Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the crimes themselves can absolutely be introduced in sentencing. I thought someone was asking if a strike in California would count as one in another state, and it can if the other states elements for that crime are at least the same; for example, if kidnapping in California is made up of four elements, and in Nevada it’s made up of three of those four, then the elements in Nevada are by default satisfied since in California, all four had to have been in order to get a conviction.
Thanks for explaining the way the strikes work! Hope you stick around, we'll need your expertise. What do you think is going on behind the scenes right now? TIA.

The police have never given details on how they knew or felt this truck was tied to her disappearance and I think we have all been assuming he returned to the area for the first time late in the afternoon because of the sun and shadows in that surveillance footage. But that may not necessarily be the case.

What if he drove by her car multiple times after he dumped it to see if it was still there? We know that many times, criminal return to the scene of the crime. He could have been done with Naomi early the morning of the 12th, and maybe what made them think this truck was suspicious and tied to the disappearance is that they saw it on footage drive by her car/this area multiple times in the days following her disappearance. They may have just released ONE photo of it because the light and sun was such that it gave us the best picture of it. Perhaps the other times he drove by, it was darker out. Just thinking out loud here.
My guess is that the surveillance camera showed Naomi’s car being brought back to the Lowes Sherwin Williams area then right after that the blue truck is driving away … that’s how police made the connection.

That's not the norm here. Most dealerships have standard delivery of new cars, based on historical sales info, they are floor planned and the lot is stocked. You come in and buy a car and take it home. You can of course place a special order. Can't speak to Florida's process, but sounds interesting.
Not in Delaware. New and used cars are scarce.

Some interesting things to come out of interviews today:

Tamara mentioned that she believes LE has his cel phone in possession (via her TT live this morning).

Naomi’s mom mentioned on the Pascal show that LE has told her they have positive information, but did not provide her with who, what, why, how, etc. But she seemed to have renewed hope from this statement!

Some interesting things to come out of interviews today:

Tamara mentioned that she believes LE has his cel phone in possession (via her TT live this morning).

Naomi’s mom mentioned on the Pascal show that LE has told her they have positive information, but did not provide her with who, what, why, how, etc. But she seemed to have renewed hope from this statement!
I'm so hoping Naomi is being held somewhere and she'll be reunited with her family.

Shadow Gray Metallic? I would have sworn it was Metallic Blue
I kept seeing blue when they were looking but on the tow truck, definitely looks dark gray. I wondered if that could have added to it not being identified sooner, someone thinking his truck wasn't the right color

ETA - photos at link
Fallon man arrested for kidnapping in Naomi Irion case

Also editing to add, this 3/25 article even says dark blue or black
Missing Naomi Irion's family travels from South Africa to Nevada to assist with search

Last edited:
Just finished watching the latest TikTok live stream from Naomi’s sister Tamara. No new information there, but she did say that she’s been told by LE that they are searching for Naomi alive. They’ve not been told anything else to alter that as yet.

After watching the video again, it seems like the perpetrator deliberately wore a hoodie, to keep his hair, features covered from any cameras.

That might be a "heads up", in an area, if someone has a hoodie, that seems to be hiding their features to maybe, stay safely locked in the car until more folks are around. Not victim blaming, just noticed this in the video. And others. Hoodies are common, but wearing one to hide features, not so much.

Just finished watching the latest TikTok live stream from Naomi’s sister Tamara. No new information there, but she did say that she’s been told by LE that they are searching for Naomi alive. They’ve not been told anything else to alter that as yet.

Police are always looking for a "live" person when that person is missing. They have to assume the person is alive until there is proof that the person is no longer alive. That doesn't mean that police believe that she is alive.

If Naomi is alive, the suspect should reveal where she is because it's better to be convicted of kidnapping than murder. If she is not alive, it's better for the suspect to remain silent. Without a body, it's more difficult to prove that he murdered her.

It's also worth considering that he was involved in a murder when he was 17 years. He hid the body and did not reveal where it was.

Police are always looking for a "live" person when that person is missing. They have to assume the person is alive until there is proof that the person is no longer alive. That doesn't mean that police believe that she is alive.

If Naomi is alive, the suspect should reveal where she is because it's better to be convicted of kidnapping than murder. If she is not alive, it's better for the suspect to remain silent. Without a body, it's more difficult to prove that he murdered her.

It's also worth considering that he was involved in a murder when he was 17 years. He hid the body and did not reveal where it was.

I agree with you, and obviously a huge part of that is her family also holding on to as much hope as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966