NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was said to be St. George. Or at least it was report by St. George police.

You have it right. Steven's been known to sleep in his car if he's traveling alone. He did have a shaving kit in the car with him and... losts of coats. I don't know what to think about that.

When i first heard of Steven missing they said they had found blankets and a pillow in the car. This is before any news articles, that could just be hearsay

(fine one last post) He doesn't live in Springville. None of his family knew that he past so close to home on the 10th and 12th. I'm not saying why he was driving so much because I don't know why. Is it so hard to believe that a guy doesn't tell someone of every move he makes?

Also, is it so hard to believe that Steven doesn't have dirty laundry?

He could have easily been back to St george for an evening meeting.

Responding to bold above. No, it is not hard to believe that he doesn't tell someone every move he makes. It is hard to believe that not one person knew anything about where he was during this time frame or what the purpose was. For example the trip to AnnMarie's house. Someone stated it was more than 7 hrs from Steven's house. You can bet your butt if someone showed up at my house out of the blue that lived a long distance away, I would at least ask "so what brings you out this way? Are you here for work, friends, etc?" There is no way he just got in his car and decided to drive to AM's house. There was a reason he was in that area.

Also, all the newspaper articles talk about all of the friends he had. It is hard to believe that he went to church, ward meetings, christmas parties, etc. and his travel plans never come up? The only reason I can think of that they did not was because, for some reason he didn't want anyone to know about them.

Is there any way we can get more info about Stevens visit it Ruby Valley. Seems odd that he spends two days with people he supposedly hasn't seen in quite some time. On top of that, the girl isnt even there with the family. Its just him and the family. I could let that slide if they once dated and the family knew and liked him. But that doesnt seem to be the case.

And how does a RANDOM visit turn into "why dont you stay for a few days"?

Not sure about Vegas, but gas prices are creeping up again in my neck of the woods. He has to be filling up quite a bit. Where is the money coming from?

Gas prices are waaaaaaaaaaay up in Vegas. But Naegle said Steve's car was a hybrid.

Is there any way we can get more info about Stevens visit it Ruby Valley. Seems odd that he spends two days with people he supposedly hasn't seen in quite some time. On top of that, the girl isnt even there with the family. Its just him and the family. I could let that slide if they once dated and the family knew and liked him. But that doesnt seem to be the case.

And how does a RANDOM visit turn into "why dont you stay for a few days"?

Hey Lost. Either you are confused or I am. It was my understanding he went to AM's house in Ruby Valley around noon that day. Finds out AM does not live there anymore, but is invited in for lunch and stays for a few hours visiting. If I am wrong someone feel free to correct me.

I think youre right actually. That clears up why Neagle said he had been close to family twice. Once on the 10th and once on the 12th. My mistake.

Still worth asking the question though. Why a random visit? Makes sense that it was because he must have been in northern utah to warrant making that extra little trip. Actually he was in the area twice in two days and no family knew about it. Odd.

This whole thing makes my head spin.

I am quite curious about Sacramento. Nevertheless, I see a young man on an appointment, hurriedly walking to meet someone,who he could not show his vehicle to, and he planned on sharing Christmas presents shortly thereafter. I don't think he was planning on leaving his vehicle, IMO He did not run away. He may have thought of moving to Vegas, or he may have been encouraged to go to this place for income potential. He seems optimistic and excited to visit this place.

Im starting to get the vibe the trips to Vegas and the trips to the SLC area are related. They are all hush hush and in very rapid succession. Any chance he was doing work as a shuttle on the side? Perhaps he thought his family would disapprove because it could be potentially dangerous.

He was in a 55+ community. This demographic could potentially need a ride to and from locations. Did he go to pick someone up that day to shuttle them to Utah? If a client asked you to park in a culdesac when you came to pick them up, would you? Or maybe there were cars on that street and he couldn't park where he wanted to.

Just throwin out another possibility that sorta fits.

Im starting to get the vibe the trips to Vegas and the trips to the SLC area are related. They are all hush hush and in very rapid succession.

I believe you are right. My first thought would be some sort of drug transportation, but we know that was ruled out with the drug sniffing dogs.

Someone asked earlier when the Missing Person Report was filed. From what I have been able to find, a Missing Person Report was filed in UT and NV on 12-18-09. A PI was hired the same day as well.

i was once interviewed by a naval intelligence officer about the character of a friend of mine. It occurred randomly outside my apt, very strange. I haven't heard a thing about it since but i assume that he is now working for them and he fervently denies being a spy for the navy when i poke fun at him. He says that he is a free lance editor but is always gone for random periods of time. Come to think of it he got his BS in communications.

Have any of Stevens close friend or acquaintances come in contact with such a character but are reluctant to say anything due to the strange nature of it?

That may have seemed strange to you, but it was just a routine security clearance interview. Every time someone applies for their clearance, and periodically thereafter, the entire process requires at least three references be interviewed...and (as I recall) none can be coworkers.

I haven't worked for the military for years, but I had a clearance when I was 18 years old. I last was interviewed a year ago, for a neighbor whose clearance was being renewed.

"Top secret" really isn't "top" ;)

Im starting to get the vibe the trips to Vegas and the trips to the SLC area are related. They are all hush hush and in very rapid succession. Any chance he was doing work as a shuttle on the side? Perhaps he thought his family would disapprove because it could be potentially dangerous.

He was in a 55+ community. This demographic could potentially need a ride to and from locations. Did he go to pick someone up that day to shuttle them to Utah? If a client asked you to park in a culdesac when you came to pick them up, would you? Or maybe there were cars on that street and he couldn't park where he wanted to.

Just throwin out another possibility that sorta fits.

It might be a 55+ community, but not everyone in there is 55+. Remember the mortgage company we were talking about, two houses down from where the car was found? I located the owner's name. When I googled her, her 20th high school reunion popped up: she'd graduated in 1989.
Apparently, only one person in the household has to be 55 to own property there.

Good find. I thought it was a long shot but figured it cant hurt to shoehorn another idea into the mix.

Still. I stick to my theory that the SLC trips and the Vegas trips are intertwined somehow.

I believe you are right. My first thought would be some sort of drug transportation, but we know that was ruled out with the drug sniffing dogs.

There is a reality show on TV that I watch called DEA. All these guys do is bust drug rings. They know that drugs are in a particular car and the dogs don't hit on it. I'm not saying he's a drug runner but it can't be ruled out because the dogs didn't hit on his car.

If Webb called him anywhere close to eleven then Webb's explanation for the phone call is a lie. Even if he was going to go back, he wouldn't make it and neither would Steven .Webb's story is b/c he knew that his number would be on the phone so he made that up. What is the deal with Webb? Married? Were he and Steven friends? Maybe they were both doing something they shouldn't and Webb won't share b/c then he is found out. I think that Webb can clear a lot of this up.

AND were there any messages on the phone when the family/police were able to check it? Were any of the messages from before Monday? If the person called the actual voice mail number, they would most certainly have to enter a password, so that means that it was Steven right? If there were still messages, that means that they were not able to get through and that it wasn't Steven and someone was possibly trying to make sure there were not any messages on the phone for anyone to hear. WHICH means that even though the numbers "check out", someone Steven knows is definitely involved in his disappearance or knows what he's been "up to". I believe this is why everyone is so quiet.

I don't think it would be too bold to suggest maybe he had a problem with *advertiser censored*, so he didn't have INTERNET access readily available as trying to avoid it. Maybe this is why he was dismissed from the paper. They found that he was using the computer to look at *advertiser censored*. I know a lot of people, who just looked at an email (sexually charges) they were sent by a friend, and they were quietly walked out the door. I am sure the paper would want to respect his privacy being that it could be embarrassing, etc.

We know he didn't get a hotel room, didn't stay with family, and no one has taken credit for him being with them the night before he went missing. Being that he lived alone, there is no reason that he would not want to be at home. So he stayed somewhere for FREE. Where was Webb that night? If Webb was at a hotel, maybe he paid. IF he slept in his car...where did he do that and why?

For that matter, maybe it was Webb picking up or meeting Steven, which is the reason for his phone call. That would make sense with the timing...right?

I do not believe that Stephen planned on being gone, but I DO believe that he was doing something he should not have been. Something sinister/immoral/dishonest I can't fathom what...but certainly one of those, hence the reason no one knows what he did with all his time.

Naegle, has anyone met his boss????? Maybe windows was a cover for something else???? Did Webb work for the same man???? What is the company he was working for? Does anyone have a flier so we can check it out? Even if Steven wasn't the one to benefit from whatever he was doing, doesn't mean he wouldn't do "something" for a price.

Again, he didn't have debt, but he also didn't have any money. He didn't have $400 for his rent and if the police called his parents to report his car, sounds like it was in his parents name. That is highly unusual for a "regular" Joe with a college degree.

I'm LDS, but I am also practical. There is way more to this than we even know. The car was a fluke that has led to "bigger and better" things. I think he was going there for "something". "Something" that he was deeply involved in and possibly wanted out of, but that "something" ended differently than he had planned. Unless the person who checked the messages was successful and actually erased messages, I do believe Steven has probably met his demise. If they were checked, Stephen was forced to give up the password, or he is still alive roaming around and checked his messages one last time to erase anything that he didn't want anyone to hear because he figured if he left, he didn't need to leave his dirty laundry behind also.

Ugh...that was long and wordy. But all things I thought about during the day. I think I should quit my current job and become a PI. Not that I am good, I just enjoy the chase.

Thoughts????

... If the person called the actual voice mail number, they would most certainly have to enter a password, so that means that it was Steven right?

Not necessarily. Some phones have a button to check voicemail. No password required.

There is no doubt in my mind that Webb knows more than he has reported. It is way to big a coincidence that two guys who know each other are in a different state at the same time speaking over the phone together but they know nothing about what the other is doing. Not likely.

Right now the only two leads I can really see clearly worth pursuing given what we know are Webb and/or someone on Evening Lights.

Not to say the rest of the conjectures aren't useful. They potentially fill in gaps and create shortcuts to the truth.

I just watched the videos again. I don't see how whatever he holding is a "portfolio" any more than it is a jacket. Was he known to carry a "portfolio"? If it is a jacket it means he was meeting someone and he was planning on being gone late enough in the day to need a jacket.

If he is meeting someone in a car at noon and he gets there before them (which I think is safe to assume because he waits in his car for 4 minutes) why doesn't the car just pull up beside him and he jump in? There would also be communication between the two of them.

If he is meeting someone at a house it makes sense that he would wait until the time of the appointment before getting out of the car. Which he did. The location of his car is not RANDOM! If it's not someone that lives there it is surely someone that has been there multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77