Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely more likely. The only thing that confused me was the idea of describing GPS as a tip—but we don’t have a direct quote from LE, so it could have been garbled.

I think LE is playing their cards very tight to their chest on this. It could be a phone GPS, too.

It occurs to me that this is not a very good route to take her vehicle on. A very remote highway, roads off the highway are gravely or rocky. Risk of flat tire, mechanical issue stranding him. He would need a shovel, at least to dig in that rock and dirt. Maybe he had already been out there digging ( awful thought), in his pre-planning. I don't want to think any more about these awful things.

I want to remember dear radiant angelic Naomi.

Extremely desolate. Extremely dry rocky or salty alkaline dried up lakebed. Highway 95 and a railroad runs 5o miles along the western edge of this region, known as the Carson Sink, or the Fallon Wildlife Refuge, but it is little traveled. It would connect the towns of Fallon with Lovelock but would not be considered a major road, except by those that needed to commute to a mine in the region or the Nevada State Prison in Lovelock.

I think it's more likely that his truck GPS showed the route.
I didn't know location had been reported. Do you know exact spot and where is this info posted? I'd like to add it to my file. Thanks for the updates and descriptions.

I didn't know location had been reported. Do you know exact spot and where is this info posted? I'd like to add it to my file. Thanks for the updates and descriptions.
No, I don't know the exactd spot and I doubt LE will release it anytime soon.

I am only going by the very simple map that I saw I think on the official sheriff's office release. It barely has any roads noted, so my comments are only a guess because of the general area.

I am only going by the very simple map that I saw I think on the official sheriff's office release. It barely has any roads noted, so my comments are only a guess because of the general area.
Thanks. I'm so glad you know the area. It's like just a vast expanse of land if you aren't familiar with it. Still so many questions, but at least the family has her back close to them. One can only imagine what lies ahead. It's going to be brutal.

Even though I felt like this would be the outcome, it still shocked me when I saw it.

I don't know why this case hit me more than some others.

I think because I thought of when I was 18, graduated from high school and your whole life seems ahead of you.

And Naomi's was taken away.

Naomi, this is the worst possible news. So so sorry that a vile, cold, ruthless, murdering predator has taken your life away from you when you were just enjoying the freedom to live your life as you wanted to. MOO
This is a huge area which has a very dry alkaline crust-like soil, as it is a dried-up ancient lakebed. He had to have taken 95 N to the area. There are very very few roads into this region. Either they found this via his truck GPS or he gave up the location. There are no people around this region to "notice" anything.

Google Maps
That is really interesting thank you Herat

The exact location hasn’t been released yet. However, if the Washoe County Coroner took possession of the body, it should mean that Washoe County is responsible for the area she where she was found. Given that, I’m going to guess that he would have driven from Fernley, along the 447 towards Gerlach, It would put him on the border between Washoe and Churchill, I believe. Herat or others who know the area… any thoughts? According to his co-worker, he was gone for 10 hours.
MOO

Last edited:
The exact location hasn’t been released yet. However, the Washoe County Coroner took possession of the body, it should mean that Washoe County is responsible for the area she was found in… given that, I’m going to guess that he would have driven from Fernley, along the 447 towards Gerlach, It would put him on the border between Washoe and Churchill, I believe. Herat or others who know the area… any thoughts? According to his co-worker, he was gone for 10 hours.
MOO

No Washoe County Forensics does all the forensic analysis for deaths in all the small surrounding counties by contract. This does not mean her remains were found in or near Washoe county.

The more I look at the googlearth views of the area and his general experiences with mines in Nevada I think the place he was, was actually in the rocky hills just at the north edge of the Carson Sink, rather than on the flat alkali lake bed. The area would be generally near the site of the Lovelock Cave, an extremely imporant archeological site where beautiful native american artifacts from 3,00o years ago were found.

Here's a bit about the Lovelock Cave, to show you the terrain:

Lovelock Cave & Backcountry Byway | Tule Duck Decoys at Lovelock Cave

If you can find that, I think the rocky hills about 6-7 miles west have several old abandoned mines and some older disturbed earth with parked old heavy equipment, and piles of rock debris from the mining. This would be my guess of where he would chose. It's nearby a route he could use to commute from his domicile in Fallon to Relief Canyon Mine where we know he worked in 2019. It's in an obscure and very remote area, but still driveable by 4 wd with decent tires.

I just don't see him driving her car there and back, though.

Last edited:
That’s yet another odd thing. Typically in cases I have followed, we are able to see that certain searches are being done. For example “ a search warrant was executed at the home of so and so …” In this case we have seen none of that. Seems really strange. JMO

They haven't conducted a search of his home yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966