Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he could be on a school board as a felon, could he? Yikes. (Also, we don't really know that he made the complaint or was trying to become a board member from this, do we?)
I don't think so... maybe someone he didn't like got allowed on the board. It may not even be about him or someone close to him wanting to be on the board.

Apologies if this was already brought up and I missed it but I saw this . . . will the incorrect date on the criminal charges have any bearing?

277562771_395963622341596_877568398386010664_n.jpg
I’m gonna say no. I’m a paralegal and this is a common error. Usually it’s because someone has forgotten to change the date when they pulled the template from a previous case.

Extremely desolate. Extremely dry rocky or salty alkaline dried up lakebed. Highway 95 and a railroad runs 5o miles along the western edge of this region, known as the Carson Sink, or the Fallon Wildlife Refuge, but it is little traveled. It would connect the towns of Fallon with Lovelock but would not be considered a major road, except by those that needed to commute to a mine in the region or the Nevada State Prison in Lovelock.

I think it's more likely that his truck GPS showed the route.

I wonder if one of those many small planes and helicopters you tracked might have noticed something while they were going about their jobs? Either noticed something odd at the time, or went back and looked at video and noticed it?

Thank you for your insightful post, @WestGL! Your post got me to thinking about this.

Our @Herat has kindly shared with us the topography of the area where Naomi's body was recovered.

Because of the details that @Herat has shared with us, I looked at the following map and I see that the area has a "Naval Station Fallon Target 820" above the area and below the area are
the "US Naval Training Area as well as the "US Naval Reservation Target Area".

I have no idea of course, but perhaps there were satellite images or drone footage or something like that on March 12, 2022, that the Naval Station "tipped" into the investigation?

This may not prove to be the case at all, however, perhaps it's a possibility.

Just some thoughts. JMO

stillwatermap_thumb.jpg

The only drones that will show up on FlightRadar24 are the really large military drones that can fly at an altitude sufficient to interfere with aviation traffic and carry the transponders. The smaller ones won't show up. I have not noticed any drone activity over that area, but the smaller drones LE are reportedly using would not show up on FR24, I believe.

I wonder if one of those many small planes and helicopters you tracked might have noticed something while they were going about their jobs? Either noticed something odd at the time, or went back and looked at video and noticed it?

Is it possible that a plane or helicopter had a camera and made footage of the trip? If I was a pilot I would look at the images. Sorry for my English I am from the Netherlands.

There was one day last week that there were a couple of small planes up over Fallon. I think one was doing touch-n-goes at the Fallon airport.

The other was circling the Hazen area and at the time I though it might have just been a recreational plane flight or a BLM wildlife flight associated with the smaller Fernley Wildlife Management area or the Fernley Reservoir and dam that are slightly NE of Hazen. It would be basic LE 101 to search all nearby bodies of water, for example.

Now it seems they might be associated with LE.

Last edited:
Is it possible that a plane or helicopter had a camera and made footage of the trip? If I was a pilot I would look at the images. Sorry for my English I am from the Netherlands.

There are very few helicopters or small planes that fly the route from Fallon north on Highway 95 to the interstate freeway, I-80. There is literally nothing to see and part of the large dry Carson Sink area ( like about half of it) is off-limits for flying because it is used by the Fallon Naval Air Base for flights and bombing targets. ( I don't know how recently they were doing any target shooting).

Yesterday, Wednesday, was actually the first time I've seen the hot shot Talon flights from Fallon up over the Carson Sink. They are flying at above 10,000 ft at that point and going up to 500 kts so they are not suited to air surveillance of small areas.

Last edited:
What a horrific outcome.

I just cannot comprehend how the mind of someone like TD works. Does he wake up in the morning and decide he’s going to kill a random person that day? It’s all so sick and evil that it’s beyond anything I can understand.[/QUOTE

What sickens me is that she was so protected and secure when she lived overseas. She came here full of life, wanting her freedom and to just be a normal young woman without all the restrictions, only to have her beautiful future taken away from her in the most horrifying way possible. Rest In Peace sweet girl.

Thank you for your insightful post, @WestGL! Your post got me to thinking about this.

Our @Herat has kindly shared with us the topography of the area where Naomi's body was recovered.

Because of the details that @Herat has shared with us, I looked at the following map and I see that the area has a "Naval Station Fallon Target 820" above the area and below the area are
the "US Naval Training Area as well as the "US Naval Reservation Target Area".

I have no idea of course, but perhaps there were satellite images or drone footage or something like that on March 12, 2022, that the Naval Station "tipped" into the investigation?

This may not prove to be the case at all, however, perhaps it's a possibility.

Just some thoughts. JMO

stillwatermap_thumb.jpg

My husband is military and works for the NSA. The military may have been involved, though I think it's a very unlikely, but the NSA would not be. I think it is likely a "tip" from his gps (via phone or truck) or information collected from his employer/fellow employees. I think it's also very possible the FBI had drones searching and came across disturbed ground.

