NV NV - Elko Co, WhtFem 17-25, UP8358, posed in cross position, scars, Jul'72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently Eaton even kidnapped an entire family at gunpoint.

"(Eaton's DNA profile was placed in the CODIS database in 1997 after he was arrested on a separate charge: He had stopped to offer assistance to the Breeden family, whose car had broken down, but then he kidnapped the family at gunpoint.[SUP][2][/SUP] After his arrest for this kidnapping, Eaton escaped, but was later recaptured in Shoshone National Forest. At that time he possessed a weapon, elevating his crime to the federal level. He was then incarcerated in federal prison, where he was obliged to submit a DNA sample.)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil'_Miss_murder

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/Eaton, Dale Wayne.pdf

In 1970 it seems Eaton tried to become a "productive member of society" and began attending church. (cross connection to body found in 1972 and body found in 1993?)

Around 1971 He nearly chokes a friends daughter to death b/c of pork not prepared properly. It seems he starts to crack around this time. He begins to have major marriage issues in 1972 up until 1979.

also from the site (around the time Shaftner Jane Doe was found):

Patricia Candace Walsh and Scott Zykowski (married) were both found dead. Scott
was found near El Paso, TX and Patricia was found in rural county Utah. She was
sexually tortured and left in desert conditions with arms posed in the form of a cross.
The sun had destroyed her and left her partially mummified.

1989-1992

The Dons also noted that Dale worked at Gas Hills, Jeff City, and Denver.

Dale buys a Ford truck in Riverton, WY and installed a phone in Evanston, WY in
January 1994. Then buys food, gas, groceries, and auto parts in February 1994. In
spring of 1994 dale is heading West. Summer of 1994 spent traveling North stopping
in Worland and Thermopolis, WY.

1994-1995

During the winter went to Idaho Falls, ID and Denver, CO.

So Dale has connections to Elko... per the timeline at Radford link in previous post:

"01/03/1989
Dale and Billy go to Salt Lake City, Utah. Billy later said they were in Clearfield, Utah
for a few weeks then to Elko, Nevada. Billy stayed and went to school while Dale got
a job and started dating a few women at this time. "

Thinking of WesternArtist's info they gave us about Elko being a big brothel town. Dale dated women there. Where did he typically meet the women? Might give us a clue to the areas he stalked his previous victims. brothels? Seems he didn't only kill working girls, but all American girls. hm...

Did Billy really have no idea of what his friend was up to?

Patricia Candace Walsh and Scott Zykowski (married) were both found dead. Scott
was found near El Paso, TX and Patricia was found in rural county Utah. She was
sexually tortured and left in desert conditions with arms posed in the form of a cross.
The sun had destroyed her and left her partially mummified.

Patricia Walsh and her husband's murders have been solved. Robert Ben Rhoades was linked to them via DNA and pled guilty to avoid the death penalty.

I considered that Rhoades could be responsible for the 1972 & 1993 Elko girls, but I ruled him out for several reasons. First, he didn't begin killing until 1975. Second, he had already been apprehended by the time the 1993 Doe was killed. And third, Rhoades was an extreme sexual sadist whose victims (including Patricia) showed signs of having been sexually tortured. The Elko girls were nude, but there were no signs of having been raped, much less tortured. That we know of. So, IMO, the Elko victims are unrelated to Patricia's case.

Dale Wayne Eaton's been brought up as a suspect for practically every murder of a female in the Great Basin area, but I think there's a reasonable possibility he's responsible for one or both of the Elko girls.

Patricia Walsh and her husband's murders have been solved. Robert Ben Rhoades was linked to them via DNA and pled guilty to avoid the death penalty.

I considered that Rhoades could be responsible for the 1972 & 1993 Elko girls, but I ruled him out for several reasons. First, he didn't begin killing until 1975. Second, he had already been apprehended by the time the 1993 Doe was killed. And third, Rhoades was an extreme sexual sadist whose victims (including Patricia) showed signs of having been sexually tortured. The Elko girls were nude, but there were no signs of having been raped, much less tortured. That we know of. So, IMO, the Elko victims are unrelated to Patricia's case.

Dale Wayne Eaton's been brought up as a suspect for practically every murder of a female in the Great Basin area, but I think there's a reasonable possibility he's responsible for one or both of the Elko girls.

OMG I was looking up Rhoades initially in regard to these murders just bc I had a hunch, but Eaton ended up taking more of my attention. So wait, Rhoades also posed female victims in cross positions sometimes per how Patricia's remains were posed? So I wasn't far off in thinking of him. Thank you for that info.

I'll never forget that haunting picture Rhoades took of one of his victims before murdering her in a shack. The look on her face was so disturbing and just sad... :(

Yes I am not sure Eaton is prolific as some think, but I do have a hunch he has something to do with these Elko Jane Does.

OMG I was looking up Rhoades initially in regard to these murders just bc I had a hunch, but Eaton ended up taking more of my attention. So wait, Rhoades also posed female victims in cross positions sometimes per how Patricia's remains were posed? So I wasn't far off in thinking of him. Thank you for that info.

I'll never forget that haunting picture Rhoades took of one of his victims before murdering her in a shack. The look on her face was so disturbing and just sad... :(

Yes I am not sure Eaton is prolific as some think, but I do have a hunch he has something to do with these Elko Jane Does.
I agree I doubt Eaton has killed a lot of the victims people think he has, but I strongly believe he is connected to this doe and the other Elko doe

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

So how should we proceed with this? IMO it will be very hard to solve this woman's identity without any kind of reconstruction. Is that something you can provide funding for to get the police departments to do?

So how should we proceed with this? IMO it will be very hard to solve this woman's identity without any kind of reconstruction. Is that something you can provide funding for to get the police departments to do?

I am thinking about contacting the lead coroner investigator over at Elko County to see if they have a post mortem picture or sketch of the victim on file still (it's a longshot, but maybe?) and if they would be willing to share it with Namus as well as us. At least Namus!

Maybe Migmuu can use the wayback machine again!

Now, I don't think this is the guy because he was arrested in 1985 which would rule him out for the '93 Elko Jane Doe but since Royal Russell Long was an active SK in some nearby states in the same timeframe perhaps there could be some overlap between UID's and MP's between these cases in our searches. He was a carnival worker/long haul trucker with victims and possible victims stretching from South Dakota, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?321949-WY-OK-Royal-Russell-Long-1970s-and-1980s

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brown_carlene.html

PS I'm also happy to try calling Elko County if perhaps having a 208 number would help?

There's not a lot of info available on this one...you would think it would have gotten more news coverage. I wonder why they think a VW seen in the area in July was involved. It says the poor woman had been dead for a few months, so probably April or May. Maybe the body was moved to that area shortly before they found it?

Not really related, but every time I read about a VW Beetle I immediately think of Ted Bundy. There have been quite a few murderers who drove one...it must have been the preferred car of killers!

Agreed on VW's around this era of True Crime defo make me think "Hmmm Bundy?" He did travel through those States and supposedly left bodies there. You never know. I don't think it was him, but then again I don't know everything so take that with a grain of sand! :)

It is strange there is not more information on her. We found one source, but it costs too much $$.

There's not a lot of info available on this one...you would think it would have gotten more news coverage. I wonder why they think a VW seen in the area in July was involved. It says the poor woman had been dead for a few months, so probably April or May. Maybe the body was moved to that area shortly before they found it?

Not really related, but every time I read about a VW Beetle I immediately think of Ted Bundy. There have been quite a few murderers who drove one...it must have been the preferred car of killers!

Now, I don't think this is the guy because he was arrested in 1985 which would rule him out for the '93 Elko Jane Doe but since Royal Russell Long was an active SK in some nearby states in the same timeframe perhaps there could be some overlap between UID's and MP's between these cases in our searches. He was a carnival worker/long haul trucker with victims and possible victims stretching from South Dakota, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?321949-WY-OK-Royal-Russell-Long-1970s-and-1980s

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brown_carlene.html

PS I'm also happy to try calling Elko County if perhaps having a 208 number would help?

I would really appreciate that WesternArtist. I do believe it would help. You are fairly local. You are so important to helping in this case. Will you help me/us? I really want this Jane Doe identified and the other Elko County victims throughout the years.

You rock WesternArtist! Love You!

