NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Thell was a grandparent's first name.

I've been experimenting with variations of Thell email addresses though, since we caught Steven writing a couple of articles for that militia weapons place under the name "Steve Thell".

ETA - LIKELY OFF-TOPIC, so I'll just add it here:
Crews cleaning up OUR oil spill, found a decomposed body in SLC this afternoon: [URL="http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/BREAKING-NEWS-Oil-spill-clean-up-crews-discover/RYGRRgfq00ubF4E96WIIqg.cspx']ABC4-KTVX[/URL]

That article is missing and I don't see another article like it on the home page.

That article is missing and I don't see another article like it on the home page.

the Chevron employee was clearing brush along Red Butte Creek at around 11 a.m. when he spotted something sticking out of the water that looked like a partially decomposed foot. It was caught under a tree limb and other brush near the densely vegetated, steep creek bank.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700041885/Possible-human-remains-found-near-Red-Butte-Garden.html

Body removed from SLC creek near oil spill site

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15339115

The story's been updated with a new URL, I guess: ABC-4/KTVX

The body's male; and I don't see anything on the missing persons website since 2009, in that area.

I usually don't link to them, because instead of posting an update to the original story and URL, they wipe the previous one from the site and post a new one :(
So usually, I don't put their links in. So there.

the Chevron employee was clearing brush along Red Butte Creek at around 11 a.m. when he spotted something sticking out of the water that looked like a partially decomposed foot. It was caught under a tree limb and other brush near the densely vegetated, steep creek bank.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700041885/Possible-human-remains-found-near-Red-Butte-Garden.html

Body removed from SLC creek near oil spill site

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15339115

Thanks. Looks like we have to put all the stories together to find out that it's likely male and has been there for "weeks or months" but "not years". It's not all there, either.

I see nothing on the Utah missing persons website that would match this one. The closest disapeared on the other side of the mountain from SLC (East Canyon reservoir). I don't know if the body could have washed that far downstream.

This makes two unidentified bodies in a week; the apparent female out by Wendover hasn't been ID'd yet, either. (Yes, the female is by I-80 that Steven drove by BUT you couldn't see that spot from the freeway - especially at night. The body was dumped on potash drying levees.)

OT: Our oil spill would be on the national news, if it weren't for the gulf. Ours is "only" 33,000 gallons in a mountain stream that runs all through SLC, through parks, Jordan river and the Great Salt Lake. And the oil's gone all the way.

The story's been updated with a new URL, I guess: ABC-4/KTVX

The body's male; and I don't see anything on the missing persons website since 2009, in that area.

I usually don't link to them, because instead of posting an update to the original story and URL, they wipe the previous one from the site and post a new one :(
So usually, I don't put their links in. So there.

Thanks. I figured they had just updated it, but it wasn't showing up on the news page, either.

Thanks. Looks like we have to put all the stories together to find out that it's likely male and has been there for "weeks or months" but "not years". It's not all there, either.

I see nothing on the Utah missing persons website that would match this one. The closest disapeared on the other side of the mountain from SLC (East Canyon reservoir). I don't know if the body could have washed that far downstream.

This makes two unidentified bodies in a week; the apparent female out by Wendover hasn't been ID'd yet, either. (Yes, the female is by I-80 that Steven drove by BUT you couldn't see that spot from the freeway - especially at night. The body was dumped on potash drying levees.)

OT: Our oil spill would be on the national news, if it weren't for the gulf. Ours is "only" 33,000 gallons in a mountain stream that runs all through SLC, through parks, Jordan river and the Great Salt Lake. And the oil's gone all the way.

This is the first I'd heard of the SLC spill. That sucks big time.

There must have been tens of thousands of vehicles that drove past that spot and didn't see anything.

This is the first I'd heard of the SLC spill. That sucks big time.

There must have been tens of thousands of vehicles that drove past that spot and didn't see anything.

Yup. And the (female?) remains have been there for a few years; the working theory is Lark Montague, who disappeared in 2007. But the last we heard, they were going to examine the remains to see if chemicals had been used on it. It's pretty quiet.

The potash fields are south of I-80, on what used to be US-40 (the Lincoln Highway). There's no direct exit to them, so one would have to take Rowley or Wendover and drive on the old highway.

Here's how big the area is: MAP. It's the big blue area, and the white lines are the levees. It shows up better this way, than the satellite view. Eerily, if you zoom in on the satellite view, you can see some odd spots on the levees. One of them is the body. The remains were found in an area that hadn't been used for quite awhile - so whoever put them there, knew what they were doing.

Maybe it's because I use OE for my "real" email, and only check gmail when I think something's come in. Then dump the gmail, pretty much.

The logic is this: It would have been found, and it would have solved this mystery.

If there was a secret life, it's not on the laptop that was examined.

Frankly, I don't think he was a "computer person" much at all.

Wasn't one of the monthly charges on his credit card we last heard of from godaddy? Managing a website, designing one or even just buying one would require a fairly savvy person....and it doesn't make sense for him to assume the cost of a website he wouldn't have anything to do with. This would support your bay find even more...he was using the computer. And if he had an XBOX he could get online that way. I didn't know this until my brother sent me an email to show me how "gamer" savvy he'd become.

Wasn't one of the monthly charges on his credit card we last heard of from godaddy? Managing a website, designing one or even just buying one would require a fairly savvy person....and it doesn't make sense for him to assume the cost of a website he wouldn't have anything to do with.

But he did. He was selling news/web advertising through matchbin, to be published in The Davis County Clipper (the paper that his father edited, but did not own/publish).

It looks to me that he was paying for the domain registry himself, just to make the sale(?) Or maybe the companies actually belonged to friends or relatives - and he put them up as a favor AND to make himself look better as a salesman? (Every salesman needs examples of their completed jobs, to show prospective clients.) OR...maybe that was part of the matchbin salesman's "cost of doing business" ?

We've seen the websites; they're basically "fill in the blank" templates associated with his matchbin.com job.

Remember the discussion about "Pa's Chocolates" and how SK's mother "reviewed" the place, but her name was shown twice and misspelled once as "Deanna"?

(I'm not sure anyone here caught the nuance of the salesman's mother providing a "testimonial" for an independent business.)

There's also
Aroundtheworldutah.com and their associated domain registry showing SK as the registry owner. Note the matchbin and Davis Clipper associations. The domain registry for Pa's Chocolates shows it's linked to this website.

This would support your bay find even more...he was using the computer. And if he had an XBOX he could get online that way. I didn't know this until my brother sent me an email to show me how "gamer" savvy he'd become.

IF that's him, that also explains how he spent his time: gaming. And that might actually explain how he was spending his time. Maybe he was somehow addicted to the gamer thing? Maybe he WAS going to Vegas more than suspected?

Thanks for the reminder; I've sent KC a few questions (did he own an XBox or other game system, etc - and also about the eBay thing). I want to find out if those two eBay IDs are his, or if we're gossiping about a relative. She should know or find out.

? Do you think one of them is "our" Steven ?

I doubt it.

Those people finder websites use various sources for their databases, none of which would apply to Steven.

These are listings of listed phone numbers, public records like deeds, marriages or divorces, utility bills and credit card bills.

I doubt it.

Those people finder websites use various sources for their databases, none of which would apply to Steven.

These are listings of listed phone numbers, public records like deeds, marriages or divorces, utility bills and credit card bills.

...and even then, they get it wrong. I had to laugh when I found myself on spokeo. Anyone want to buy a million-dollar+ home? ;)

You "said" it so mysteriously, I thought you'd developed some kind of inspiration ;)

Wouldn't that be a nice ending, to just find him living somewhere else. Right at our fingertips on people finder.

...and even then, they get it wrong. I had to laugh when I found myself on spokeo. Anyone want to buy a million-dollar+ home? ;)

I put several people I knew in there. One would be mortified at where they have her living. LOL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic