NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Very true.

2. I don't think so. He had 3 people that we know of as contacts with the LV area. GW, JZ, and his cousin. Do you know others that we don't know about?

3. I realize not everyone agrees with me. That's OK.

But the fact of Z, music/media, geneaology, plane/Henderson airport, business/house --location of pings....I'll look into it a little further just to satisfy myself. I haven't check the genealogical side of Z yet.

Of people we know he had direct contact with, that's true. But we don't know how many former teachers, retired bishops, college and work chums, parents and siblings of college and work chums, people he would like to work for, people he would have something in common with if he met them at a barbecue, etc. etc. etc.

Z is a surprisingly common name. There are a several of them in New England, even.

Certainly the things you've found are suggestive, but it's easy to jump to conclusions...

I have nothing bad to suggest about the LL's, and the post made by them early on is very touching, should be much appreciated by family I would hope, but when there are ten calls from LL starting from evening of disappearance for next couple of days, what triggered that? Hopefully they can fill us in on that.

How many calls had they made in days prior to disappearance? Was it because they came to stay at house next day and were calling evening before to tell him? Or they came because they couldn't reach him to check his room, which they did?

Was there a lot of pressure being put on him, including inadvertantly by his dad in recent call, to where he felt like he had to come up with some money somehow that could change his usual behavior? Or that he felt he had nowhere to go but back home and angry at his parents for even discussing it and trying to help him, so felt like a total failure, perhaps some religious thing about the theoretical judging of inadequate potential wives blah blah blah.

With all the secrecy of his whereabouts and communications and anger at his parents for just being concerned and trying to help him, I am having a hard time seeing Steven Koecher as an innocent victim of anything.

It's a mystery, and as such a challenge, but the pressure Steven put on himself just may have been too much.

rd

Guys - help me to remember something we discussed long ago.

Remember the possible Best Buy sighting? And wasn't there also a possible Home Depot sighting? I don't think we were ever able to find out for sure which location Steven's dad went to to view the tapes, but I do recall determining that there was a Best Buy and a Home Depot in the same general location in Henderson. There is a Best Buy on Marks St. and a Home Depot on Sunset. Much closer to Whitney Ranch than to SCA.

I've tried to do a map - but that never works for me. Hope it does this time!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....067625,-115.03561&spn=0.038575,0.090551&z=14

Remember the possible Best Buy sighting? And wasn't there also a possible Home Depot sighting? I don't think we were ever able to find out for sure which location Steven's dad went to to view the tapes, but I do recall determining that there was a Best Buy and a Home Depot in the same general location in Henderson. There is a Best Buy on Marks St. and a Home Depot on Sunset. Much closer to Whitney Ranch than to SCA.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....067625,-115.03561&spn=0.038575,0.090551&z=14

The map works Fairy1 and I do remember the Best Buy/Home Depot.

Yes Fairy, the Home Depot & Best Buy are both on Marks St., right across the street from each other and it's only a couple of miles from Whitney Ranch area.

I couldn't remember when the time was about the "supposed sighting" of SK was though? Does anyone remember?

I couldn't remember when the time was about the "supposed sighting" of SK was though? Does anyone remember?

Not sure when the exact "sighting" was, but RK went to view the Best Buy tape in mid-March. That's on the timeline. But nothing about the Home Depot sighting. I was afraid I'd imagined that!

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that...it wasn't a "supposed sighting" I believe SK was supposably seen on Home Depot & Best Buy's surveillance camera's but when RK went to see the tapes he couldn't even recognize himself on the tapes let alone SK one the surveillance tapes?

Not sure when the exact "sighting" was, but RK went to view the Best Buy tape in mid-March. That's on the timeline. But nothing about the Home Depot sighting. I was afraid I'd imagined that!
I was probably typing my last post when you were posting...so the surveillance tape was just at Best Buy then?

I was probably typing my last post when you were posting...so the surveillance tape was just at Best Buy then?

Yes - and I don't recall much discussion about the Home Depot sighting.

We never did learn the locations - geographically - of these possible sightings, so maybe it's a stretch to tie into the Whitney Ranch area. But it's interesting.

As you know, there are TONS of stores and restaurants in this area. If he has been around there, he could easily have appeared on hundreds of surveillance videos over the past 5 months. Maybe some flyers need to go up over there. Hmmmmm.

Good job on map Fairy.

you did not include Mormons and who can count the number of them in the LV area?

Just so you have some idea, going to an internet white pages, if you use the Z last name for the LV area, I came up with 17 matches. There is no indication any of them are related to the Z of St. George and considering that Steven and Z were just housemates who shared almost nothing in common, I personally don't see any connection there.
Using the last known boss's last name H, there are over 300 in the LV area alone.

Vegas is a major entertainment mecca so there are probably hundreds, if not more, music promoters in the region.

Of people we know he had direct contact with, that's true. But we don't know how many former teachers, retired bishops, college and work chums, parents and siblings of college and work chums, people he would like to work for, people he would have something in common with if he met them at a barbecue, etc. etc. etc.

Z is a surprisingly common name. There are a several of them in New England, even.

Certainly the things you've found are suggestive, but it's easy to jump to conclusions...

If we take all the Mormons, and every person he has known in his lifetime and try to connect them to LV....we had better quit right now.
I'm suggesting someone with a possible connection to the roommate...someone we know had connections to LV.

On another note. I have yet to find an AN in Ruby Valley or SLC. I've found a JN

I'm sorry, let me rephrase that...it wasn't a "supposed sighting" I believe SK was supposably seen on Home Depot & Best Buy's surveillance camera's but when RK went to see the tapes he couldn't even recognize himself on the tapes let alone SK one the surveillance tapes?

Remember, everyone, there was an "interesting" sub-timeline on that particular tip?

After the Feb 26th family press conference in Vegas (where the reward was announced), someone called in the Best Buy/Home Depot tip --- BUT they also said that it had happened in late January. The Clipper.

Really. What's the chance of THAT? You see someone in Home Depot or Best Buy, and a month later (after a reward is announced), you "remember" that you saw that face in Home Depot or Best Buy a month ago?

If we take all the Mormons, and every person he has known in his lifetime and try to connect them to LV....we had better quit right now.
I'm suggesting someone with a possible connection to the roommate...someone we know had connections to LV.

On another note. I have yet to find an AN in Ruby Valley or SLC. I've found a JN

Okay, I'm officially confused. I thought we were looking at the SB guy who might have an entertainment business that Steven might have been interested in.

Where is Whitney Ranch in relation to that person who might have been Steven that used to hang around an IHOP restaurant? I'm having trouble comparing the two maps...

Remember, everyone, there was an "interesting" sub-timeline on that particular tip?

After the Feb 26th family press conference in Vegas (where the reward was announced), someone called in the Best Buy/Home Depot tip --- BUT they also said that it had happened in late January. The Clipper.

Really. What's the chance of THAT? You see someone in Home Depot or Best Buy, and a month later (after a reward is announced), you "remember" that you saw that face in Home Depot or Best Buy a month ago?

That's right. But no one is going to get a reward for a possible "sighting" that leads to nothing. It's possible that the press coverage generated by the PC jogged someone's memory. That's what it was for!

Where is Whitney Ranch in relation to that person who might have been Steven that used to hang around an IHOP restaurant? I'm having trouble comparing the two maps...

If you look at the map, you can see Boulder Highway to the right. It runs from Henderson into Vegas. The IHOP is on Boulder Highway and Flamingo. I'll try to map it!

I thought and I just confirmed by reading past articles that TH specifically is quoted saying that Steven did not have a job for him that day when asked by whoever questioned him.

True, because TH's business doesn't work in Nevada -- so passing out flyers in SCA would have been silly. Plus, we know Steven didn't do that. No one had a flyer.

BUT...TH didn't call SK until Sunday evening -- which sounds like he was just asking about the next day's work schedule (ie, passing out flyers).

Okay, I'm officially confused. I thought we were looking at the SB guy who might have an entertainment business that Steven might have been interested in.

Correct, but the connection to SB was possibly thru TZ, who is CFO of his business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7