Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this was already brought up and I missed it but I saw this . . . will the incorrect date on the criminal charges have any bearing?

277562771_395963622341596_877568398386010664_n.jpg

Unlikely, they can amend.

One of the Reno sources reported today that he was released from prison (in California State Prison in Sacramento) in 2012 and only released from probabion in 2014

So he couldn't even make it 10 years without inflicting a brutal crime on an innocent young woman.

Wire in the blood, indeed.

One of the Reno sources reported today that he was released from prison (in California State Prison in Sacramento) in 2012 and only released from probabion in 2014

So he couldn't even make it 10 years without inflicting a brutal crime on an innocent young woman.

I have to wonder what he was up to since 2012. That's a LOT of time to keep your nose clean and I suspect he likely didn't.
You don't just wake up one day and decide to do what he did with Naomi :( imo

What kind of “tip” could lead investigators to an exact 6 foot spot in the middle of a hundred miles of desolation? Seems it would have to be phone or truck GPS?
If the FBI shares proprietary information with local law enforcement, is that a tip? If an agency like the NSA shares some type of top-secret intelligence like satellite monitoring from days past is that considered a tip? I don’t know if this got that high level with State Dept family involved but Nevada is full of secretive military activities and I wouldn’t be surprised if there is something like NSA satellite surveillance.

I have to wonder what he was up to since 2012. That's a LOT of time to keep your nose clean and I suspect he likely didn't.
You don't just wake up one day and decide to do what he did with Naomi :( imo

If what you suggest is true (that he hasn't kept his nose clean since 2012), at SOME point that is exactly what he did. He woke up one day and decided to hurt someone - whether or not Naomi was the first. :(

Extremely desolate. Extremely dry rocky or salty alkaline dried up lakebed. Highway 95 and a railroad runs 5o miles along the western edge of this region, known as the Carson Sink, or the Fallon Wildlife Refuge, but it is little traveled. It would connect the towns of Fallon with Lovelock but would not be considered a major road, except by those that needed to commute to a mine in the region or the Nevada State Prison in Lovelock.

I think it's more likely that his truck GPS showed the route.
So sad if the GPS was the answer - it took so long to find her...

So sad if the GPS was the answer - it took so long to find her...

It is still certainly possible that someone did notice a vehicle in this region and was a tip.

It could have been either hers or his, but honestly, I think he would have used his truck with 4wd, rugged tires, and a high ground clearance to risk being on those old rocky mining roads in the area.

I haven't really thought much about what this means to the timeline - using his vehicle rather than hers to get there.

That's something for another day.

Were I LE, I would be looking to see if there were reports of any other missing women within the past ten years that disappeared from that area, that were not likely runaways. They may have stumbled upon his burial grounds. No way that guy has been an upstanding citizen for the past decade, after serving time for multiple crimes including accessory to murder, just to wake up one morning and to decide to kill some random young woman. JMO

Last edited:
If the FBI shares proprietary information with local law enforcement, is that a tip? If an agency like the NSA shares some type of top-secret intelligence like satellite monitoring from days past is that considered a tip? I don’t know if this got that high level with State Dept family involved but Nevada is full of secretive military activities and I wouldn’t be surprised if there is something like NSA satellite surveillance.

Thank you for your insightful post, @WestGL! Your post got me to thinking about this.

Our @Herat has kindly shared with us the topography of the area where Naomi's body was recovered.

Because of the details that @Herat has shared with us, I looked at the following map and I see that the area has a "Naval Station Fallon Target 820" above the area and below the area are
the "US Naval Training Area as well as the "US Naval Reservation Target Area".

I have no idea of course, but perhaps there were satellite images or drone footage or something like that on March 12, 2022, that the Naval Station "tipped" into the investigation?

This may not prove to be the case at all, however, perhaps it's a possibility.

Just some thoughts. JMO

stillwatermap_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Unlikely, they can amend.
Will he be re-arraigned with the charge of murder? And therefore hopefully bail can be denied at that point. He really shouldn't be out among the public.

ETA Apparently he never should have been out among the public.

Very sad to read that she has been found deceased. RIP Naomi. :(

Last edited:
Will he be re-arraigned with the charge of murder? And therefore bail can be denied at that point. He really shouldn't be out among the public.

Very sad to read that she has been found deceased. RIP Naomi. :(

If bail has not officially been revoked already, it certainly will be. I promise you, that monster isn't going to be released, and given that he knows now that we know now, I am pretty sure that the very last place he wants to be today is out among the public. JMO

That document was confusing to me. It has TD's name and address at the top as if it is addressed to him, but the greeting is "Dear Ms. O_____," who is listed as a cc?
Looks like Troy Driver had filed complaints about the board meetings of a public school. The letter is addressed to the president of the board. One of the complaints is that the board closed a meeting to deliberate about the qualifications of potential board members. Seems Troy was trying to become an elementary school board member? Extra creepy

BBM. He may not have waited that long if there are other unknown victims of his yet to be discovered. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. IMO

That document was confusing to me. It has TD's name and address at the top as if it is addressed to him, but the greeting is "Dear Ms. O_____," who is listed as a cc?

Looks like Troy Driver had filed complaints about the board meetings of a public school. The letter is addressed to the president of the board. One of the complaints is that the board closed a meeting to deliberate about the qualifications of potential board members. Seems Troy was trying to become an elementary school board member? Extra creepy

I'm going to guess that he has or had stepchildren. There's no way he would even qualify to be on the board, he has a criminal record. Makes more sense if he filled it for someone else, like maybe his partner and the biological parent of children attending the school was the one who actually wanted to be on the board or the meeting.

I don't think he could be on a school board as a felon, could he? Yikes. (Also, we don't really know that he made the complaint or was trying to become a board member from this, do we?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895