NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that people have to bring their crude ads/photos to a missing
person facebook.

laytonian - are you able to remove that last one?

person facebook.

They are the lowest of the low.

person facebook.

I have no access to that page, other than reporting problems (like anyone else). I'll see if I can figure out how to report the problem; looks like there's four pr0n images now.

I have no access to that page, other than reporting problems (like anyone else). I'll see if I can figure out how to report the problem; looks like there's four pr0n images now.

That is my point, we at WS monitor the FB more than all of those 24 administrators do. This isn't the first time we have found garbage on there.

That is my point, we at WS monitor the FB more than all of those 24 administrators do. This isn't the first time we have found garbage on there.

I know. It usually hits on weekends (the same as Usenet newsgroups spam does), because spammers know that there's fewer people on duty then.

I just wish they'd take turns looking at it; it's the least they could do.

I know. It usually hits on weekends (the same as Usenet newsgroups spam does), because spammers know that there's fewer people on duty then.

I just wish they'd take turns looking at it; it's the least they could do.

I agree it is the least they could do. Maybe throw an up-date the odd time. It is a pretty lame missing person page. Heck if people close to Steven aren't even taking an interest. Well you know what I think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

I agree it is the least they could do. Maybe throw an up-date the odd time. It is a pretty lame missing person page. Heck if people close to Steven aren't even taking an interest. Well you know what I think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

just dropped by to see whats going on ...... hmmmm?.....same stuff different day . . . .:snail:

LOL, Ding. I know same ole.

Even dogs get thrown a bone sometimes.

a while back i mentioned i knew the people who started the bogus "reliable tip" to start a search and their M.O. and how i was going to have a discussion with them about their ethics. but i guess the post was too "aggressive" and it was removed. but i still "spoke" with them.

at times like this i think of two sayings - something about "beating a dead horse with a stick" and "letting sleeping dogs lie"

till next time . . . :lick:

Good Morning and thank you for the clean-up on aisle 3...!

This is quite humbling to consider the fact that all our hard work may be worthless. Then I remind myself that it was a WSer who created the timeline, which no doubt has been helpful to the PI and family. I remind myself that a handful of local Wsers volunteered for the search, and that more than likely we would do it again if asked.

Why isn’t there any sort of update on WS or Facebook? A statement from the PI or family would be greatly appreciated.

I’m beginning to wonder if the PI has asked the family, and others not to make any statements. Which is understandable, yet it would sure be nice to know this.

Some of you may not know this, but a handful of us local Wsers were chastised by the PI at the search in regard to the questioning that occurred on WS just prior to the search. This rubbed me wrong. IMO we have the right to question authority.

BBM-what was the subject matter that upset the PI so much?

1.) If Steven walked away and decided to stay in Las Vegas, would he have chosen to hang out on or near a college campus? I think he looked pretty young, and I wonder if he would have blended in a little more easily with lots of college kids and grad students rather than with homeless folks.

2.) If Steven chose to walk away and leave Nevada, I wonder if he would have headed to TX? Didnt he have close friends there? I wonder if they would have hidden him.

TIA!!!

1.) If Steven walked away and decided to stay in Las Vegas, would he have chosen to hang out on or near a college campus? I think he looked pretty young, and I wonder if he would have blended in a little more easily with lots of college kids and grad students rather than with homeless folks.

2.) If Steven chose to walk away and leave Nevada, I wonder if he would have headed to TX? Didnt he have close friends there? I wonder if they would have hidden him.

TIA!!!

Hi....I don't want to sound totally negative as we need some fresh ideas,
but I don't think he could have hidden on a college campus in LV. The milk cartons with his picture were widely distributed. Maybe a change of
appearance....brown hair and a beard...would be enough to hide in
plain sight.

There are good friends in TX, but their parents are also friends of the Koecher
family. That would not be much of a life....hiding for 5 months so that your
friend's parents did not call your parents.

http://www.standard.net/topics/safe...ahns-picture-milk-carton-utah-southern-nevada

Here is one of the links to SK's picture on the half gallon. I can see why this one was chosen-I am sure that it (perhaps) best resembled SK when he was last seen in the video...clean cut.

But, what if he looks more like the SK from some of the facebook photos where he is more casual and scruffy, with the ball cap on? I wonder how many people who bought half gallons of milk live on or around college campuses to begin with, then notice the back of the carton and then would compare it to SK??? :waitasec:

I think you are correct about the liklihood of SK traveling to TX and being hidden by friends of his parents....

http://www.standard.net/topics/safe...ahns-picture-milk-carton-utah-southern-nevada

Here is one of the links to SK's picture on the half gallon. I can see why this one was chosen-I am sure that it (perhaps) best resembled SK when he was last seen in the video...clean cut.

But, what if he looks more like the SK from some of the facebook photos where he is more casual and scruffy, with the ball cap on? I wonder how many people who bought half gallons of milk live on or around college campuses to begin with, then notice the back of the carton and then would compare it to SK??? :waitasec:

I think you are correct about the liklihood of SK traveling to TX and being hidden by friends of his parents....

This was news to me:

"(Steven) told people he would be back."

Who do you suppose he told? the article was last edited in Feb...

Good question. I don't think this was ever discussed---as much as I can remember.

It is a direct quote-I wonder if it is in context?? I will check in with the writer of the article....
brb.

I sent an email. I will post if I receive anything back from the writer or the paper...

How would a missing person "hang out" on a college campus?

TIA!!!

Yes, he has friends there -- and his best friend from Amarillo came to Vegas to help search for him on Apr 10th.

Why hide him?
Hide him from what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members