Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, possibly kidnapped from parking lot, car located, Fernley, 12 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is bothering me a bit is, I'm assuming the people that took that shuttle recognize eacher other's cars. Did no one notice her car leaving the parking lot? That's what I find strange.

I wonder how many people get on that shuttle. The moment she was abducted should have been the moment the shuttle could arrive any minute.
So everone that had to be on that shuttle should be waiting at the bus stop.
But yet I haven't heard anyone mentioned other people being there.

In the new photo released by LCSO asking for information on the 4 door sedan, I also see three other vehicles in the parking lot.

1. A small light colored car parked in the second row
2. A silver pickuptruck with a canopy, also in the second row, the next slot over from the white car
3. A pale colored vehicle in the left background facing the front of the building ( which I assume is Naomi's vehicle)

As the newly-identified vehicle drives in these are clearly visible to the left side of the entering sedan.

However, in the perp-walk, there are two cars visible at the far end, in the FIRST row, up against the building curb, not the SECOND row, as seen in the new video, and these two other vehicles are not seen. The vehicles seen in the perp walk would be to the right of this vehicle, not to the left like the photo:

120534-se_corner_of_walmart.jpg

What's with that?

Last edited:
You would think that they would be able to track the witness vehicle & driver's activity with the cameras as well. If they tracked the driver going into the store, and they made a purchase, they would have even more information available on that witness. If they didn't shop or get on the shuttle Noami was planning to take, what other reason is there to be there at that hour? I wonder if other shuttles use Walmart as a pick up location.

I wonder how many people get on that shuttle. The moment she was abducted should have been the moment the shuttle could arrive any minute.
I'm wondering that too..

Oh man, sorry lol.

That's what's bothering me the most too. Did nobody on that shuttle really see the car driving off? Someone had to have noticed her car parked there, so when she didn't show up how did nobody think "weird, I saw that girl's car why isn't she here?"? Very strange.

This was a Saturday and Naomi's regular schedule according to her brother was Thursday-Sunday. We still don't know exactly what her job was, but I now think it's safe to assume that there were other PASSENGERS on that shuttle that would know Naomi and recognize her vehicle.

My first assumption about the newly-identified vehicle of interest was that it was another Panasonic employee who took the same shuttle.

My assumptions are also that LE has thoroughly interviews all passengers and drivers of these shuttles.

Here is the company that provides the shuttle service, and a photo of the vehicle types they have. I can see employment opportunities for passenger bus drivers. I have not yet figured out the bus schedule. Maybe someone here who does FB can find out about the route of the Fernley shuttle. I'm going to guess the Fernley shuttle is the smallest white van, the 14 pax version.

Our Fleet – My Ride To Work

This was a Saturday and Naomi's regular schedule according to her brother was Thursday-Sunday. We still don't know exactly what her job was, but I now think it's safe to assume that there were other PASSENGERS on that shuttle that would know Naomi and recognize her vehicle.

My first assumption about the newly-identified vehicle of interest was that it was another Panasonic employee who took the same shuttle.

My assumptions are also that LE has thoroughly interviews all passengers and drivers of these shuttles.

She built batteries with a close knit group within a large factory (according to her sister on Nancy Grace.) I think it is interesting we haven't heard (unless I missed it) from anyone she worked with or anyone on that shuttle. I assume that is on purpose and requested by the police or Panasonic.

She built batteries with a close knit group within a large factory (according to her sister on Nancy Grace.) I think it is interesting we haven't heard (unless I missed it) from anyone she worked with or anyone on that shuttle. I assume that is on purpose and requested by the police or Panasonic.

Thank you for this info. I know some people who have gone to work there but they are in higher-level IT jobs and Naomi was only 18, with no specific technical training records apparent, so I wasn't sure the kind of position she would have. And 12 hour shifts ! Whew.

I have rewatched the video of the suspect walking back to the camera a few more times on a larger screen. Does anyone else see him pull his right hand out of his pocket right before he steps off the side walk in front of those bushes? It almost looks like he is looking (or pretending to) down at his phone. Do you see it, too? or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

You would think that they would be able to track the witness vehicle & driver's activity with the cameras as well. If they tracked the driver going into the store, and they made a purchase, they would have even more information available on that witness. If they didn't shop or get on the shuttle Noami was planning to take, what other reason is there to be there at that hour? I wonder if other shuttles use Walmart as a pick up location.

Maybe waiting for someone who had worked the night shift and was expected to get off the shuttle?

So she was 18 and sowing her oats after a sheltered life under dad’s thumb. Her brother must’ve thought at first she was spending a night/nights with a tinder date or some thing. I wonder if he delayed looking for her or alerting her parents because he didn’t want to embarrass her if she was just shacking up with someone. ughh he must’ve been absolutely horrified when he saw the Walmart surveillance video

I'm not sure that I would go that far regarding "dad's thumb." Naomi attended private school in foreign countries. I speak from experience when I say that children who attend foreign private schools do not learn to drive until they return to their native country. There just isn't the opportunity to learn to drive where English is not the native language and driving rules are different from native country.

The fact that she did not learn to drive until she returned to the USA is not about her family, but about the facts of growing up in foreign countries. Furthermore, living in a foreign country often means living in an ex-pat community and being accompanied by security when doing almost anything - including walking across the street to buy milk.

We don't know her specific circumstances, but wanting to experience life in the USA is probably more about the opportunities that offers to her at her age than an oppressive family situation.

After enlarging and poking at the photo as much as I can, and spending a couple of hours looking at pictures of High Country tailgate accessories, I think it might be just that funky multi-flex tailgate Chevy added a couple of years ago. When it's folded a certain way, it has that rolled-up look.

But it still looks like there's some kind of extra attachment near the back of the box. I found an almost infinite variety of custom and add-on tailgate designs, things that fold down to tables or open in thirds to accommodate loads, or allow a tank to be loaded in a box with only a small hatch to access the spigot, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
Any chance that some of the white areas we are seeing on the truck are not just reflections from the sun, but protective wraps put on vehicles being transported by a carrier? Not very likely, but a lot of us have talked about how clean the truck was for such a dusty environment and LE does not seem to be able to narrow down an owner. A brand new truck wouldn’t have an owner yet.

Attachments

• 39B3C1AB-8AA1-4A55-9D34-4C4AA5DF4E26.jpeg
    39B3C1AB-8AA1-4A55-9D34-4C4AA5DF4E26.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 910E473C-C4F3-4EFD-B331-05758BCB468B.jpeg
    910E473C-C4F3-4EFD-B331-05758BCB468B.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 64
Any chance that some of the white areas we are seeing on the truck are not just reflections from the sun, but protective wraps put on vehicles being transported by a carrier? Not very likely, but a lot of us have talked about how clean the truck was for such a dusty environment and LE does not seem to be able to narrow down an owner. A brand new truck wouldn’t have an owner yet.

They certainly could be. Especially that patch on top of the cab.

With the angle the sun is at, I had assumed reflections, but the reflections aren't consistent on other, similar areas.

I wouldn't think transported by a carrier so much as recently arrived and still being prepped. Maybe he's the dude responsible for driving the new vehicles to a car wash and detailing them for the showroom? Or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member