NV-Lawyer fatally shoots former daughter-in-law, fellow attorney in Las Vegas law firm

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What was the shooter, Joseph Houston, thinking ?

I'm not a lawyer, but I had a question for anyone here who knows, or has legal experience --- Was it a conflict of interest for the deceased man to be representing his wife, and for JH to be representing the wife's ex husband ?
Should different lawyers have been appointed ?

Regardless, rest in eternal peace to the two victims.
Terrible for their young children and the new baby of Dennis and Ashley P.
Omo.

He killed two people, deprived his grandchildren of a mother and, as I suspect, thoroughly messed up the career and the life of his son who, as it seems, is already struggling. Even financially, it is a loss for everyone, including his grandchildren.

There is a lot of intensity in the participants of this drama if we consider that a marriage, two kids, a divorce, another marriage, yet one more kid, and on the other side, drinking and cocaine, all happened in the span of seven years. It seems that everyone involved was/is an intense person. This being said…Ashley was right; she had the reason to be concerned about the safety of her kids, and…both she and her new husband are dead now.

It seems that a lot of hatred and very little thinking went into the outcome. Poor children, I hope that there are enough people around them to raise them well.

Last edited:
Moo...with respect, Ashley has a new baby n new lawyer hubby. If they got sole custody...this is probably more to do $, as in ex makes good money, so high maintenance payments. Lot of lawyers involved not a pretty situation. Just power plays, more what's best for the adults financially, than well being of children....moo
I have to disagree here. Her ex husband sounds unstable, and his own father was homicidal. I’d say it sounds quite justified to want to protect their child from that, not simply as a “power play.”

It seems that whenever a woman says that their ex is dangerous and they need protection, people wave it off until there’s a tragedy, and then it’s all “well, he wouldn’t have become violent if you hadn’t tried to warn us he was violent!”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark
Back