NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That means he was on eBay for a long time. Not that that's terribly significant. I think I'm the only person I know who's never bought or sold on eBay -- even spouse bought a golf club once. :p

Assuming that's our SK, of course.

Yes. Don't forget that part ;)

The s.koecher made a big "impact" (ahem) right away...and only used the account for a couple of months. The koecher account's usage was very spotty (you can tell from the feedback).

Looking at this, makes me wonder if he did have another way of earning money. Remember the Chris Marquis case?

AND yes. We're just speculating about public information. We don't know if either of these accounts belong to Steven Koecher.

that assumes it was local time. not sure which time zone ebay uses.

eBay uses Pacific Time on everything.

Along Steven's route on Dec 10th, he'd be somewhere between SLC and Wendover about that time. But a smartphone? You can leave feedback.

I'm more curious about the feedback left on Dec 22nd by that account. that's the make or break.

eBay uses Pacific Time on everything.

Along Steven's route on Dec 10th, he'd be somewhere between SLC and Wendover about that time. But a smartphone? You can leave feedback.

I'm more curious about the feedback left on Dec 22nd by that account. that's the make or break.

I missed that one Laytonian as it was not on the front page of that link.

If you see the seller's screen name (espino09) and google just that, you get only about 77 matches on google. Not saying they are all the same person, but some strange hits come up.

I missed that one Laytonian as it was not on the front page of that link.

You have to click on the tabs
Feedback as seller
Feedback as buyer
All feedback
FEEDBACK LEFT

The feedback LEFT is how we'd trace movements, obviously.

If you see the seller's screen name (espino09) and google just that, you get only about 77 matches on google. Not saying they are all the same person, but some strange hits come up.

espino09's few public eBay details show a New Mexico location; shortly after espino09 got NARU'd, despino09 in TX, created an eBay account. No activity, though -- at least no feedback.

Something interesting: since espino09 has been NARU'd, their feedback is frozen -- and the usual "details removed after 90 days" rule seems to not be in force. I can see that Koecher paid $47 for that game.
I don't see any nonreceipt of merchandise; I wonder if s/he was banned due to selling knock-offs/illegal copies?

Google:
Why would anyone want "Espino 09" t-shirts? Is that some kind of sports thing?
But I just see a bunch of unrelated google stuff. So frustrating not to be able to "see" if anything's there.

Wow guys, y'all are delving deep, I'm impressed!

I'm going to leave a note in all my important papers requesting my family to contact the folks on this thread to help find me if I ever vanish into thin air...<<knock on wood>> I say that in jest, but the more I think about it, I think I may do it for real!

We're not deep. We're just desperate.

We've reached the pits, when eBay's interesting. ;)

this ebay possibility is something the PI should have been looking into. I have no contact with him so I have no idea what, if anything, has been done with this information.

this ebay possibility is something the PI should have been looking into. I have no contact with him so I have no idea what, if anything, has been done with this information.

Well....I sent it to him. I hoped, since I told Naegle (months ago) that SK had an eBay account that warranted investigation, that it was done at that time - and that my Friday night info was just irritating duplication ;)

eBay's kinda odd to poke around in, unless you're very familiar with it. I know people who've been on eBay almost as long as I have, and they never clicked on "advanced search".

It's been my experience that most tips I've sent, go unacknowledged.
Unless I get word back "there's no problem in that direction" ;)

Meanwhile, we don't even know if we're talking about SK.

thanks, I could not figure out where they were located. so I guess he was not driving there.

You have to be signed in to eBay, but you click on "advanced search" and then "find a member".

The results will show not only the exact match for that user ID, but their registered location.....AND it also displays user IDs that are similar, and their location. You can kinda dig a bit on name variations skoe s.koe, etc.

You have to be signed in to eBay, but you click on "advanced search" and then "find a member".

The results will show not only the exact match for that user ID, but their registered location.....AND it also displays user IDs that are similar, and their location. You can kinda dig a bit on name variations skoe s.koe, etc.

Thell?

Is Thell his mother's maiden name?

I think Thell was a grandparent's first name.

I've been experimenting with variations of Thell email addresses though, since we caught Steven writing a couple of articles for that militia weapons place under the name "Steve Thell".

ETA - LIKELY OFF-TOPIC, so I'll just add it here:
Crews cleaning up OUR oil spill, found a decomposed body in SLC this afternoon: [URL="http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/BREAKING-NEWS-Oil-spill-clean-up-crews-discover/RYGRRgfq00ubF4E96WIIqg.cspx']ABC4-KTVX[/URL]

Those were some good ideas -- it made me want to try "sparticus" (his misspelled user ID on ldslinkup).
I came up with 1sparticus registered in 2003 in TX, when SK no longer lived there. It's a very active account and very "unSteven"....based on my idea of him. (Can't see him able to sell a $3000 vase.)

That means he was on eBay for a long time. Not that that's terribly significant. I think I'm the only person I know who's never bought or sold on eBay -- even spouse bought a golf club once. :p

Assuming that's our SK, of course.

Now you know another....me! Never even been on ebay!

I can't get a sense from that one; everything from game console cables to Mavis Beacon Teaches typing ;)

How rude of sparticusi not to have a location (besides USA).
But buying a shirt for $36AU doesn't seem his style, either -- and same-brand cufflinks.
And those $213AU Tom Ford sunglasses.
Everything I click on, is in Australian dollars - which means both buyer/seller are in Australia.
They just buy buy buy no sell sell sell (because if they sold sold sold I could suss out their location a bit closer).

I can top that: singlesward -- joined in 2002 but never figured out what to do next ;)

Actually...maybe that's part of the joke. THAT eBay user ID belongs to the people who produced the film The Singles Ward - a film that did quite well (in Utah, Idaho, Nevada and Arizona).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member