NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been ruled out that there was a shutoff of cellphone anticipated by SK due to missed payment, overage on minutes, etc.? It is unusual for anyone to care enough about voice mails to check for them (at least once or twice after not answering the phone, then checking voice mail immediately, correct?), but not enough to recharge the phone. Anyone who had access to SK would have access to his car and apartment.

It would also be almost unheard of to lure someone to a location linked to you, then not move their car away from that location after murdering them. We've talked about an empty rental, etc., but person would have to know about it yet not be linked to it. That's a real tightrope to walk in trying to figure out how a murderer did this.

rd

Steven was on a family phone plan, so he would not have to worry about a missed payment. This is why I think he had another way to communicate, or else his family would know every call he made. He had no privacy with that phone.

Has it been ruled out that there was a shutoff of cellphone anticipated by SK due to missed payment, overage on minutes, etc.? It is unusual for anyone to care enough about voice mails to check for them (at least once or twice after not answering the phone, then checking voice mail immediately, correct?), but not enough to recharge the phone. Anyone who had access to SK would have access to his car and apartment.

It would also be almost unheard of to lure someone to a location linked to you, then not move their car away from that location after murdering them. We've talked about an empty rental, etc., but person would have to know about it yet not be linked to it. That's a real tightrope to walk in trying to figure out how a murderer did this.

rd

I probably have to check voicemail more often than not right after I get a call. By the time I get my messenger bag out, unfasten the flap, and unzip the compartment, the other person has been routed to voice mail.

Granted I'm clumsier than the average, but still.

rd

It's not unheard of to say that murderers make mistakes all the time, and sometimes, miss the obvious.
They make mistakes often, hence get caught.

It could be that someone was far more concerned (perhaps), with being spotted in the missing person's automobile, while moving it!

Perhaps they even knew there was a video camera there in the neighborhood, IF they had a connection to that neighborhood.

The old saying, "hindsight is 20-20 " comes to mind.
Leomoon

It's not unheard of to say that murderers make mistakes all the time, and sometimes, miss the obvious.
They make mistakes often, hence get caught.

It could be that someone was far more concerned (perhaps), with being spotted in the missing person's automobile, while moving it!

Perhaps they even knew there was a video camera there in the neighborhood, IF they had a connection to that neighborhood.

The old saying, "hindsight is 20-20 " comes to mind.
Leomoon

Good point.

Also, even if SK was murdered in the Las Vegas area, that doesn't have to mean he was lured there. He might have gone for a perfectly legitimate reason, then met foul play, perhaps somebody else starting a fight, or a fatal accident that was covered up (falling down a stairwell and breaking his neck, for instance). Depending on where he was, the perp might not even know SK had a car parked in EL.

Do you suppose SK might have been in Henderson to help somebody move? He might have parked the car so he could drive or travel in a rented U-Haul or in the other person's car. Maybe a relative of a friend, or something. That's something that might even be a "$100, free meal, and gas" payment.

I notice that there's a large storage facility just off the intersection of I-515 and Russell where the last two pings came from.

Extra Space Storage - Self Storage Henderson
1051 North Stephanie Street
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 436-6066

If you Google directions from Savannah Springs to the storage facility, it looks like you'd be going in the vicinity of most of those towers.

What happened after? That I couldn't begin to guess.

Do you suppose SK might have been in Henderson to help somebody move? He might have parked the car so he could drive or travel in a rented U-Haul or in the other person's car. Maybe a relative of a friend, or something. That's something that might even be a "$100, free meal, and gas" payment.

I notice that there's a large storage facility just off the intersection of I-515 and Russell where the last two pings came from.

Whatever he was doing there they are either not saying because they were involved or they helped him walk away from his life. I tend to think it was the former.

Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 436-6066

If you Google directions from Savannah Springs to the storage facility, it looks like you'd be going in the vicinity of most of those towers.

There are several storage areas in that general area. I used to have a storage unit at the U-Haul on Russell Road just at the intersection of the freeway. I was over in that area today for other reasons, but found myself looking at people just to see if anyone looked like Steven. Of course I don't know if I would actually recognize him if he were right in front of me, but I figured I'd at least try to pay more attention to the people around me.

Good point.

Also, even if SK was murdered in the Las Vegas area, that doesn't have to mean he was lured there. He might have gone for a perfectly legitimate reason, then met foul play, perhaps somebody else starting a fight, or a fatal accident that was covered up (falling down a stairwell and breaking his neck, for instance). Depending on where he was, the perp might not even know SK had a car parked in EL.

Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 436-6066

I've wondered if he was ignoring his landlord's call because he had plans to make some money quick (whatever took him to LV/Henderson) and get everything caught up on his own. It seems like whatever it was wasn't legit, otherwise that person would have fessed up at this point. Or whatever it was was illegal, so that's why they're staying quiet, and Steven met with foul play some other way.

It's just so exasperating that there is not even a trace of what might have brought him down here. No emails, flyers, calls, resumes. Nothing.

He'd come to Vegas before on other occasions, right? It's not really uncommon; there's a lot of back-and-forth between St. George and Vegas. But does anyone know what HE did when he came before?

I've wondered if he was ignoring his landlord's call because he had plans to make some money quick (whatever took him to LV/Henderson) and get everything caught up on his own. It seems like whatever it was wasn't legit, otherwise that person would have fessed up at this point. Or whatever it was was illegal, so that's why they're staying quiet, and Steven met with foul play some other way.

It's just so exasperating that there is not even a trace of what might have brought him down here. No emails, flyers, calls, resumes. Nothing.

He'd come to Vegas before on other occasions, right? It's not really uncommon; there's a lot of back-and-forth between St. George and Vegas. But does anyone know what HE did when he came before?

There really is no evidence he had come here before - other than a trip with his family 4 or 5 years ago. I personally believe he had been here before December 13, but that's just a gut feeling.

And I agree, if he had been here for some benign, innocent purpose, there would be some indication of it somewhere. IMO

There really is no evidence he had come here before - other than a trip with his family 4 or 5 years ago. I personally believe he had been here before December 13, but that's just a gut feeling.

And I agree, if he had been here for some benign, innocent purpose, there would be some indication of it somewhere. IMO

That's interesting. I really would have thought that would be a common road trip for a single guy. . .

I found an AT&T tower named PECOS -- I'm not seeing that site name, but the ID is 10457 and FCC ID is 1023168. As per tower logic, it's nowhere near Pecos Blvd.

PECOS Details
Site ID: 10457 FCC ID: 1023168
5380 NOVAK
LAS VEGAS, NV 89115

MAP showing location in the middle of the huge wrecking yards north of Vegas.

This hit occurred while SK was talking to GW, with GW near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
The PECOS tower is just four miles south of the Speedway.

I guess no one else thought this was interesting?

It kinda does two things:

Shows Steven was coming IN to Vegas, since that tower is on the very outskirts .... and it's a strange coincidence about two people talking to each other while literally passing each other on I-15. Especially two people from the same town, both in another town.

Shows Steven was coming IN to Vegas, since that tower is on the very outskirts .... and it's a strange coincidence about two people talking to each other while literally passing each other on I-15. Especially two people from the same town, both in another town.

Duh! Sorry - I totally did not make the connection. I don't have much confidence in the ping info. When I saw the the location and that it was labeled "Pecos," I just sorta let it go.

But this is intriguing...

I didn't see this post, I am glad you brought it forward. Yes, very strange. You can see the racetrack in your map. Very close together.

You mean when they were meeting up??? ;-) Or leaving each other after a night of partying??

JUST KIDDING. Just glad someone else typed GW for once.

Well, no, not really terribly interesting. If one guy is heading to Vegas at the same time another guy is heading back to St. George, they're going to pass each other somewhere en route. Four miles isn't exactly in the same room, and it looks to me like there's a lot of Vegas within a short distance of that tower. If he didn't drive down that morning, he could have spent the night anywhere there.

Sorry if this has been covered, but did GW ever say what he was doing in Vegas?

Considering how many people we've found right in the EL area who don't even know someone's missing from their neighborhood, I don't find it that surprising that a legitimate explanation hasn't come up.

The pattern of unexplained trips with no reason given seems to be typical of him. The trip the day before, to somewhere. The Ruby Valley trip -- we happen to know about that from other sources. If we had to rely on traces Steven left, we'd just see a couple of receipts and a pile of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61