Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly recommend everyone to go to Tamara’s Twitter Spaces Live right now (@sweater_vests). She is doing an amazing interview with memories about Naomi and sharing about how today went with the investigation.
Her favorite memory was when she “had” to babysit Naomi - she now views it as a privilege. They made a fort in the living room and ate ice cream, and she said it was such a peaceful and fun night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sweater_vests

I am listening to it at the moment and it’s nice just to hear her sharing some memories and hearing the condolences.

This is news that many of us that have been here for years expected to hear at some point, but even when you expect it, you never really are prepared for it. The thing that keeps us here, I think, is the hope that in some way we may make a difference in the lives of the people that end up on the pages here, and then news like this just make you put your face in your hands and cry.

This beautiful young woman had her entire life ahead of her, and lost it because of some sick monster that decided she was going to be his, and then was never going to be anyone else's. Her family has shown far more compassion for him than he has ever shown for probably any other human, and I will say it for them now...if proven guilty, and I believe that he will be, I pray he never draws another breath as a free person, for as long as he lives. I hope he rots in prison.

To her precious family, nothing will bring your lovely daughter back, but although we never knew her, our hearts are breaking for you and your loss. May you feel the love of many thousands of arms wrap around you during this difficult time, and may you draw comfort in knowing you will see her again one day. JMO

Dear @SteveP,

Your words touch the hearts of many and are so true.

Thank you for putting into words how everyone is feeling right now.

To Naomi’s family,

I am so very sorry. So very sorry for the loss of the beautiful young woman you loved who was just coming into her own. She sounded like she had a joyful, loving soul. May God comfort you with the love of a nation that mourns alongside you and all of us here who long for justice to be done for Naomi.

Last edited:
********************JOINT PRESS RELEASE**************************

AGENCIES: CHURCHILL COUNTY SHERIF’S OFFICE
LYON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

March 30, 2022

On Tuesday, March 29, 2022 Investigators from the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office along with a Detective from the Lyon County Sheriff’s office responded to a remote part of Churchill County following a tip regarding the disappearance of Naomi Irion. Their investigative actions led them to a possible gravesite, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigative Services team was contacted and responded to assist in processing the scene.

The body of an adult Caucasian female was recovered from that gravesite, the body was transported to the Washoe County Medical Examiners Office for an autopsy and to confirm identification. On March 30, 2022 the remains were confirmed as those of Naomi Irion, the family has been notified.

No further information can be released at this time as this is still an open and active investigation.

We would like to extend our sympathy and condolences to the Irion family and thank all the volunteers for their hard work in trying to find Naomi and bring closure to the family. The Churchill County Sheriff’s Office and the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office will continue to work closely on these cases.

:(

It's infuriating that we have to live in a society infested with vermin like this. I'm relieved that Naomi was found so quickly, though, and it didn't drag on for months as some of these cases do. Now I'm just waiting for validation that nobody else was involved.

Highly recommend everyone to go to Tamara’s Twitter Spaces Live right now (@sweater_vests). She is doing an amazing interview with memories about Naomi and sharing about how today went with the investigation.
Her favorite memory was when she “had” to babysit Naomi - she now views it as a privilege. They made a fort in the living room and ate ice cream, and she said it was such a peaceful and fun night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/sweater_vests
Do you have to have an Apple podcast app to listen?

Body location

56033613-10670689-image-a-75_1648696770431.jpg

56021103-10669801-image-a-1_1648670046046.jpg

Remains of kidnapped woman Naomi Irion, 18, are found in remote area of Nevada | Daily Mail Online

It’s just so unfair.

I think cases like this hit so hard because Naomi could be any one of us. She was going about her normal day— in her own car for goodness sakes. And some nutjob freak decided to snuff her life out for his own selfish reasons. It’s so sick.

I was putting my two young sons to bed when I got the alert. As I hugged them goodnight, I thought how there are far too many disgusting men who do this to women. Here's to raising a generation of real and good men who honor and respect women. I'm horrified to think of what Naomi experienced in her final moments, and praying that her family feels the love we are all sending their way.
This is so tragic, senseless and brutal. My heart aches.

Is it possible TD cooperated and told of her location? Or who might the tipster be?

“On Tuesday, investigators from the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office along with a Detective from the Lyon County Sheriff’s office responded to a remote part of Churchill County following a tip regarding the disappearance of Naomi Irion,” the statement released Wednesday night said. “Their investigative actions led them to a possible gravesite, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigative Services team was contacted and responded to assist in processing the scene."
Body of Naomi Irion found in remote part of rural Nevada

That’s awful. I’m so sorry. As a man I feel guilty by association. That we can breed this fear, use it against vulnerable women. It’s just shameful and I’m ashamed.
Thank you so much for that. Of course you are in no way to blame for the violence against women, but this is only 3 times in my entire lifetime of 66 years that I have heard a man apologize for how some women are brutalized. Instead I usually hear, "Well, I would never do anything like that, so why should I feel bad." Perhaps if more men felt guilty by association, more would be done in our society to stop the kidnapping, rape and murder of so many women?

I'm sure the charge is coming. IMO, this may also explain why Naomi's family opted not to address the court today with her being found yesterday, confirmed to be her today.

They were and are so gracious; I'm not certain I'd have been able to sit through as they did.

May he never, ever, never ever, again see the outside of prison walls.
Her brothers demeanor was definitely different today when he spoke after the hearing. I hoped he was just worn out and tired but I was afraid she had been found. Heartbroken for her family, her friends and most of all for her. God bless this precious child.

Thank you so much for that. Of course you are in no way to blame for the violence against women, but this is only 3 times in my entire lifetime of 66 years that I have heard a man apologize for how some women are brutalized. Instead I usually hear, "Well, I would never do anything like that, so why should I feel bad." Perhaps if more men felt guilty by association, more would be done in our society to stop the kidnapping, rape and murder of so many women?

I tend to agree. I don’t have to be or feel like this man to feel ashamed about his actions, the same as I’ve felt seeing cases like this constantly throughout my lifetime. Men are perpetually preying on women and I have no answers about what can be done. The onus shouldn’t be on women to have to fear walking home at night. I wish there was an answer or something that made it all make sense, and I wish there was something we could do to change it.

It’s a sad, awful, twisted reality of the world in which we live and it’s horrible.

The family is amazing. Honestly, I am not sure I would have been able to manage the hearing today, knowing that Naomi's body had been found. The absolute definition of resilience. How to cope with the unimaginable.

So many of these parents, like Ed Smart, John Walsh...Naomi's parents..so much strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog