas missing, websleuths is mentioned.

LAS VEGAS -- One year ago, Steven Koecher pulled his car into a Sun City Anthem neighborhood and walked away. He has not been seen or heard from since.

For investigators, tracking missing adults is a challenge. It is not against the law to walk away from your home – to disappear and start a new life. Unless there is evidence of foul play, cases that are not quickly resolved go cold – shelved until a new development pops up.

"This case would be treated entirely differently if we had any evidence of foul play or a child was involved or an endangered person. At this point in time, we have an adult male declared missing, but we have no evidence of foul play," said Paul.

If Henderson detectives find Koecher and he does not want officers to notify his family, they won't. They will honor that request and remove him from the National Criminal Information Computer, also known as NCIC, as a missing person, just as they would with any other adult who walked away and wants to stay away. Case closed.

An excellent read

http://henderson.8newsnow.com/content/searching-missing-people-las-vegas

I thought her purse was found as well, which is why I was so sure of foul play, as no woman goes anywhere without her purse, willingly. But if her phone and purse are missing too, that is more of a "hmmm." I am curious about recent bank activity. No one goes missing without access to funds, on purpose.

I still tend to think she has been harmed. She has a ton of baggage, apparently, and any number of people who might have meant her harm, certainly more than your average person would have. Of course that could also be a reason to flee.

I can't see someone like Debbie leaving her makeup bag either. This is why my makeup bag is IN my purse!

Maybe she has a sugar-daddy who is taking care of her financially? I can see that possibility with a beautiful woman like Debbie.

But I can't see her letting her family worry about her - particularly over the holidays.

Do we know anything at all about cell phone or bank records?
Also, has there any information about the dead woman found that was thought to be Debbie?

Do we know anything at all about cell phone or bank records?
Also, has there any information about the dead woman found that was thought to be Debbie?

Not a single thing other than the dead woman HAS been identified but her identity hasn't been released. Other than she is NOT Debbie. They are conducting a homicide investigation into the body that was found.

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/articles/2010/12/26/news/local/doc4d16dfd20d032482228433.txt

Though I am still seeing articles which say they haven't identified her... I believe they have. Because I have seen that far more consistently after a certain point on Christmas day.

However, this does shed some light on who the body could be... no tattoos. And apparently it WAS burned.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/death-takes-no-holiday-at-coroner-s-office-112494429.html

Felicia Borla begins her Christmas morning by donning plastic gloves and examining the charred remains of a young woman on a table.

Borla, 33, a coroner's investigator, crouches beneath cold fluorescent lights and looks for tattoos, scars or other identifying marks on the burnt corpse, found Thursday in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.

The Clark County coroner's office determined it wasn't the body of missing burlesque dancer Deborah Flores-Narvaez. The next step is to identify who the slain woman is.

Borla could find no distinguishing marks. She shakes her head in disappointment, knowing that makes the mystery harder to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkbuchanan1983