Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family is amazing. Honestly, I am not sure I would have been able to manage the hearing today, knowing that Naomi's body had been found. The absolute definition of resilience. How to cope with the unimaginable.

So many of these parents, like Ed Smart, John Walsh...Naomi's parents..so much strength.

When awful situations occur in life, it is natural for us to ask why. Why was Naomi taken so young? Though it doesn’t help much, if at all, the only answer that I can think of at the moment is that her very last act was to bring a beautiful family into our lives. A family who by example, shows the type of love and respect we should all have for one another. She is truly a guardian angel.

The location on the map looks to me as though it is in a section of the Fallon Wildlife Rerserve, north of the Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge.

A very cynical location, in the more arid parts that won't see many visitors this year. It might be in the hunter's section of the reserve, which would not normally see much traffic until autumn.

Right now, there are migrating birds in the Stillwater sections with water. She looks to have been placed in the most arid and remote area of the wildlife reserve. It would be only a wildlife ranger that might come across the grave. This is very remote.

He chose a very cynical place to put her. It makes me hate him even more.

Last edited:
I’m shocked and horrified even though it was expected. My daughter is in elementary school and this is every daddy‘s worst nightmare. A Cretin emerges from the shadows and chooses your daughter at random to rape and kill and bury in a shallow grave in the desert. For no reason except a little thrill.

A precious child a parent has loved and labored and stayed up nights for years, decades. There are men out there who would snuff all that out in a blink for a quick thrill.

The location on the map looks to me as though it is in a section of the Fallon Wildlife Rerserve, north of the Stillwater National Wildlife Refuge.

A very cynical location, in the more arid parts that won't see many visitors this year. It might be in the hunter's section of the reserve, which would not normally see much traffic until autumn.

Right now, there are migrating birds in the Stillwater sections with water. She looks to have been placed in the most arid and remote area of the wildlife reserve. It would be only a wildlife ranger that might come across the grave. This is very remote.

This is a huge area which has a very dry alkaline crust-like soil, as it is a dried-up ancient lakebed. He had to have taken 95 N to the area. There are very very few roads into this region. Either they found this via his truck GPS or he gave up the location. There are no people around this region to "notice" anything.

Google Maps

According to the official press release...

On Tuesday, March 29, 2022 Investigators from the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office along with a Detective from the Lyon County Sheriff’s office responded to a remote part of Churchill County following a tip regarding the disappearance of Naomi Irion...

Who did the tip come from? Did someone, his gf perhaps, know of his whereabouts during the weekend that Naomi went missing? Did she somehow know that he was the one in the hoody? Did she suspect it was his truck, suddenly being hidden, that LE were looking for? Did he confess to her what he had done? Or, was it actually he, himself, who finally told LE where they could find her body? Did he do it in exchange for having the death penalty taken off the table on a murder charge? Somehow, I just do not get the feeling that he confessed, but clearly, someone with some level of knowledge or well-placed suspicion did, because I do not believe she would have been found, otherwise. JMO

Last edited:

Thank you for the information Herat.
I hate him too.
It’s hard to fathom what played out in that courtroom today. The family able to sit thru the hearing knowing what they did. And the monster on the screen hearing that he received the go ahead to bond out, all the while knowing he had taken Naomi’s life.

Could this affect the bail decision made today? Would the prosecution be able to add charges and keep him from getting out on the previous bail amount? I'm worried if he gets out he's going to run and hide.

They’ll definitely be able to add charges and I suspect the bail hearing for the new charges will be quite different.

MOO and IANAL

The family is amazing. Honestly, I am not sure I would have been able to manage the hearing today, knowing that Naomi's body had been found. The absolute definition of resilience. How to cope with the unimaginable.

So many of these parents, like Ed Smart, John Walsh...Naomi's parents..so much strength.

It is truly unimaginable how families cope when a loved one is taken far too soon.

But, the family did not know about Naomi being found while they were in the hearing today, according to TDM...

Investigators found the 18-year-old's body at a gravesite in an undisclosed area of Churchill County, the sheriff's office confirmed Wednesday, just hours after her accused kidnapper appeared in court via Zoom.

Officials said they found the body Tuesday night at around 9 pm after receiving a top that led them to the rugged mountains located about 150 miles from where she was abducted in Fernley.

Remains of kidnapped woman Naomi Irion, 18, are found in remote area of Nevada | Daily Mail Online

According to the official press release...

On Tuesday, March 29, 2022 Investigators from the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office along with a Detective from the Lyon County Sheriff’s office responded to a remote part of Churchill County following a tip regarding the disappearance of Naomi Irion...

Who did the tip come from? Did someone, his gf perhaps, know of his whereabouts during the weekend that Naomi went missing? Did she somehow know that he was the one in the hoody? Did she suspect it was his truck, suddenly being hidden, that LE were looking for? Did he confess to her what he had done? Or, was it actually he, himself, who finally told LE where they could find her body? Did he do it in exchange for having the death penalty taken off the table on a murder charge? Somehow, I just do not get the feeling that he confessed, but clearly, someone with some level of knowledge or well-placed suspicion did, because I do not believe she would have been found, otherwise. JMO

It sounds like a desolate area. Could someone have crossed paths with his vehicle and remembered it just enough to tell LE? If it’s a desolate enough area that there’s almost no traffic?

It is truly unimaginable how families cope when a loved one is taken far too soon.

But, the family did not know about Naomi being found while they were in the hearing today, according to TDM...

Investigators found the 18-year-old's body at a gravesite in an undisclosed area of Churchill County, the sheriff's office confirmed Wednesday, just hours after her accused kidnapper appeared in court via Zoom.

Officials said they found the body Tuesday night at around 9 pm after receiving a top that led them to the rugged mountains located about 150 miles from where she was abducted in Fernley.

Remains of kidnapped woman Naomi Irion, 18, are found in remote area of Nevada | Daily Mail Online

According to Tamara on Twitter they had been told prior to the hearing that they’d found a body the previous night that they believed to be her and were in the process of confirming that it was Naomi, which happened after the hearing. So, by all accounts, they went into it feeling quite sure based on what LE was saying that this was her.

Casey looked defeated when answering questions for the press afterwards. They were obviously in a dark place.

According to Tamara on Twitter they had been told prior to the hearing that they’d found a body the previous night that they believed to be her and were in the process of confirming that it was Naomi, which happened after the hearing. So, by all accounts, they went into it feeling quite sure based on LE was saying that this was her.

I’d thought that LE would have to tell the family right away that they had found someone.... Terrible though it is, think how much worse it would be if the information leaked and came to them as a rumor, first.

It sounds like a desolate area. Could someone have crossed paths with his vehicle and remembered it just enough to tell LE? If it’s a desolate enough area that there’s almost no traffic?

Extremely desolate. Extremely dry rocky or salty alkaline dried up lakebed. Highway 95 and a railroad runs 5o miles along the western edge of this region, known as the Carson Sink, or the Fallon Wildlife Refuge, but it is little traveled. It would connect the towns of Fallon with Lovelock but would not be considered a major road, except by those that needed to commute to a mine in the region or the Nevada State Prison in Lovelock.

I think it's more likely that his truck GPS showed the route.

Extremely desolate. Extremely dry rocky or salty alkaline dried up lakebed. Highway 95 and a railroad runs 5o miles along the western edge of this region, known as the Carson Sink, or the Fallon Wildlife Refuge, but it is little traveled. It would connect the towns of Fallon with Lovelock but would not be considered a major road, except by those that needed to commute to a mine in the region or the Nevada State Prison in Lovelock.

I think it's more likely that his truck GPS showed the route.

Definitely more likely. The only thing that confused me was the idea of describing GPS as a tip—but we don’t have a direct quote from LE, so it could have been garbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle