NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what time did Webb get back to St. George? I'd like to rule him out if possible.

I think that's all I've got for now.

Id like to place the timeline to a physical map which shows Stevens movements. I find often looking at information graphically can show patterns not obvious when reading text. Ill make one over the next day and post it up. However to make this model more accurate Id like to know if there is family of yours in the Vegas area Naegle. Anyone he was staying with? Not specific location, but general geographic location. If this bit of info is at the moment unknown or private just say so and I will omit it for the time being.

BTW, I must say joining a forum of this type is a very foreign thing for me. I cant get this out of my head though. I firmly believe this can be solved and the family and Steven will both come to peace.

Keep up the good work guys. The sheer amount of interest and effort is amazing to me.

The activities on the 6th and 7th were in St George. I made a mistake in my time line. He left St George at 10:30 PM not AM

10:30pm on Dec 12th, and never returned to the apartment?
(I was initially confused, thinking he'd left the apartment the morning he disappeared -- I don't know why I didn't notice the difference in dates right away!)

The stop in Mesquite that same day (Dec 12th)?

Then he's next seen on the video in Las Vegas about 13 hours after he left his apartment?

This is going to need a lot of organization, because we're dealing with two time zones....but we've already got a gigantic gap. Where was he, between the time he left the apartment and shows up in Vegas?

I have read some things about Steven got amnesia/fugue/stress disorder and this was actually his second time in that neighborhood because of a job interview. I don't think either of those things really make any sense.

Say he had amnesia. Whether he got bumped on the head, he had some stress disorder, whatever. . .still doesn't explain what he was doing on that street. Even if he wandered on to that street because he was delusional. . .somebody would eventually help him out. If some guy ends up lying in my front yard, I'm going to call 911. Even if I am a drug dealer/child *advertiser censored*/kiddie trafficker. . .if a guy ends up on my front yard on Evening Lights St. I am going to send him on his way. . .I am not going to make him disappear. Making him disappear is only going to draw more attention to me, my street, what I'm doing, etc. I would anonymously call 911 and be done with it. In any case, somebody would eventually figure out that that is his white car in the cul de sac. But his car was there for four days. Four days!

The whole amnesia thing does not fly. Cases of that are so, so, so small and most of those people do not end up disappearing. We only hear about the people who disappeared with those conditions because they disappeared. . .while a hundred times more people are having problems like that and not disappearing. But you don't hear about those. The amnesia/fugue thing is a non-starter.

As for the interview angle, once again, there is something about it that doesn't make sense. He wouldn't tell his family he has a second interview for a job? Really? I'm 39 and I would. He wouldn't feel compelled to take a load off of his parent's mind regarding his financial well-being. That does not sound like Steven. . .from the press reports. And I keep going back to the second video, he comes down that street and dramatically slows down because he is looking for a street name. If he had been there before, he would have just kept going without slowing down and parked in the cul de sac like he had done the first time.

Now, it could be that the first interview took place somewhere else. An office. A Starbuck's. Wherever. And maybe he wouldn't know that the Evening Lights Ave. address was a home residence. Possible. But once again, he wouldn't tell anybody about the first nor second interview? In fact, he was ready to blow off the second interview to go back to Utah for church. . .isn't that what his friend said? It just does not wash. I'm sorry.

I told my dad about this case this evening. He's 73. I just asked him for his general opinion. He doesn't follow disappearances, missing people, etc. at all. I was looking for a layman's opinion. The first thing out of his mouth after I finished giving him the facts was that there was a car waiting for Steven on Evening Lights. We have not covered that ground. Maybe somebody gave Steven a street address and told him they would be waiting for him there. . .in a car. And all those people on that street really know nothing.

Sometimes I get this strong Craigslist vibe. Craigslist is associated with so many crimes.

I am with you Suzi. Unless you are trying to find a bunkbed or something, it is a dirty, scary place. I thought they cleaned it up after the murders last year, but I guess not.

So, did Steven leave for Vegas on Saturday, Dec 12? And his cell phone was last used on Monday, Dec 14? Can we get some verification on this?

If he got to Vegas on the 12th, where did he stay that night?

What would we do for a friend that called and said he needed help, don't tell anyone, go here, park there, and walk to this place. But why?

Something illegal, something against his moral standards, etc.

BTW, I must say joining a forum of this type is a very foreign thing for me. I cant get this out of my head though. I firmly believe this can be solved and the family and Steven will both come to peace.

Keep up the good work guys. The sheer amount of interest and effort is amazing to me.

Ditto. I have never participated or been involved on this site before. I can't shake this.

So he left at 10:30 the night before? Where did he stay? Surely he didn't sleep in his car......he could have left the morning of and still had plenty of time to make his 12:00 appt. hmmmmm

10:30pm on Dec 12th, and never returned to the apartment?
(I was initially confused, thinking he'd left the apartment the morning he disappeared -- I don't know why I didn't notice the difference in dates right away!)

The stop in Mesquite that same day (Dec 12th)?

Then he's next seen on the video in Las Vegas about 13 hours after he left his apartment?

This is going to need a lot of organization, because we're dealing with two time zones....but we've already got a gigantic gap. Where was he, between the time he left the apartment and shows up in Vegas?

I dont think we know for a fact that he never returned to the apartment. We just know that that was the last time he was seen leaving the apartment. Remember, its late at night. He could have returned at midnight and left at 6:30 am, while most people were sleeping.

That is a VERY good question and one I hope to illustrate on the timeline.

I used to build timelines, but I don't have webspace that's "anonymous" that also lets me use very basic html.

So I'll just ask questions ;)

I am with you Suzi. Unless you are trying to find a bunkbed or something, it is a dirty, scary place. I thought they cleaned it up after the murders last year, but I guess not.

It's like a town; if you don't hang out in the bad parts, you're a lot safer.

I had several strangers come into my home a few months ago, because I was giving away free stuff. I'm still here....and my basement is clean.
Having someone haul it away for free, is better than paying for a dumpster.

One thing I want to clear up. In the timeline given by Naelge several posts back this info is given:

December 12 , 2009 Stopped for gas and snacks at Shell Oil in Mesquite, Nevada
December 12, 2009 JS saw Steven leave his apartment in St George at 10:30

Is that order correct? Doesnt make sense he would drive into nevada to fill up and then come home later at night. Makes more sense that the order is flipped and he left at 10:30 and filled up in Mequite around 11 to 11:30.

Opinions please.

I dont think we know for a fact that he never returned to the apartment. We just know that that was the last time he was seen leaving the apartment. Remember, its late at night. He could have returned at midnight and left at 6:30 am, while most people were sleeping.

No, but the Mesquite gas station receipt was dated 12/12. What time of the day was it?

According to Naegle's timeline, he stopped for gas and snacks in Mesquite, Nevada on Dec 12th.

If that stop was before he was last seen at the apartment, then he made two trips south towards Vegas in 24 hours.

One thing I want to clear up. In the timeline given by Naelge several posts back this info is given:

Is that order correct? Doesnt make sense he would drive into nevada to fill up and then come home later at night. Makes more sense that the order is flipped and he left at 10:30 and filled up in Mequite around 11 to 11:30.

Opinions please.

Agree - we need specific times.

Opinions please.

It may be in time sequence -- remember, Mesquite is in the Pacific time zone, an hour earlier than St George. So if she was just looking at the time and forgot about the time change, she may have listed it first.

That's why we need two times (MST and PST) on each event, when events are zipping back and forth between time zones.

Whoa, another interesting point I just noticed as Im building this map. He drove from Ruby Valley to Springerville to St. George in one day, stopped at home briefly and then continued on (depending on if the order is right) to Las Vegas. Thats a lot of driving for one day. But even more peculiar is that if he wanted to go to Vegas that day he went the long way. His trip would have been significantly shorter had he taken a more direct route? Why did he stop and home? Pick up something?

It may be in time sequence -- remember, Mesquite is in the Pacific time zone, an hour earlier than St George. So if she was just looking at the time and forgot about the time change, she may have listed it first.

That's why we need two times (MST and PST) on each event, when events are zipping back and forth between time zones.

You're right. But I'm more concerned with knowing what time he stopped in Mesquite on 12/12. The last contact with Steven, that we know of, was in the afternoon on 12/13. If he left St. George for Vegas on 12/12, we need to know that.

So, did Steven leave for Vegas on Saturday, Dec 12? And his cell phone was last used on Monday, Dec 14? Can we get some verification on this?

If he got to Vegas on the 12th, where did he stay that night?

You have it right. Steven's been known to sleep in his car if he's traveling alone. He did have a shaving kit in the car with him and... losts of coats. I don't know what to think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro