GUILTY NV - Jason Rimer, 4, disabled, dies in hot car, Las Vegas, 8 June 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rimers Plead Not Guilty

LAS VEGAS -- A man and a woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and other charges in the death of their 4-year-old son, who authorities said was forgotten in a sun-baked vehicle outside their Las Vegas home.

A court spokeswoman said trial was scheduled for Sept. 8 in Clark County District Court for 51-year-old Stanley Rimer and 40-year-old Colleen Rimer.

The Rimers were arrested June 25 and indicted last week on one charge each of second-degree murder and six counts each of child abuse or neglect.

Stanley Rimer is jailed on $250,000 bail. Colleen Rimer is free on bail

Ineresting that she is free on bail but he's still in jail.

Why is she out? This is the same situation in the Idaho case about Kyra Wine. Why are these nasty women getting out of jail?

Salem

It was said she was out on bail, but in this VIDEO she's cuffed to the chair :confused:

Check out her eyes, looks like she's drugged.

Stan and Colleen Rimer plead not guilty to charges relating to the death of their son
in a hot car and alleged neglect and abuse of their other children.

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) - Stan and Colleen Rimer, on trial for the death of their four-year-old son, have been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

The Rimers also face abuse and neglect charges. They are accused of physically abusing five of their eight children.

http://www.ktnv.com/story/14137312/rimers-found

It was said she was out on bail, but in this VIDEO she's cuffed to the chair :confused:

Check out her eyes, looks like she's drugged.

Stan and Colleen Rimer plead not guilty to charges relating to the death of their son
in a hot car and alleged neglect and abuse of their other children.

dang what are those people being fed in jail?

I am so NOT happy about the involuntary manslaughter verdict. Aside from the fact that these people forced their children to live in disgustingly filthy conditions while physically abusing and otherwise neglecting them, there is NO EXCUSE TO FORGET ONE OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN IN A HOT CAR - EVER! It absolutely stuns me to think any parent, no matter how pathetic, could live 17 hours without realizing their youngest child is not in the house.

There may be some justice within the possible sentences on the table, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

WHY do people like this have children and then keep having them? Why, why, why????

And....adding to my ire over this case - CPS dropped the ball, YET AGAIN.

My heart just aches for the surviving kids.

I hope they both spend the max in jail/prison!!!

My apologies but I don't blame CPS for this. This is completely the parents fault. Placing blame anywhere else is wrong. People need to be held accountable for their actions and placing blame elsewhere is why so many people are able to blame their childhood, PMS, their neighbors, their kids, or CPS or their behavior!

<vent off>

My apologies but I don't blame CPS for this. This is completely the parents fault. Placing blame anywhere else is wrong. People need to be held accountable for their actions and placing blame elsewhere is why so many people are able to blame their childhood, PMS, their neighbors, their kids, or CPS or their behavior!

<vent off>

CPS exists for the protection of children. They had many opportunities to do that with the children of this family yet, as so often happens, they failed:

http://www.mynews3.com/story.php?id=38654&n=5037

The prosecutor says the family was well known to Child Protective Services for years before Jason died.

Fairy1 said:
CPS exists for the protection of children. They had many opportunities to do that with the children of this family yet, as so often happens, they failed:

http://www.mynews3.com/story.php?id=38654&n=5037

The prosecutor says the family was well known to Child Protective Services for years before Jason died.

I'm not going to argue about this - I believe in people taking responsiblity and not expecting others to "fix" things. If the "parents" were "parents" CPS would never have been called. IMO, this is the "parents" reponsiblity, not CPS.

The parents are most definately at fault. However CPS was put in place to protect children.. they did not do that in this case.

The family had a history, therefore they should have been being watched.

CPS DOES fail.. look at the story of Victor and Nubia.....

I have a lingering question......A 4 year old is certainly old enough to get out of a car and carseat/booster seat by himself (mine typically did when they weren't supposed to!). Why would he have stayed in the car? I'm not blaming the victim at all. My heart goes out to him, but I don't understand. If he was left alone at 2:30 after church (maybe fell asleep in the car), he certainly would have woken up and wanted to get out and go find his parents or siblings.

I have a lingering question......A 4 year old is certainly old enough to get out of a car and carseat/booster seat by himself (mine typically did when they weren't supposed to!). Why would he have stayed in the car? I'm not blaming the victim at all. My heart goes out to him, but I don't understand. If he was left alone at 2:30 after church (maybe fell asleep in the car), he certainly would have woken up and wanted to get out and go find his parents or siblings.

Sorry, I just read all of the posts and saw the poor kid was disabled. Disgusting. I'm glad they will spend the rest of their lives (hopefully) in prison.

Justice for Jason...What a disgusting set of people!

I'm not going to argue about this - I believe in people taking responsiblity and not expecting others to "fix" things. If the "parents" were "parents" CPS would never have been called. IMO, this is the "parents" reponsiblity, not CPS.

There is nothing to argue.

There are layers of protection for children in our society. In this case, the parents sucked and while they are 100% responsible for their horrific actions, they were NOT fit parents.

Good people who came into contact with these children did the right thing by contacting authorities. While they were not legally bound to do so, they chose to help those children through the proper means.

CPS, after who knows how many calls and subsequent contacts with this family, made the decision to leave these children in squalid, abusive, neglectful conditions until one of those children lost his life. Their responsibility was to protect those children and remove them from harm's way. They FAILED in that responsibility.

I have no expectation of CPS "fixing" bad parents. I do expect them to protect the children of bad parents, which is their JOB.

There are no excuses for any of the adults involved here but there sure is he!! enough blame to go around.

A district judge in Las Vegas Thursday revoked bail for a man convicted of involuntary manslaughter and child abuse and neglect charges after he was found with a stash of jewelry as he was booked into jail.

Stanley Rimer and his wife, Colleen, were convicted Tuesday after a two-week trial for the death of their disabled son, Jason, 4, who was left in a hot SUV for 17 hours in 2008. They also were convicted of child abuse and neglect for physically abusing five of their eight children and letting them live in squalor.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/judge-revokes-bail-for-stanley-rimer-in-child-death-case-117341533.html

These folks just get better and better as time goes by. :sick:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax