NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if SK turned his phone off during his meeting/assignation/wandering?

What if SK turned his phone off during his meeting/assignation/wandering?

That's what I'm leaning towards.
It looks like he turned it off two hours before the car was parked.

Was he driving around, looking for a place to hide the car?
Possible.
Was he told to turn the phone off, while following directions to an address?
Possible.

I see one other possibility: the phone was silent, because everyone else he knew is LDS and they wouldn't be calling during "church time" on Sunday. They'd also believe HE was in church. If there's no activity, there's no tower hit for an incoming/outgoing call.

It makes sense he would turn it off then.

So in 6.5 hours, was he wandering around Vegas in a car, wandering around Vegas on foot, or???

Found it: May 30, 1970.

Thanks for going to the extra length Holly, but the date of birth I need
is the one for the Realtor involved in the Video at the disappearance
of Steven Koecher.
This link (timeline) is for missing Rachel Anderson.

The "realtor" seems legit enough, BUT, (there are a LOT of buts, imo)
and therefore, I'm very interested in seeing her dob.
She has a business link..which doesn't show it, and a connection to Las Vegas people with the same last name as her own, which gives me more curiosity about her and her veracity in this case.

leomoon.......:(

of Steven Koecher.

Can you tell us why the realtor's DOB is meaningful in this case?

That's what I'm leaning towards.
It looks like he turned it off two hours before the car was parked.

Was he driving around, looking for a place to hide the car?
Possible.
Was he told to turn the phone off, while following directions to an address?
Possible.

I see one other possibility: the phone was silent, because everyone else he knew is LDS and they wouldn't be calling during "church time" on Sunday. They'd also believe HE was in church. If there's no activity, there's no tower hit for an incoming/outgoing call.

I think he knows at least one someone who is not LDS or, if LDS, is not at Church. I would keep the phone on in the event of a call from him/her.

Now...the fact that the phone was off means that Steven had directions. He was not lost as to where to park or the address of the place he was going to.
Of course, you would have to be a believer of the fact that it was Steven on
the video going with purpose to meet someone for a 12 noon appointment...;)

Or...you might think he had driven around all morning and made a decision.
Pitch the phone, park in a safe neighborhood and walk out into the desert.
(Re the phone...would any of the remaining calls HAVE to be made by Steven?)

They were incoming, I believe unless those listed are not releasing that they spoke with him after 11AM Sunday morning....or received texts from him. Since the bulk of the calls were from LL and TH, well then that would put them front and center in the case if they actually heard FROM him I would think??

If it was a meeting for an employment opportunity of some kind, that is a Loooonnngggg meeting.

...and if we don't believe it was him, all day Sunday?

Open your minds, folks.

If EL was a dead-end street, I might be more suspicious of the people in those homes. But it's merely a street we saw a walking figure turn up and continue walking a bit ... towards any other street in Overlook Village. Or through the golf cart path.

ETA:
What I'm even MORE curious about now (with the phone record info), is why all the searches have been centered in the SCA area. Obviously LE had the information from the start, and so have the various investigators and family.

OK...why would he check his voicemail from calls missed from the LL and his boss? He knows what they are saying or asking for. Why make yourself more crazy by listening to the messages? He answered the call from SA, and we are pretty sure it was him right? So are you telling me the rest of the calls to voicemail were not him?

Why does the street have anything to do with whether or not that was him calling the VM? I can open my mind, but what are you asking me to open my mind to? That it wasn't someone on that street he was meeting? OK, I am open to that. But why does that take away from the fact the LL and his boss were calling and he was checking their messages. Again...why listen to messages saying "Where is my money?" WHY??? In my mind its because that is not what the messages were saying. We know they were the only ones calling, so its not like he was listening to messages from someone else. If he did not kill himself, which I don't believe he did, there is something in those messages that we don't know about and probably no one does if they were erased.

Unless you are asking me to open my mind and believe he was trying to make himself even more depressed, so while he walked down EL onto the golf course to kill himself he was depressed enough and when he maybe changed his mind on Monday he listened one last time to satisfy his feelings that his life sucked. ???? I am open to anything, but what are you asking me to be open to?

OK...why would he check his voicemail from calls missed from the LL and his boss? He knows what they are saying or asking for. Why make yourself more crazy by listening to the messages? He answered the call from SA, and we are pretty sure it was him right? So are you telling me the rest of the calls to voicemail were not him?

I'm saying we can't be certain it's him.

If you're checking VM, after your phone was off for awhile, maybe you don't even know what the calls are until you hear them? OR....you check to see if something else came in? Like a family call?

Why does the street have anything to do with whether or not that was him calling the VM? I can open my mind, but what are you asking me to open my mind to? That it wasn't someone on that street he was meeting? OK, I am open to that. But why does that take away from the fact the LL and his boss were calling and he was checking their messages. Again...why listen to messages saying "Where is my money?" WHY??? In my mind its because that is not what the messages were saying.

Bingo.
We know SK had worked out a plan with LL to do some work, to catch up on the rent. LL would have an interest in knowing that work was being done. Maybe the work was supposed to be done on the weekend. It may have been related to LL's job (which his wife did say involved traveling).

TH would have a more legit reason to call. "Are you going to work this week? I need to tell you where to go." "Where are you?" "Hey I just got a call about your car being found!"

We know they were the only ones calling, so its not like he was listening to messages from someone else.

We don't know that they were the only ones calling. He could very well have listened to other calls from other people, but all calls have been identified as coming from "known" people.

If he did not kill himself, which I don't believe he did, there is something in those messages that we don't know about and probably no one does if they were erased.

Even if the traces are erased off the phone, the messages are still in AT&T's memory. Several people have heard those messages.

Unless you are asking me to open my mind and believe he was trying to make himself even more depressed, so while he walked down EL onto the golf course to kill himself he was depressed enough and when he maybe changed his mind on Monday he listened one last time to satisfy his feelings that his life sucked. ???? I am open to anything, but what are you asking me to be open to?

Open wide ;)

I'm just saying that maybe we should consider the possibility that he walked up EL and turned the corner ... and that neighborhood is huge. There's still the possibility of that wrong turn, and he meant to turn on Evening Twilight (across Anthem Parkway), or walked down the golf cart path. I don't think Evening Lights is the only possibility, in a neighborhood so large (with only one outlet).

We've got a phone turned off two hours before we see "Steven" walking down the street. And turned off 4.5 hours after that video.

6.5 hours is a long time to be somewhere else.

I just realized I made a huge mistake that I need to go back and edit: the phone was (evidently) turned off for several hours on Dec 12th, too. :blushing: I don't know why I went down the wrong path there, because we knew there were no traces of him on the 12th, between the Overton hit and buying gas in Mesquite.

I think he knows at least one someone who is not LDS or, if LDS, is not at Church. I would keep the phone on in the event of a call from him/her.

Now...the fact that the phone was off means that Steven had directions. He was not lost as to where to park or the address of the place he was going to.
Of course, you would have to be a believer of the fact that it was Steven on
the video going with purpose to meet someone for a 12 noon appointment...;)

Or...you might think he had driven around all morning and made a decision.
Pitch the phone, park in a safe neighborhood and walk out into the desert.
(Re the phone...would any of the remaining calls HAVE to be made by Steven?)

As far as I can tell, the only remaining calls from the phone, were to voicemail.

Someone had the phone, and checked it. LIKELY Steven, BUT that's not proof.

Just catching up and a quick thought. If I am going to be away a while and "roaming" my phone battery gets killed with searching for the right tower. I typically will turn it off for long periods (especially when I'm not expecting someone to call) to save battery power. I don't think it's that weird that his phone was off...especially if he's driving around a lot and not really thinking anyone will try to get in touch with him. Or if he was avoiding calls. In which case, if my phone was off, I WOULD check my voicemail just to see if mom called ;)

As far as I can tell, the only remaining calls from the phone, were to voicemail.

Someone had the phone, and checked it. LIKELY Steven, BUT that's not proof.

Sorry...I do have some information on the calls that would have occurred
after the noon sighting....

12/13/09
4:36 pm - Pings off a tower called Arroyo Grande / American Pacific.

6:58 pm - UNKNOWN LOCATION! Cell tower named Whitney Ranch. Talking to Travis. Could be a text message due to the length of call (1 minute until next ping).

6:59 pm -UNKNOWN LOCATION! Hit off a tower called Henderson Store COW. COW towers are temp towers used to handle extra load. Unknown who he is talking to.

12/14/09
6:04 am - Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Sent or received a text message.

7:04 am - Voicemail check

I think there are more calls that are not accounted for here. I was under
the impression that there were lots of calls involving LL and TH.
laytonian - has family provided you with any additional calls?

Sorry...I do have some information on the calls that would have occurred after the noon sighting....

12/13/09

6:58 pm - UNKNOWN LOCATION! Cell tower named Whitney Ranch. Talking to Travis. Could be a text message due to the length of call (1 minute until next ping).

6:59 pm -UNKNOWN LOCATION! Hit off a tower called Henderson Store COW. COW towers are temp towers used to handle extra load. Unknown who he is talking to.

12/14/09
6:04 am - Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Sent or received a text message.

Those are the calls on swjaxon's MAP of the tower hits - right? He gave permission for the map to the posted on the timeline, and it has been.

No, the family hasn't provided me with any other call info.

Just catching up and a quick thought. If I am going to be away a while and "roaming" my phone battery gets killed with searching for the right tower. I typically will turn it off for long periods (especially when I'm not expecting someone to call) to save battery power. I don't think it's that weird that his phone was off...especially if he's driving around a lot and not really thinking anyone will try to get in touch with him. Or if he was avoiding calls. In which case, if my phone was off, I WOULD check my voicemail just to see if mom called ;)

That makes total sense and I do the same thing.

But he did have the phone on, on Sunday morning, while driving.

Maybe that means he was going to call in "absent" to church, but someone else called him about it first?

That makes total sense and I do the same thing.

But he did have the phone on, on Sunday morning, while driving.

Maybe that means he was going to call in "absent" to church, but someone else called him about it first?

Or maybe he was waiting for a call that never came? Directions? Instructions? Last minute changes? Leads me to think he was doing something important that he wanted to be sure he got right.

Now if only we could figure out what that was :confused:

of Steven Koecher.

The "realtor" seems legit enough, BUT, (there are a LOT of buts, imo)
and therefore, I'm very interested in seeing her dob.
She has a business link..which doesn't show it, and a connection to Las Vegas people with the same last name as her own, which gives me more curiosity about her and her veracity in this case.

This is the post I was answering. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

RT's birthdate. The owner of the business and owner of the property at the time of SK's disappearance; and yes there are many people with that last name in Henderson/LV. If she was not the "realtor" who actually showed the property then we have the wrong person, but from my understanding she is and the SUV shown on the video is shown parked in the drive at the other address belonging to her on Bing.

Sorry...I do have some information on the calls that would have occurred
after the noon sighting....

12/13/09

12/14/09

So I took the $100 mtg with TH to be their last contact. If there was a text or call why stress SA as the last "human" contact all this time? To me it would seem that the last contact from Steven was a text or call with TH. No one has said this till now...why?

That text or phone call is more important than the call with SA. If ATT had the voicemails still that are erased they'd have the text messages. Why wouldn't the family be as forthcoming with that information to reporters and at the press conference as they have been about the call from his "church" friends?
Doesn't make sense. All the sudden it's like the call with SA is not important....it's the call/text with TH.

Do we know how SK and TH met? Is the LL LDS? Where are you LL? We'd love some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon