NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Vanessa_Murphy

Now to defense.

Maryann Ismael, wife of Robert Telles takes stand.

Married almost 14 years.

“Every marriage has its ups and downs but it’s been a good marriage…”

Family pic shown on monitors.

Telles appears to be emotional as his wife speaks & describes their family, recalls family memories, etc..

“Robert is/was/he is an amazing father…”

Says he still tries to stay involved with the kids and share experiences with them even from jail.

“I would love for my children to not lose that at least not for the rest of their lives…I would love at some point to give my children the chance to have their father back.”

Telles appears to wipe tears.

Not sure why the defense is asking each of their witnesses about Telles' work ethic unless it's a ploy to get him moved to a prison with some form of eventual work release ? He is a lawyer so he certainly can assist other inmates with their appeals after he settles in.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Penalty phase continues.

Judge reads instructions to jury.

Defense attorney Robert Draskovich speaks to jury:

In this case, we have two devastated families.

Mother of Telles is in here sitting in the front row crying.

Draskovich asks jury to not give a sentence of life in prison without possibility of parole.

Explains sentence won’t change what happened.

On monitors: “Retribution vs Redemption”

Draskovich talks about forgiveness & mercy. Asks how sentence will affect family & children.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Points out this is a heavy burden (for the jury).

Says Telles isn’t going to speak to the jury during this penalty phase.

Says Telles has no criminal history & is 48 years old.

Says locking him up & throwing away the key doesn’t do society any good.

@Vanessa_Murphy

This is what I hate about defense atty’s

Boo hoo hoo for the murderer

@Vanessa_Murphy

Says Telles poses possible danger since he claims so many people wronged him.

Hamner: He let his ego, pride get in the way and it manifested itself in the worst possible way…

Jury leaves courtroom to decide his penalty at 3:14pm.

Telles leaves courtroom and mother says again, “I love you, son.”

Sickening. RT is a criminal & murdered an innocent man. He definitely deserves the highest possible punishment. I'm sick of this CJS that coddles criminals.

What about JG's family? This victim & his family are being forgotten here.

If this perp. does get a lesser sentence, hopefully he'll be taken care of in prison so he never gets out.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Actually locking him up and throwing away the key might do society good. Telles basically murdered Jeff over vanity. I don't think he's going to change at his core and who will he decide to take down should he get out?

Imo.

@Vanessa_Murphy

Says Telles poses possible danger since he claims so many people wronged him.

Hamner: He let his ego, pride get in the way and it manifested itself in the worst possible way…

Jury leaves courtroom to decide his penalty at 3:14pm.

Telles leaves courtroom and mother says again, “I love you, son.”

I feel for his family. I do.

But Jeff's family can't tell him that they love him because he was brutally murdered almost 2 years ago.

So many lives destroyed and disrupted because of Telles' ego.

MOO.

I'm sure his current wife loves him, but to say he's a good husband after a multi-occasion affair in the backseat of his co-workers car in a parking garage ? And were there other infidelities ?

Would love to see LWOP, but my guess is life with possibility of parole after 20 served.

I have 0 sympathy for RT's family. They supporting a narcissistic, murdering criminal. They should condemn him, not try to get a lesser sentence for him.

I'm sure his current wife loves him, but to say he's a good husband after a multi-occasion affair in the backseat of his co-workers car in a parking garage ? And were there other infidelities ?

Would love to see LWOP, but my guess is life with possibility of parole after 20 served.
Agree with your post. Also, dont understand why his wife is so supportive... I suspect he will receive a ton of fan mail while incarcerated and I suspect he will enjoy every one of the letters and acquire a few "girlfriends"/"fangirls" feeding his ego even more. moo

Hoping for LWOP.

- this is only an opinion. No fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995