Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two questions.
Does anyone find it odd LE has not had a press conference since Driver's arrest? And does anyone think k there is a link with the mystery video car and occupants being identified and interviewed? Do you think they are connected to the perp at all? Or timing of them coming forward and the arrest was just coincidence.
Yes, I think it is a bit unusual. I think the arrest on kidnapping is unusual, too. Is this a kidnapping for ransom and the FBI/LE determined it was best to not publicize it?

I wonder if naive Naomi unwittingly chatted about her father working for the State Dept., and the wrong sorts overheard her then came up with a dumb ransom scheme. While this does sound like zebra hooves, didn't the brother say it might be a group responsible for the disappearance?

I know this is not really relevant as he is in custody, but do we know if there is any issue with his leg that gives hi, the unusual gait that was in the surveillance footage ? I am curious if it is something he put on or if it is genuine…

I know this is not really relevant as he is in custody, but do we know if there is any issue with his leg that gives hi, the unusual gait that was in the surveillance footage ? I am curious if it is something he put on or if it is genuine…
Some people who predicted they were in construction said they walk like that as they walk across planks (for lack of a better word) and small walk throughs, so it's a safety thing so they don't fall into a giant ditch I imagine.

I have two questions.
Does anyone find it odd LE has not had a press conference since Driver's arrest? And does anyone think k there is a link with the mystery video car and occupants being identified and interviewed? Do you think they are connected to the perp at all? Or timing of them coming forward and the arrest was just coincidence.
Thing is, they didn't come forward. In the press release LE thanked the public for their help in locating the owner and car.

I want to thank everyone on this thread! I had major back surgery Friday afternoon. Imagine my shock when I seen there had been an arrest. I had to look a few times to make sure it wasn't the meds. Hopefully now we can find Naomi
So sorry to hear that. I hope everything went well and you have a quick recovery.

I was really hoping with Driver's arrest we would have another situation like with Mollie Tibbits, where they find the guy and he leads them to the body. I'm so concerned now that if he was gonna crack he would have by now. Unless he's trying for the best deal possible before he tells them where her body is. This guy's eyes just seem soulless to me and I worry he isn't gonna talk

I don’t think he scoped out her work shuttle, but the Walmart parking lot instead. Walmarts along the interstate are a quick easy spot to catch a few zzzzs when traveling and are often thought of as safer than a truck stop. Easy targets for any predator…

edit:also what’s the weird bulge under the grey hoodie, up by his shoulder blades in the Walmart pics?

Last edited:
In Texas there are all kinds of creative financing deals. Cars/trucks are in abundance after the flu shutdown. It's basically can you afford a monthly payment. If you lease payments are less, if you have a trade in payments can be less and many companies have their own financing for employees. If you calculate payments on $65,000.00 the payments are less than $1000.00 dollars a month. Most people don't consider total cost, just monthly payment. And it maybe a company truck or if his own he may be paid an allowance each month by his employer. I don't think affording that truck is an issue. I don't know salary range in Nevada, but in Texas most of the energy producers pay very well. Or at least used to.
It depends on where you live in Texas.
Dealerships in south/gulf coast have very limited stock- new and used. Used trucks with mileage under 100,000 - difficult to find.
But stock is usually less in these areas due to the annual flooding from rain events and hurricanes.
JMO

Hey folks!

New to posting here but not new to WebSleuths as an avid reader. I’ve been really taken with this case, thought I’d add a few little details in. I don’t know how many of you saw Diana Irion’s Facebook live yesterday, but she revealed two bits of information that nobody really seems to be talking about as yet.

1) She said that the reason TD was caught was because one of his neighbours saw the suspected truck sitting in his garage and called LE upon seeing it.

2) She also said that so far TD is not talking at all, but at that time didn’t know if he’d lawyered up or not.

I thought these points were interesting, particularly #1 as people were wondering how he was caught so soon after the witnesses in that car were identified. It appears to be unrelated to that.

I don’t believe I can link her actual video but it’s the latest one on her page here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

In Texas there are all kinds of creative financing deals. Cars/trucks are in abundance after the flu shutdown. It's basically can you afford a monthly payment. If you lease payments are less, if you have a trade in payments can be less and many companies have their own financing for employees. If you calculate payments on $65,000.00 the payments are less than $1000.00 dollars a month. Most people don't consider total cost, just monthly payment. And it maybe a company truck or if his own he may be paid an allowance each month by his employer. I don't think affording that truck is an issue. I don't know salary range in Nevada, but in Texas most of the energy producers pay very well. Or at least used to.
Yes. I was just in the Bay Area for a few days and while there I saw a TV ad for those loaded pickups (GMC in this case) and the ad was promoting "0% interest".

Assuming the other makes are also offering zero-interest purchases, this dude could (speculating) have just bought the truck just for this crime, planning to walk away (or return it?) before the first payment.

(oops just realized I was conflating zero-interest with zero-down. ah well will leave this post in case it gives anyone good ideas)

"Detectives also added that her cell phone was still on and active after the vehicle drove off. They were able to map it to the location where her vehicle was found, before it went stagnant for approximately 10 minutes. No further cellphone activity was recorded after that."

This quote from part of an article I read this morning doesn't sound great.

Suspect in custody, pickup truck located after Nevada teen kidnapped in own car, police say
If he drove her car directly to where it was found, then she must have been put in his truck, or in some second vehicle, since she wasn't found at her car. Maybe she was transported in the bed of the truck where it might be easier to avoid leaving DNA, hair, etc.

Or, if the truck really is brand new to TD, he might have had other vehicles available to him, and he might have used an old beater car to transport her while being publicly seen in the new truck as a sort of alibi?

MOO Just thinking out loud here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members