My husband is military and works for the NSA. The military may have been involved, though I think it's a very unlikely, but the NSA would not be. I think it is likely a "tip" from his gps (via phone or truck) or information collected from his employer/fellow employees. I think it's also very possible the FBI had drones searching and came across disturbed ground.

Absolutely.

Something must have drawn attention to this out-of-the way location: Traffic camera on Interstate 80 or Highway 95? Truck GPS? Phone GPS?

Or really, it could be someone driving on Highway 95 that noticed the vehicle.

Then it's some local knowledge by LE and some FBI behavioral insight and drone technology.

I have to pose the possibility that the grave had been pre-dug by him at some other time, too.

Saddened but not surprised at this outcome. I feel terribly for Naomi's family and friends.

Seeing how far and isolated he dumped her body just cements my theory regrading him transferring Naomi from her car into one of his vehicles. IMO the CCTV still of his truck was taking day/s after he had kidnapped her and was probably checking to see if her car had been noticed yet. Probably was keeping an eye on the news and realised she hadn't been reported missing yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has done this before or attempted it. He probably thought Naomi seemed like a great victim. <modsnip>Perhaps she has a boyfriend and will be reported missing then. But police probably won't take him serious, hell they might even make him a suspect. He hides his face but doesn't seem concerned about CCTV footage. Again perhaps the police won't get around to checking on time. Just another runaway I guess.

What he didn't predict was that Naomi although being young was very family orientated. That family had more resources than the average citizen. FBI involved from the beginning? Almost unheard off. He messed up when he chose Naomi. Possibly saving others lives who would have slipped under LEO net.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO This is certainly not the outcome any one has been hoping for. Thoughts and prayers to the family and the disappointment for law enforcement.
What is also disappointing is that the slap heard around the world has been at the front of main stream media instead of something as heartbreaking as a 18 year old woman's body being found in a grave after being missing. Many have been following and praying for the best outcome. Very sad.

What he didn't predict was that Naomi although being young was very family orientated. That family had more resources than the average citizen. FBI involved from the beginning? Almost unheard off. He messed up when he chose Naomi. Possibly saving others lives who would have slipped under LEO net.

Agree with all of this. These are my thoughts as well. I.e., there are numerous missing persons cases every day - and they barely make a blip on the news. Maybe there will be an online article here & there, maybe not.

But, the NI case was everywhere. The family was definitely instrumental in being proactive & getting the info. out so people were aware of this. I also agree that they certainly had contacts/resources that others wouldn't have had access to, etc.

Conversely, if the perp had targeted almost anyone else under those same circumstances - the general public still may not have heard about this.

Last edited:
Like all of you, when I log in and go immediately to Missing Persons to get an update and I see that the thread has been moved, my heart sinks.

I know exactly what this means. Then I see Found Deceased and it is gut wrenching.

A young woman with a bright future is taken and like all the others, my heart and mind can't accept it. An all too common ending that while it is predictable, it is so heartbreaking. Hard for me not to feel like this could have been any of us. My kids are 17 and I have had numerous conversations with them because of this case. I have to believe that this is one small important thing that came from this tragedy.

Saddened but not surprised at this outcome. I feel terribly for Naomi's family and friends.

Seeing how far and isolated he dumped her body just cements my theory regrading him transferring Naomi from her car into one of his vehicles. IMO the CCTV still of his truck was taking day/s after he had kidnapped her and was probably checking to see if her car had been noticed yet. Probably was keeping an eye on the news and realised she hadn't been reported missing yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has done this before or attempted it. He probably thought Naomi seemed like a great victim. Looking at her you would just assume a low income young lady. Perhaps she has a boyfriend and will be reported missing then. But police probably won't take him serious, hell they might even make him a suspect. He hides his face but doesn't seem concerned about CCTV footage. Again perhaps the police won't get around to checking on time. Just another runaway I guess.

My first guess would have been ransom bc of her family. My first choice for kidnap wouldn't be someone almost 6 foot tall.

Agree with all of this. These are my thoughts as well. I.e., there are numerous missing persons cases every day - and they barely make a blip on the news. Maybe there will be an online article here & there, maybe not.

But, the NI case was everywhere. The family was definitely instrumental in being proactive & getting the info. out so people were aware of this. I also agree that they certainly had contacts/resources that others wouldn't have had access to, etc.

Conversely, if the perp had targeted almost anyone else under those same circumstances - the general public still may not have heard about this.
Having footage of the perp doesn't hurt as far as public interest goes.

That's assuming he knew anything about NI or her family. For all we know he chose a random car that had a single female occupant. Her height wouldn't have been obvious. If he did see her beforehand at the shop then he must have felt confident taking NI by surprise and probably with a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member