Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing that we know of in Nevada, but I'm sure there's either something there, or he got away with it.

He does have a major felony conviction in California for a murder committed in 1997. He was sentenced to 15 years for accessory after the fact, and was supposed to serve a majority of that sentence 11-12 years or so.

I'm sure we'll know more in the coming days.
I'm still looking, but found him at link below as Plaintiff (as a minor).
https://live-jcc-mendocino.pantheon.../files/mendocino/default/documents/SUS99D.pdf

Got it, here it is Mendocino Superior Court Case Information Portal

Crazy that he was likely caught because he parked his victims car near his very distinctive truck and drove away in broad daylight. Seems he’s either a clueless rookie or an overconfident brazen serial killer.

That he may have been involved in a cold blooded execution style murder 25 years ago and then the way he boldly kidnapped her right in front of witnesses suggests the latter. Moo
Gives me the impression of the overconfident, brazen serial killer. He's too old for this to be his first kill (if he has killed Naomi)

Anything since 1997?

How does this guy afford a $70k truck

IF his linked in is accurate, he was in lead positions (saw some comments on FB as well) so I imagine he actually made decent money. Mining jobs pay fairly decent from what I've heard. I know a woman who bought a $80k truck and I'm sure she doesn't make that much--completely different job.

I just have the feeling he's done this "kind" of thing before.
He's got a criminal history for sure.
Thinking he's familiar with larger trucks/equipment than the one he was arrested with.
They haven't found her yet and yes they are searching first thing tomorrow starting at the Love's Truck Stop...
  • The west parking lot behind Loves truck stop at 10:00 a.m. on March 26.
He does not look like the type of man a lovely young lady like her would want anything at all to do with.

8f0e10dd-7883-40de-923f-0399bb690e85-troydrivekidnappingcase.png

Update: Fallon man arrested in missing Fernley woman’s case
Frankly, he gives me the creeps. Not because I wouldn't speak to him if he passed me on the street, instead because he looks relatively "normal".
These kidnappers and stealers of lives often go unnoticed among the general public. That's how they operate.
Being involved in the type of employment he has, let's just say "if" he has priors, many times it's an unfortunate truth that heavy equipment and other such firms will hire these people.
I just can't,
Chi

Chi! Good to see you here with us, dear. Sorry the circumstances are painfully upsetting though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I saw a strong resemblance to Charles Manson's eyes straight away.

TD was a Sup with an international construction co. Mind blown over the access he had at his disposal.

I'm still hoping he'll let authorities know where Naomi is located. I pray the best FBI interrogators are tag teaming with him for four to forty hours, whatever it takes for him to talk.

Chi! Good to see you here with us, dear. Sorry the circumstances are painfully upsetting though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I saw a strong resemblance to Charles Manson's eyes straight away.

TD was a Sup with an international construction co. Mind blown over the access he had at his disposal.

I'm still hoping he'll let authorities know where Naomi is located. I pray the best FBI interrogators are tag teaming with him for four to forty hours, whatever it takes for him to talk.

RBBM

You and I both!

JMVHO.

IF his linked in is accurate, he was in lead positions (saw some comments on FB as well) so I imagine he actually made decent money. Mining jobs pay fairly decent from what I've heard. I know a woman who bought a $80k truck and I'm sure she doesn't make that much--completely different job.

RBBM

True, from what I've heard as well.

Plus, the potential for overtime work.

JMVHO.

• Suspect Troy Driver has been arrested by the Lyon County Sheriff's Office
The Lyon's County Sheriff's Office has announced the arrest of a suspect involved with the abduction of Naomi Irion, 18, of Fernley, Nev. The suspect has been identified as Troy Driver, 41-years-old, of Fallon, Nev. He is being held on kidnapping charges. A pickup truck possibly involved in the case has been impounded.

Her vehicle was found three days later at the industrial park in Fernley, which law enforcement said had evidence inside that suggested there were criminal aspects involved in her disappearance.

Since that time, deputies were able to track her cell phone to areas near State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road in the days following her disappearance. There has been no more activity from her phone and her phone has not been found.

If anyone has any information regarding Irion and her disappearance, please call the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office at 775-463-6620 and reference case 22LY01068.
Fallon man arrested in connection with disappearance of Fernley woman

upload_2022-3-26_3-22-20.jpeg
A public information officer did not answer Insider’s call for comment told by Naomi’s brother to Insider about two noticeable incidents leading up to her missing that Naomi had been sexually harassed at her job and went on a date with a man the night before she is missing. The family doesn’t believe that either person is involved in Naomi’s missing. About the Little suspect, bit is known so far. As in the surveillance footage, he is covered full body head to toe, making it hard to distinguish his face.
Who is Naomi Irion Missing? From a Walmart parking lot, an 18-year woman Naomi Irion, mission nearly 2 weeks ago.

Officials had said video surveillance showed a person from a nearby homeless camp lurking near vehicles around the same time of Irion’s disappearance.

The man is then seen getting into Naomi’s car and leaving. Naomi was in the passenger seat at the time, officials said. Officials on Friday did not say if Driver was that man.
Suspect taken into custody in case of missing Nevada 18-year-old Naomi Irion

When reached via text late Friday, Naomi's brother, Casey Valley, said: "What's going through my mind right now is that there's a potential suspect ... and it seems like it might be one more step toward finding Naomi. I'm very optimistic."

He added that his family is "definitely excited" and "very curious."

Valley added that he working as if the community search Saturday morning will continue as planned. However, he plans to "say something and have it figured out by 8 p.m."
Naomi Irion abduction: Suspect identified as Fallon resident

Last edited:
I just have the feeling he's done this "kind" of thing before.
He's got a criminal history for sure.
Thinking he's familiar with larger trucks/equipment than the one he was arrested with.
They haven't found her yet and yes they are searching first thing tomorrow starting at the Love's Truck Stop...
  • The west parking lot behind Loves truck stop at 10:00 a.m. on March 26.
He does not look like the type of man a lovely young lady like her would want anything at all to do with.

8f0e10dd-7883-40de-923f-0399bb690e85-troydrivekidnappingcase.png

Update: Fallon man arrested in missing Fernley woman’s case
Frankly, he gives me the creeps. Not because I wouldn't speak to him if he passed me on the street, instead because he looks relatively "normal".
These kidnappers and stealers of lives often go unnoticed among the general public. That's how they operate.
Being involved in the type of employment he has, let's just say "if" he has priors, many times it's an unfortunate truth that heavy equipment and other such firms will hire these people.
I just can't,
Chi
*I’m pleased to see your post. So glad you’re still around to offer your amazing interactive help with the Trucker’s Project. Spot on insight…

"I'm hoping that we turn up someone that knows something that will lead to us finding her," said Naomi Irion's mother, Diana Irion.

The Lyon County Sheriff's Office announced one person and a pickup truck believed to be involved in her disappearance were in custody.

They did not say whether it's the same person and truck seen in surveillance images near the Walmart where Naomi Irion was last seen, but her family is confident they are one step closer to bringing the 18-year-old home.

It feels like we're on a knife's edge. We're going to get the news soon about what really happened to my sister," said Tamara Cartwright, Naomi's older sister.

Cartwright lives in Houston, but she's in Nevada joining family members, authorities, and the Lyon County community as they try to figure out whether Naomi Irion was abducted by the man seen driving her car out of the Walmart parking lot.

"Why? Why would you do something so terrible? Why would you cause so much pain for this family?" asked Cartwright.
Exclusive interview with missing Nevada teen's family

If he went to prison for being an accessory to murder in 1997, when did he get out? Google finds his name (as a victim) in a 2004 legal document about a prison attack (People v. Clasby | California Court of Appeal | 02-25-2004 | www.anylaw.com).

From his truck I assumed that he was likely not too young and perhaps not a loner, so I'm not surprised he had a family life. Even with children involved, we don't know for how long he has been with the current partner though.

What are the chances that, considering his employer, the truck was his work vehicle and that he has another one that he used after the abduction? I wonder if anyone who knows him reported him.

Anything since 1997?

How does this guy afford a $70k truck
A construction superintendent makes really good money here in California and I’ve heard that they make even better money in Nevada where many projects are union ones. The superintendents I work with here in California make anywhere from $100,000 to $200,000 per year depending on the type of build. Then there are bonuses and incentives for keeping the project running on time or even ahead of schedule. Construction pays very well. All IMO of course.

Now that pics and FB have been locked down, I’m curious to know whether there is any similarity between Girlfriend and Naomi.
I'm really curious if he knew maybe the brother of Naomi or his girlfriend, maybe work or community related
It doesn't look like a totally random abduction.

But after the Jamy Closes case, where her abductor one day saw her get off her school bus and decided that he was going to abduct her and pretend she was his girlfriend, I guess any scenario is possible.
Maybe he too one day saw Naomi get on or off the shuttle while he just happened to be in that parking lot and decided to stalk her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog