Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prison- hardened. LE will have its hands full trying to get anything out of him.

He won't intimidate easily or bargain a plea deal like a first-time criminal
In the previous case from California, it took LE 2 weeks to get the information on where to find the body, and it wasn't Driver that told them where the body was.

In the previous case from California, it took LE 2 weeks to get the information on where to find the body, and it wasn't Driver that told them where the body was.
Ah yes, you're correct

In the 1997 murder case he was involed with ( and went to prison for as an accessory) he did not reveal where the body he had helped dispose of was.

If Naomi is found, it won't be with this monster's help, because that would require him to admit involvement, and that's not gonna happen. He has been in and out of trouble since he was 12 years old. He knows how the criminal justice system works, and probably has a lawyer on speed-dial. And as someone else suggested, when his DNA hits the system, we may find that he has not exactly kept his nose clean for the past 11 years or so since he was released from prison. I would almost bet on it. JMO

Last edited:
MOO: that blue truck hadn't seen the light of day since the day he drove home from kidnapping Naomi. He's been driving that work truck around and keeping his head low. Kudos to the neighbor for catching a glimpse of it in his garage!
I'm still shaking my head over the fact a neighbor knew enough to call LE about the truck. But someone else much closer did not.

Once the truck description hit the media that truck was parked and not driven. I wonder if eventually they would have caught up to him anyway because they were checking DMV records. Bet he was shaking in his boots waiting for the hammer to fall.

This guy isn't going to talk, ever. I imagine he asked for an attorney from the minute they booked him.

@riolove77 - good to see you here. Could you expound on this a bit? Specifically, could the crimes he was convicted of in California be introduced in the sentencing phase if he was convicted in Nevada? I guess it really wouldn't matter if he got LWOP for murder, just curious.

Oh the crimes themselves can absolutely be introduced in sentencing. I thought someone was asking if a strike in California would count as one in another state, and it can if the other states elements for that crime are at least the same; for example, if kidnapping in California is made up of four elements, and in Nevada it’s made up of three of those four, then the elements in Nevada are by default satisfied since in California, all four had to have been in order to get a conviction.

Do you think there is much chance he will be released on bail? Because, if he was to be released, I feel really worried for the ‘neighbor’ who is reported as having seen his truck in the garage and called that fact in to LE. Seems careless of someone letting this piece of information get made known to the public.

Do you think there is much chance he will be released on bail? Because, if he was to be released, I feel really worried for the ‘neighbor’ who is reported as having seen his truck in the garage and called that fact in to LE. Seems careless of someone letting this piece of information get made known to the public.

It would be interesting to know how many people live on his road. If it’s a fair few neighbours he wouldn’t know who called it in anyway. But I don’t believe he will be bailed.

It would be interesting to know how many people live on his road. If it’s a fair few neighbours he wouldn’t know who called it in anyway. But I don’t believe he will be bailed.
And we don’t really know that it was a neighbor many people have reported blue trucks could have also been the girlfriend ? Hope and pray he does not get bail

Anyone familiar with these cases? I'm fairly local and none of these names ring a bell :(

Other missing girls from this area:

Katlyn Searcy Jan 2020 (aged 15)
Annabelle Guerroro March 2017 (aged 16)
Angelina Ferguson June 2019 (aged 17)

Lyon sheriff seeks help finding missing Fernley teen (kolotv.com)
15-year-old missing in Fernley (fernleyreporter.com)

277367860_5227527283944258_5429347833687599678_n.jpg

276321753_5227525553944431_3924467563256449_n.jpg

Authorities looking for missing Nevada teen possibly in Fresno area - ABC30 Fresno

Fernley Teenager Missing | KKOH-AM

So glad a neighbor noticed the truck in the garage and called it in! I figured something like that would have to happen to catch him, as I doubt that truck was being driven around once the BOLO went out.

So her phone was traced to where her car was found immediately after he abducted her, was stagnant for ten minutes and then got switched off. I wonder if he drove her to that area where it would be nice and isolated (as opposed to a Walmart parking lot) to, I'm sorry to say, rape/sexually assault her and incapacitate her. From there, he could have taken her in her own vehicle somewhere to dump her body. Again, sorry to say things so graphically. Her car could have then been driven back and and left where it was found days later and he took off in his truck.

The police have never given details on how they knew or felt this truck was tied to her disappearance and I think we have all been assuming he returned to the area for the first time late in the afternoon because of the sun and shadows in that surveillance footage. But that may not necessarily be the case.

What if he drove by her car multiple times after he dumped it to see if it was still there? We know that many times, criminal return to the scene of the crime. He could have been done with Naomi early the morning of the 12th, and maybe what made them think this truck was suspicious and tied to the disappearance is that they saw it on footage drive by her car/this area multiple times in the days following her disappearance. They may have just released ONE photo of it because the light and sun was such that it gave us the best picture of it. Perhaps the other times he drove by, it was darker out. Just thinking out loud here.

Other articles contradict the claim of the stationary ping and state that the last ping was in an area 10 minutes away (area of State Route 427 and Hill Ranch Road) from the point of abduction. It appears that he drove her car straight to that area, turned off her phone, continued in an unknown direction and returned alone at an unknown time (but likely the same day) to where the car was found a couple of days later.

Authorities Still Hope to Find Missing Nevada Teen Naomi Irion Alive

Authorities said Irion's last known whereabouts were about 10 minutes away from the Walmart off State Route 427, where Irion's phone signal went dark.

Family of Naomi Irion: 'If they can do it to us, they can do it to you'

Detective Erik Kusmerz with the Lyon County Sheriff's Office said Irion's cell phone pinged in the area for about 10 minutes...

That makes sense to me that he drove 10 minutes away, then stopped (hence the stationary ping) because he had to quickly make sure her phone was off. He didn't want to take a chance that he could be tracked to wherever he was going with her. He then returned alone later and left the car there. I wonder if he had scoped out that spot earlier and knew that there was little chance he would be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member