NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following the case of an older lady who is missing from her home in Henderson, NV.....a bit over a month now. Not much here at all on WS, but
she has lots of friends in Henderson/LV as she is local.

Her friends and family are using facebook to communicate and support each other. I just read that there will be news coverage tonight of the nine
billboards scattered around the community with her picture and information

My first thought was "how wonderful"....."wish we had had that for Steven".

I know he had milk cartons, but I think you have to stay on it if you want results. The problem is he is not local to LV or to St. George. I think the
family wants a quiet search for some reason. Their idea is not the internet.
It is a PI and a detective. With RK in the newspaper business, there could have been news articles every day from the day the car was found.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Bill-and-Billie-Jean-James/121797297834832?v=wall

Imo we are getting boxed into what we are allowed to know or what other paths others want us to take. I will never get past when I go to the bank I park at the bank. When I visit a friend I park near the friend. And the path a phone takes is not always the path a person takes.

We were told that the driver of the white SUV was the daughter of the home owner, and a real estate agent. Her name, nor the real estate company's name was released. The address is 2639 SS. One can find the current owner (since 1/7/2010), and the previous owner, RT, on the Clark County Assessor webpage.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but does RT or the "previous owner"
have a Facebook acct. or a known date of birth?

Leomoon, Can't find a birthdate, just an age. 39 or 40.

Google's done a lot of stuff, but I'm not technically-interested in figuring it out. Maybe you're just the person?

I was just reading about cell phone triangulation. I don't think we'd have enough info, even with the tower IDs. We'd need to know all the other towers that hit his phone at the same time, to draw the circles.

yeah, and those aren't stored, just the one tower handling the call. Triangulation is only used by some carriers for a location feature. Is decently accurate if three towers can be seen and doesn't require GPS, but is just looked for and used when trying to fix location of cell phone. Done centrally by ping feedback from any towers that can see the cell phone at the time.

Not involved in anything other than the location feature of carriers that have that as a feature. Rapidly being replaced by real GPS now?

So you were right in your earlier post, don't have the information to pinpoint the cellphone that way.

rd

As I said in a previous post, I don't think he was in Whitney Ranch all morning. Or even the preceding night. Just because that one cellphone pinged "Pecos" does not mean he was in East Vegas near Whitney Ranch. He could have been way up at Craig and the I-15 in North Las Vegas. Pecos comes very close to the I-15 there and that is WAY FAR away from Whitney Ranch. Pecos is a long long street. I think when Jaxon wrote that the phone pinged "Pecos" he was taking for granted that it was E. Vegas because most of Pecos is in the East. But not all of it is. And really, we don't know where that ping happened, all we know is that it pinged off a tower titled "Pecos". Well, Pecos is like ten miles long and there are several towers near it.

And as I stated before, logistically, him going or being in Henderson early on Dec. 13 and then his phone pinging off a tower at Bermuda/Cactus two hours later makes no sense at all. I think the scenario I explained in my previous long post makes a lot more sense than him being way over in the East. Then he's near the Strip. Then he is way in the South. Remember: if he is planning to disappear, he would keep things simple. Not alot of driving. Little interaction with other people.

I realize there is something within all of us that wants Steven to be alive and to believe he left on his accord. But when a car is abandoned, the cell phone has vanished, the credit cards aren't being used, and the person has disappeared. . .the percentages have to be in the 99 percent range that the person is no longer alive. Especially after five months of people searching. That's just a fact. My goal is to find out why he is gone and who did it.

yeah, but I am saying he was in south Henderson all morning. That's a fact. The towers where the 8am and 10am calls were handled, and then parked on other side of road from towers at SCA.

And being there at 8am, I am saying imo he was there all night.

Not known to be in Whitney Ranch till checked VM at 4:36pm, and then was there through 7pm activity and 6am and 7am activity.

I don't see any indication he did anything but go into hiding with whoever he went to meet in Henderson. If that person murdered him next day or even later, I don't know, but he was obviously in no hurry to get back home and avoided answering multiple calls from landlords and boss.

He shows no indication of wanting to return home.

rd

This is something we discussed (and suggested) earlier: having the LDS Church do a "broadcast email" to all of their churches, with the alert about Steven being missing and including the poster as an attachment.

That way, they could forward it to their members OR at least post it on the bulletin board.

The website we non-members have access to, doesn't have email addresses.

BUT....we have some very good LDS members here who could start that ball rolling, because they'd know exactly how to start something like that.

Even as members we only have access to our home wards membership lists. Makes sense...could be used for a number of non-church activities if that was not the case.

what difference does it make? please :)

We were talking about whether the murderer would check voice mail next morning or not and why. Never got into whether the murderer was posing as SK's personal secretary by checking for his voice mails.

That's the difference it makes.

rd

I agree...if we believe it was Steven all day Sunday...then it seems logical it was him Monday. And I would love to know who was calling right before he was checking his messages...I think those messages or lack of, might give us information we have been looking for.

As I said in a previous post, I don't think he was in Whitney Ranch all morning. Or even the preceding night. Just because that one cellphone pinged "Pecos" does not mean he was in East Vegas near Whitney Ranch. He could have been way up at Craig and the I-15 in North Las Vegas. Pecos comes very close to the I-15 there and that is WAY FAR away from Whitney Ranch. Pecos is a long long street. I think when Jaxon wrote that the phone pinged "Pecos" he was taking for granted that it was E. Vegas because most of Pecos is in the East. But not all of it is. And really, we don't know where that ping happened, all we know is that it pinged off a tower titled "Pecos". Well, Pecos is like ten miles long and there are several towers near it.

And as I stated before, logistically, him going or being in Henderson early on Dec. 13 and then his phone pinging off a tower at Bermuda/Cactus two hours later makes no sense at all. I think the scenario I explained in my previous long post makes a lot more sense than him being way over in the East. Then he's near the Strip. Then he is way in the South. Remember: if he is planning to disappear, he would keep things simple. Not alot of driving. Little interaction with other people.

I realize there is something within all of us that wants Steven to be alive and to believe he left on his accord. But when a car is abandoned, the cell phone has vanished, the credit cards aren't being used, and the person has disappeared. . .the percentages have to be in the 99 percent range that the person is no longer alive. Especially after five months of people searching. That's just a fact. My goal is to find out why he is gone and who did it.

I agree with you. If he was a suicide why take the cell phone & car keys? In all honesty, how could he run off? He had nothing. Did he find a lover & run off with this person? He had no prospects and that limits the type of people that would interact with him.

Since he didn't like worldly people, I doubt he took a bus away from his Morman family & friends. He would really be in the world if he'd done that!

In the final analysis, there's only one possibility and that is he was murdered. Right there in SCA or taken away. Nothing else makes sense.

yeah, but I am saying he was in south Henderson all morning. That's a fact. The towers where the 8am and 10am calls were handled, and then parked on other side of road from towers at SCA.

And being there at 8am, I am saying imo he was there all night.

Not known to be in Whitney Ranch till checked VM at 4:36pm, and then was there through 7pm activity and 6am and 7am activity.

I don't see any indication he did anything but go into hiding with whoever he went to meet in Henderson. If that person murdered him next day or even later, I don't know, but he was obviously in no hurry to get back home and avoided answering multiple calls from landlords and boss.

He shows no indication of wanting to return home.

rd

In the final analysis, there's only one possibility and that is he was murdered. Right there in SCA or taken away. Nothing else makes sense.
This is like the case of a twelve year old secretly dating an 18 year old and then they either run off or he kills her. It doesn't much matter which, in terms of finding her. Because it was a secret, the normal trail of facts is purposely hidden and life is put at risk. It becomes much harder to uncover what happened.

To me it doesn't look work related. It doesn't look church related. It looks romantic or side business.

All opinion, of course. :cow:

People are way overestimating the amount of effort, planning, and foresight it takes to say, "*advertiser censored** it all, it's not worth it, I'm leaving."

You just start walking. Put out your thumb for a ride. Bum a lunch. Do a little work for cash or a tip. Sleep behind a shed. You're off the grid and out of touch with the world. No email, no nothing. Maybe you have a destination or maybe you just want to enjoy the freedom for a while.

No accomplice required. No lover. No planning. Nothing. You're just gone.

Indeed, Carbuff, many have done so. Especially those who have been just plain unhappy with their lives -- just go -- and keep going

p.s. I can't ever, ever see myself doing such a thing -- but then, never say never. Who knows what the limits are of each individual's ability to carry life's burdens.

The thing is, the world is big when you are looking for one person. Vegas is huge when looking for one person. You can put someone on a milk carton or on flyers and people can pass right by that person.

If there is an overwhelming feeling that SK is deceased by those who are closest to him, I respect that however. Because these people know him well enough to know his capabilities. And if they do not believe he is capable of a disappearing act, then they have the exposure and the history that would back up that belief.

So, the focus changes at least for me. It becomes about trying to discover what brought him to where he was so he can be found. And the answer is inside SCA. There is no doubt in my mind. The answer is on EL possibly. There is a finite number of possible people who might then be part of this equation. So what can we do that LE cannot do or is not interested in doing???

I agree...if we believe it was Steven all day Sunday...then it seems logical it was him Monday. And I would love to know who was calling right before he was checking his messages...I think those messages or lack of, might give us information we have been looking for.

...and if we don't believe it was him, all day Sunday?

Open your minds, folks.

If EL was a dead-end street, I might be more suspicious of the people in those homes. But it's merely a street we saw a walking figure turn up and continue walking a bit ... towards any other street in Overlook Village. Or through the golf cart path.

ETA:
What I'm even MORE curious about now (with the phone record info), is why all the searches have been centered in the SCA area. Obviously LE had the information from the start, and so have the various investigators and family.

Open your minds, folks.

If EL was a dead-end street, I might be more suspicious of the people in those homes. But it's merely a street he could have walked up ... towards any other street in Overlook Village. Or through the golf cart path.

Are there any pings between noon - when he walked into the videos - and 4:36 pm? If there were, we might know where he and his phone were located.....and whether he walked through the golf cart path...or off toward another location in Henderson/LV.

There is not enough information available to us to make big decisions about anything. It takes talking about and muddling through each little detail.

Open your minds, folks.

If EL was a dead-end street, I might be more suspicious of the people in those homes. But it's merely a street we saw a walking figure turn up and continue walking a bit ... towards any other street in Overlook Village. Or through the golf cart path.

ETA:
What I'm even MORE curious about now (with the phone record info), is why all the searches have been centered in the SCA area. Obviously LE had the information from the start, and so have the various investigators and family.

BBM-I wonder whatelse they have that would cause them to choose to focus there?

OK-so you appear to disagree that SK had his phone. What is your theory then?

Open your minds, folks.

ETA:
What I'm even MORE curious about now (with the phone record info), is why all the searches have been centered in the SCA area. Obviously LE had the information from the start, and so have the various investigators and family.[/quote]

BBM-I wonder whatelse they have that would cause them to choose to focus there?

OK-so you appear to disagree that SK had his phone. What is your theory then?

I'm not disagreeing. I'm saying we don't have enough information to tell us that it was him holding the phone until it went dead. I'm also saying that we've spent months focusing on one short little street (EL) just because we see someone walk up it.

He could have gone anywhere in that subdivision. Or left it on foot. From whichever direction he came into it, he'd have passed retail areas. One call to a cab company from a pay phone and whoosh....he's gone.

Those who believe in a crime scenario, might think about a perp believing the phone was a source of information.

Those who believe he was a walkaway, would think that he somehow found his way to the opposite end of Henderson, with the phone.

Those who believe in a suicide, could visualize him further up in those hills, with the phone hitting on the various towers it could reach - while he occasionally checked to see if THE call came in, or if he was in some kind of trouble.

Are there any pings between noon - when he walked into the videos - and 4:36 pm? If there were, we might know where he and his phone were located.....and whether he walked through the golf cart path...or off toward another location in Henderson/LV.

No, there's not. There's nothing between the call from SA and 4:36pm. No pings. No calls in or out. Just a 6.5 hour gap.

I think that's significant, because there's no other day anything like that occurred.

BIG WHOOPS: It's significant, because it ALSO occurred on Dec 12th (no pings, no calls between the Overton hit and two hours AFTER he shopped at K-Mart. There is no other day, even while travelling, that we see such a gap that week.

(Yes, I am rightfully embarrassed about making this mistake.)

There is not enough information available to us to make big decisions about anything. It takes talking about and muddling through each little detail.

I think so, too. Right now, I'm focusing on nothing (the gap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon