NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are making me work...

In looking at the ping doc again, I found some stuff that I overlooked. Might be interesting, might not. I'll also post the site ID's to see if you guys can come up with something. I have been unsuccessful in finding out where the towers are.

The new info is this: There are fields in the document called First CGI Site and Last CGI Site. I'm guessing this is pretty self-explanatory (First CGI is the tower when the ping starts, Last CGI is the tower when the ping ends). In a couple of cases, the ping starts on one tower and ends on another. Forgive me for overlooking these.

I'm going to start from the top of the calls listed on the map.

• 12/12/2009 8:20 a.m. Overton: Site name LSVGNVL032

• 12/12/2009 9:02 & 9:34 p.m. St. George: WEBB HILL -- Site name SLKCUTU5225

• 12/13/2009 7:52 a.m. Pecos: NEW INFO -- Ping begins on Pecos -- Site name NVLVU0020 ends on a tower called Rocket -- Site name NVLVU0294

• 12/13/2009 9:53 a.m. Bermuda/Cactus: NEW INFO Ping starts on a tower called SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS -- Site name NVLVU0522_2 ends on Bermuda & Cactus -- Site name NVLVU0650_2

• 12/13/2009 4:36 p.m. Arroyo Grande / American Pacific: NEW INFO Ping starts on a tower called Whitney Ranch -- Site name LSVGNVL102_2 and ends at Arroyo Grande & American Pacific -- Site name LSVGNVL483_2

• 12/13/2009 6:58 p.m. Whitney Ranch: Site name LSVGNVL102_2

• 12/13/2009 6:59 p.m. Henderson Store COW: Site name NVLVU0105_2

• 12/14/2009 6:04 a.m. I-515 & Russell: Site name NVLVU0450_2

So I took the $100 mtg with TH to be their last contact. If there was a text or call why stress SA as the last "human" contact all this time? To me it would seem that the last contact from Steven was a text or call with TH. No one has said this till now...why?

That text or phone call is more important than the call with SA. If ATT had the voicemails still that are erased they'd have the text messages. Why wouldn't the family be as forthcoming with that information to reporters and at the press conference as they have been about the call from his "church" friends?
Doesn't make sense. All the sudden it's like the call with SA is not important....it's the call/text with TH.

Do we know how SK and TH met? Is the LL LDS? Where are you LL? We'd love some input.

Cell phone ping information available to all of us.....
Timeline - Monday, 12/14/09 - map of the cell phone pings - click on blue markers for additional information.

I think there is still more to be had....but that is just my opinion.

Like how do we know on one call that it is TH and nothing on other calls?

http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/home/koecher-html

ETA: I agree with you about the newest contact information. TH was last known to have given SK
$100 around the 8th....and I sure thought that was the last known contact. Now we have something that says....maybe not....maybe TH can tell us that SK was alive and using his phone at 6:58 pm Sunday evening.

You guys are making me work...

In looking at the ping doc again, I found some stuff that I overlooked. Might be interesting, might not. I'll also post the site ID's to see if you guys can come up with something. I have been unsuccessful in finding out where the towers are.

The new info is this: There are fields in the document called First CGI Site and Last CGI Site. I'm guessing this is pretty self-explanatory (First CGI is the tower when the ping starts, Last CGI is the tower when the ping ends). In a couple of cases, the ping starts on one tower and ends on another. Forgive me for overlooking these.

I'm going to start from the top of the calls listed on the map.

• 12/12/2009 8:20 a.m. Overton: Site name LSVGNVL032

• 12/13/2009 7:52 a.m. Pecos: NEW INFO -- Ping begins on Pecos -- Site name NVLVU0020 ends on a tower called Rocket -- Site name NVLVU0294

• 12/13/2009 9:53 a.m. Bermuda/Cactus: NEW INFO Ping starts on a tower called SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS -- Site name NVLVU0522_2 ends on Bermuda & Cactus -- Site name NVLVU0650_2

• 12/13/2009 4:36 p.m. Arroyo Grande / American Pacific: NEW INFO Ping starts on a tower called Whitney Ranch -- Site name LSVGNVL102_2 and ends at Arroyo Grande & American Pacific -- Site name LSVGNVL483_2

• 12/13/2009 6:58 p.m. Whitney Ranch: Site name LSVGNVL102_2

• 12/13/2009 6:59 p.m. Henderson Store COW: Site name NVLVU0105_2

• 12/14/2009 6:04 a.m. I-515 & Russell: Site name NVLVU0450_2

I've tried "LSVGNVL032" in every logical search field, and can't get anything to come up.

If you have Site IDs, that might work. On the atttower.com site, they're five-digit numbers. Site ID: 10456

The first part of the site name looks like initials indicating Las Vegas, NV.

Like how do we know on one call that it is TH and nothing on other calls?

Strictly an oversite. I've updated the map to reflect the phone number owner associated with each ping (with the exception of the Henderson COW tower. No details there.).

I've tried "LSVGNVL032" in every logical search field, and can't get anything to come up.

If you have Site IDs, that might work. On the atttower.com site, they're five-digit numbers. Site ID: 10456

No five digit numbers associated with the sites on my list.

If you leave off the letters and the underscore, there are five digits. Would that work?

Strictly an oversite. I've updated the map to reflect the phone number owner associated with each ping (with the exception of the Henderson COW tower. No details there.).

Okay WS posters....time to go back to the Ping map. We now have
12/13/2009 -- 4:36 p.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 6 minutes ago
Pings off a tower called Arroyo Grande / American Pacific. Call or text from landlord.

12/13/2009 -- 6:58 p.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 2 days ago
UNKNOWN LOCATION! Cell tower named Whitney Ranch. Talking to Travis. Could be a text message due to the length of call (1 minute until next ping).

12/14/2009 -- 6:04 a.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 5 minutes ago
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord. Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

This is probably the only easy one; the map shows several towers at that location. If you want to place it on your map, it's at:

37.063709,-113.574541

ETA:
I put those coordinates in atttowers.com, with a 5-mile radius just to be sure, and it turned up nothing.
Maybe we have limited access?

People are way overestimating the amount of effort, planning, and foresight it takes to say, "*advertiser censored** it all, it's not worth it, I'm leaving."

You just start walking. Put out your thumb for a ride. Bum a lunch. Do a little work for cash or a tip. Sleep behind a shed. You're off the grid and out of touch with the world. No email, no nothing. Maybe you have a destination or maybe you just want to enjoy the freedom for a while.

No accomplice required. No lover. No planning. Nothing. You're just gone.

For interests sake in response to this post - these articles were posted on Eric Wales' thread and make for a VERY interesting read on how it can be quite difficult to just disappear, especially when people are trying to find you...

http://www.wired.com/vanish/2009/08/gone-forever-what-does-it-take-to-really-disappear/

http://www.wired.com/vanish/2009/11/ff_vanish2/

Okay WS posters....time to go back to the Ping map. We now have
12/13/2009 -- 4:36 p.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 6 minutes ago
Pings off a tower called Arroyo Grande / American Pacific. Call or text from landlord.

12/13/2009 -- 6:58 p.m.
Last Updated by Stephen 2 days ago
UNKNOWN LOCATION! Cell tower named Whitney Ranch. Talking to Travis. Could be a text message due to the length of call (1 minute until next ping).

Last Updated by Stephen 5 minutes ago
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord.
Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

bbm

That seems very early for a LL to call. What would be so important you would call at that time?

For interests sake in response to this post - these articles were posted on Eric Wales' thread and make for a VERY interesting read on how it can be quite difficult to just disappear, especially when people are trying to find you...

http://www.wired.com/vanish/2009/08/gone-forever-what-does-it-take-to-really-disappear/

http://www.wired.com/vanish/2009/11/ff_vanish2/

We talked about Ratliff early on; he was fairly easy to find because (1) his "disappearance" was announced in advance and (2) he ended up leaving a trail.

But if you're an anonymous kinda guy, with a five-day head start on everyone, I think it'd be easier.

Still seems early. Especially when they were told he would catch up on the rent.

'cept that was what....a week before? IF Steven's father told LL that they'd be depositing money in the family account for SK to use to pay the rent (and it obviously didn't happen), LL could think SK skipped out with his $$.

This was the weekend the LL seemed to be south of St George, and had stopped in at the house to spend the night (peeking in SK's room in the morning of the 14th)...."on the way home".

LL's time zone is an hour later. So 7:04am to him, was 6:04am to SK.

The 14th was the day the LL went through St. George on their way home and stayed at the house and "peeked into SK's room".
Do we know if those trips were from Orem to LV and back?
Would LL have been in LV?

question about the last pin on the map:

Last Updated by Stephen 47 minutes ago
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord. Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

Does that mean the voicemail pinged the same location, or we don't know where the voicemain pinged?

The 14th was the day the LL went through St. George on their way home and stayed at the house and "peeked into SK's room".
Do we know if those trips were from Orem to LV and back?
Would LL have been in LV?

It makes sense that "on the way back" would mean they were driving north to St George on their way home from somewhere, because you wouldn't backtrack just to stay overnight in the house. And there really aren't any east/west destinations out of St George OR Vegas.

But we don't know; it was one of those comments that we didn't initially catch the significance of the date, and only read what she said about his room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon