Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A construction superintendent makes really good money here in California and I’ve heard that they make even better money in Nevada where many projects are union ones. The superintendents I work with here in California make anywhere from $100,000 to $200,000 per year depending on the type of build. Then there are bonuses and incentives for keeping the project running on time or even ahead of schedule. Construction pays very well. All IMO of course.

I guess pay is different there than what I'm from.

• Suspect Troy Driver has been arrested by the Lyon County Sheriff's Office
The Lyon's County Sheriff's Office has announced the arrest of a suspect involved with the abduction of Naomi Irion, 18, of Fernley, Nev. The suspect has been identified as Troy Driver, 41-years-old, of Fallon, Nev. He is being held on kidnapping charges. A pickup truck possibly involved in the case has been impounded.

Her vehicle was found three days later at the industrial park in Fernley, which law enforcement said had evidence inside that suggested there were criminal aspects involved in her disappearance.

Since that time, deputies were able to track her cell phone to areas near State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road in the days following her disappearance. There has been no more activity from her phone and her phone has not been found.

If anyone has any information regarding Irion and her disappearance, please call the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office at 775-463-6620 and reference case 22LY01068.
Fallon man arrested in connection with disappearance of Fernley woman

View attachment 337784
A public information officer did not answer Insider’s call for comment told by Naomi’s brother to Insider about two noticeable incidents leading up to her missing that Naomi had been sexually harassed at her job and went on a date with a man the night before she is missing. The family doesn’t believe that either person is involved in Naomi’s missing. About the Little suspect, bit is known so far. As in the surveillance footage, he is covered full body head to toe, making it hard to distinguish his face.
Who is Naomi Irion Missing? From a Walmart parking lot, an 18-year woman Naomi Irion, mission nearly 2 weeks ago.

Officials had said video surveillance showed a person from a nearby homeless camp lurking near vehicles around the same time of Irion’s disappearance.

The man is then seen getting into Naomi’s car and leaving. Naomi was in the passenger seat at the time, officials said. Officials on Friday did not say if Driver was that man.
Suspect taken into custody in case of missing Nevada 18-year-old Naomi Irion

When reached via text late Friday, Naomi's brother, Casey Valley, said: "What's going through my mind right now is that there's a potential suspect ... and it seems like it might be one more step toward finding Naomi. I'm very optimistic."

He added that his family is "definitely excited" and "very curious."

Valley added that he working as if the community search Saturday morning will continue as planned. However, he plans to "say something and have it figured out by 8 p.m."
Naomi Irion abduction: Suspect identified as Fallon resident

I know they have to be, but man.. very optimistic and exited to find her? :-(
He’s in jail and it’s been 12 day with no contact and no phone. We know this usually turn out

Last edited:
  1. While living in Fernley, Lyon County, Nevada with her brother Casey Valley, she works at Panasonic Energy of North America in the Reno, Nevada area.
  2. She is Herve Irion and Diana Irion‘s daughter.
  3. When Diana was pregnant with her in Houston, Texas, USA, there was no amniotic fluid for weeks before she was born.
  4. She is Tamara Cartwright‘s sister.
  5. She has a septum piercing and a smile face tattoo on her right ankle. She is 5’11 tall and her registered weight is 240lbs.
  6. She is 14 years younger than Valley.
  7. On March 11, 2022, she went out on a date.
  8. Just before 5:30 a.m. on March 12, 2022, she was inside her 1992 Mercury Sable at the parking lot of a Walmart in Fernley, waiting for the shuttle to take her to work, when she was abducted allegedly by Troy Driver, then 41, of Fallon, Churchill County, Nevada, who was driving a Chevy High Country pickup truck.
  9. She was 18 years old when she went missing on March 12, 2022. At the time of her disappearance, she had an iPhone and a dark-colored purse and was wearing a blue Panasonic shirt, a gray cardigan sweater, gray pants and knock-off Ugg boots.
  10. On March 14, 2022, Valley reported her missing.
  11. On March 15, 2022, her 1992 Mercury Sable was found abandoned next to the Sherman Williams Western Emulsion Plant, which is less than a mile from the Walmart parking lot in Fernley where she was abducted on March 12, 2022.
  12. On March 22, 2022, family, friends and complete strangers gathered at Out of Town Park in Fernley in support of her with a candlelight vigil.
  13. She was still missing when Driver was arrested on March 25, 2022 for her kidnapping.
Naomi Irion biography: 13 things about Fernley, Nevada woman

I know they have to be, but man.. very optimistic and exited to find her? :-(
He’s in jail and it’s been 12 day with no contact and no phone. We know this usually turn out

Agreed. To find the suspect and for her to not be with him is not a good sign. Gosh, this is so heartbreaking.

I’m not very optimistic about him talking to police with his previous history. I hope he slipped up in a way that can lead authorities to her.

Everything in this post is MOO.

I've been thinking a lot about circumstances leading up to this crime. Here are my thoughts on scenarios with a new one at the bottom now that we know the criminal history of the arrested suspect.
  • Random / stranger: Suspect had urge to commit heinous crime and was prowling by sight for victim. Could have been hunting in multiple places for days, weeks. Picked Naomi at random.
  • Targeted 1 /stranger: Suspect encountered Naomi in person somewhere (could be Walmart lot) previously and became fixated on her. Stalked her and attacked her specifically. He would have still been a stranger to Naomi.
  • Targeted 2/ stranger: Suspect encountered Naomi online and became fixated. He stalked her online and learned enough to find her in person. He would have still been a stranger to her.
  • Previous interaction - casual in person: Suspect and Naomi have met in person. Either through a mutual acquaintance or randomly (at a store, for example). He became fixated and started stalking her. She might have recognized him at the car.
  • Previous interaction - casual online: Suspect and Naomi have met online. He became fixated and started stalking her.
  • Previous interaction - intimate: Suspect and Naomi dated in some fashion. Possibly meeting online and then meeting in person. Possibly Naomi rebuffed him (due to age, personality, catfishing) and that rejection triggered him.
  • Historic Trigger: Naomi is close to the age of the girl at the center of the crime from suspect's past. Suspect did approx 12 years of prison for helping the girl. Perhaps he's built up a lot of rage over the years. Or the opposite, he had a taste of murder at 17 and has wanted to do it again. Something about Naomi triggered him to thinking about the original girl. Suspect recreates the original crime but with him as the center and Naomi as the victim. Some similarities between the two crimes could include lying in wait, moving the victim, hiding the victim, living a somewhat normal life for two weeks after crime.
MOO

Now that his face is out there, it will be interesting to see if people come forward that have seen him trolling parking lots, been followed by him, or harassed by him.

I spend a lot of time sitting in my car while my kids (teenagers) are at their sports practices. There isn’t always room for parents inside the venue. This case is going to stick with me. She is only 2 years older than my oldest, still a child in many ways. I’m praying for a miracle, but regardless Naomi will not be forgotten. My heart hurts for her family.

If still alive, where could he have her tucked away? Hopefully LE is searching known basements, cabins, associated to his family.
I feel the clock ticking. Hopefully he will crack if she is still alive and needs release.

A long shot and against the odds, but still holding on to that shred of hope.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallon man arrested in connection with disappearance of Fernley woman | South Lake Tahoe - SouthTahoeNow.com

Since that time, deputies were able to track her cell phone to areas near State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road in the days following her disappearance. There has been no more activity from her phone and her phone has not been found.

When I look at google earth there appears to be some sort of mining there?
Olinghouse Mine. It's a gold and silver mine on Olinghouse Road. That road starts near Wadsworth, in the general area where the ping was noted. This is not a Ledcor operation, so he would not likely be working on it, although he might certainly know about it. The search plane I saw earlier this week working a grid did in that area did several circles out of the grid pattern over the east and south side.

There may be home surveillance cameras in his neighborhood that show his comings and goings and at what time and on what days. Many people have Ring cameras or similar nowadays. I don't know that it would help find Naomi but could evidence that he left early that morning or at least wasn't home at the time of her kidnapping if there is video footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95