I would really appreciate that WesternArtist. I do believe it would help. You are fairly local. You are so important to helping in this case. Will you help me/us? I really want this Jane Doe identified and the other Elko County victims throughout the years.

You rock WesternArtist! Love You!

Yes, I can do that (probably next week though). I believe on another thread the daughter of an original detective for a related victim was posting. We could reach out to her too (although it doesn't appear she's been active lately) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-may-be-from-WY-Nov-93/page3&highlight=-Elko

I'm thinking Helen Frost might be the best match of those but all are very good potential matches. The reason Frost seems the strongest IMO is the description of the UID's body hair makes me think she was a natural blonde and she was a frequent hitchhiker. Prince George, BC appears to be isolated yet on a major highway intersection. I'm sure border security was pretty light in '72 compared to today!

Helen defo looks promising. Her being Canadian doesn't help, but I do think she matches the description of this doe pretty well (considering all of the other matches were just OK imo).

I'm thinking Helen Frost might be the best match of those but all are very good potential matches. The reason Frost seems the strongest IMO is the description of the UID's body hair makes me think she was a natural blonde and she was a frequent hitchhiker. Prince George, BC appears to be isolated yet on a major highway intersection. I'm sure border security was pretty light in '72 compared to today!

Here's a little more info on Frost's story (I clipped out the parts that we already know from DoeNetwork):

[h=1]Search continues for woman missing 45 years[/h]
Nielsen, Mark. Prince George Citizen; Prince George, B.C. [Prince George, B.C]13 Oct 2015:
A.1.

It was 45 years ago today that Helen Claire Frost walked out the door of her Prince George apartment, but her family and the RCMP have not yet given up...
Frost was last seen wearing a threequarter length navy blue coat with a furry-trimmed hood and blue slacks and is described as five-feet-five inches tall, with a slim build, short brown hair and a fair complexion.
A left eye that opens less wide than her right eye is among her distinguishing features and was known to use the aliases Debbie Soles and Lana Lunn.
Barnet has said her sister was going through a difficult time. Then only 17 years old, Frost had given up a baby for adoption that she had with a boyfriend, who had left her.
Barnet has also described herself and her sister as being free spirits. About two years before when they were still living in Nanaimo with their parents, they ran away to Vancouver, not because of any trouble at home but for the sake of adventure, "not wanting to be tied down."
From there, Frost moved with a friend from high school to Prince George and Barnet followed shortly after. Prior to her disappearance, Frost had been working in the cafeteria of The Hudson's Bay Company which was then located downtown while Barnet worked in the cafe at the Greyhound bus station.
Barnet has also stressed Frost was not involved in drugs, barely drank alcohol, and was not mixed up in crime. She has described Frost as friendly and outgoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Prince George RCMP at 250-561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online at pgcrimestoppers.bc.ca or Text-A-Tip to 274637 using keyword "pgtips."

Westchester county new York Jane doe in 1988 mount Vernon new York. Was also posed in a cross like manner. Not sure if it would help ,just wanted to add to this post since the posed body was the same.

Here is the link to Shaftner Jane Doe's thread, found in 1993 and posed in a similar position to this Jane Doe. Likely, IMHO, murdered by the same person 21 years apart.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...from-WY-Nov-93&highlight=jane+doe+nevada+1993

Besides Shaftner Jane Doe years later, in the early 1970's there are three UIDs that were found in Elko County that share the same basic description: white, late teens to early twenties, and had some variety of "reddish" (ranges from strawberry blonde to auburn) hair. Starr Valley Jane Doe was the first. The second was Devil's Gate Jane Doe https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11310 found on 2 October 1972. She was likely a murder victim but her specific cause of death could never be determined. The third was Thousand Springs Jane Doe https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/8359, who was found strangled and set on fire in 1974. Even with the different causes of death I think there's a possibility that the cases could all be connected in some way with the similarities between the victims. Threads for Devil's Gate Jane Doe:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?212107-NV-Elko-Co-WhtFem-UP11310-15-18-near-Devil-s-Gate-Oct-72 and Thousand Springs Jane Doe:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325117-NV-Elko-Co-WhtFem-UP8359-16-25-burned-in-desert-off-Hwy-93-no-adrenals-Jul-74.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back