NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....and since we're only seeing about a minute of each video, no one can really say that the white SUV was the only car that drove down the street that day. It's the only one that drove past in that minute.

There's probably several cars that are in view, in the total scope of all the security videos that LE, the PIs and the family have looked at.

The movements of that white SUV would be well-known, including how long it was parked in that location and which direction it drove when it left.

True - but we've been told OTHERS have seen more video. I have to assume if there was anything else of interest, we would have known it long ago.

Nevada drivers license must have SS card or print out in hand & old drivers license. No birth certificate if you've been previously been licensed in the US. I was sent to the SS office to get a print out.

Was there a phone ping near Charleston and California Avenue the morning of the 13th?

True - but we've been told OTHERS have seen more video. I have to assume if there was anything else of interest, we would have known it long ago.

I doubt we would be told. We just found out about the pings and what type of phone he had. Everything has been a secret. Give it a couple more months and we will hear another tidbit of info.

Does anyone know how we could put Steven's poster on all Wal Mart bulletin boards?

Has this been discussed before? Are the bulletin boards only for children?

I doubt we would be told. We just found out about the pings and what type of phone he had. Everything has been a secret. Give it a couple more months and we will hear another tidbit of info.

Well, that's true. Maybe they don't want our help anymore and we should just fade out? I'm sure there are plenty of folks who DO want our help...

Hi all, I haven't posted in Steven's case yet, but I have been following it. Can someone refresh me on what the general consensus is regarding the 6:04 AM voicemail check on Dec 14th? Do people think it was Steven who checked the voicemail or someone else, and does anyone know if Steven had any messages waiting for him between his last phonecall and the vmail check? (i.e. concerned friends and family.) This whole case is maddening!

Hi all, I haven't posted in Steven's case yet, but I have been following it. Can someone refresh me on what the general consensus is regarding the 6:04 AM voicemail check on Dec 14th? Do people think it was Steven who checked the voicemail or someone else, and does anyone know if Steven had any messages waiting for him between his last phonecall and the vmail check? (i.e. concerned friends and family.) This whole case is maddening!

Hiya Jenna Lee!

Don't think we have a "general consensus" on anything here!

Personally, I believe Steven checked his own VM, but others believe it was someone else. Someone knows what the calls and messages were, but NOT us!

Well, that's true. Maybe they don't want our help anymore and we should just fade out? I'm sure there are plenty of folks who DO want our help...

I hear families on TV, in newspaper articles, magazine articles, who have family members missing or found dead, who constantly ask for help. They say they do not want their loved ones forgotten. Parents and family members who start foundation, websites, etc. They use every tool possible. I would like to keep on this case, but we need a "bone" thrown to us once in awhile. We need to know, that family and friends are wanting us to do this, and give us any tips possible. I realize there are things they cannot discuss or tell us, but TELL US THAT. We are doing this because we CARE. For one reason or another, we want to help.

I hear families on TV, in newspaper articles, magazine articles, who have family members missing or found dead, who constantly ask for help. They say they do not want their loved ones forgotten. Parents and family members who start foundation, websites, etc. They use every tool possible. I would like to keep on this case, but we need a "bone" thrown to us once in awhile. We need to know, that family and friends are wanting us to do this, and give us any tips possible. I realize there are things they cannot discuss or tell us, but TELL US THAT. We are doing this because we CARE. For one reason or another, we want to help.

And there are other families who think the best thing to do is get on with life. They don't forget the loved one, but they don't make a big public deal about it, either. They keep their grief private.

I don't think they know a whole lot more than we do.

I had been leaning toward suicide for most of the time I've been following this case, and I still don't think that can be ruled out. As a formerly depressed and suicidal person, I recognized a lot of danger signs. But the location of his last phone pings in the vicinity of a major highway intersection makes me more inclined accept a voluntary departure.

But I'm even more inclined to what the retired cop I know calls "mischance." Which is basically something freaky goes wrong -- you go out for a short walk, for instance, you fall and crack your head open on a rock, you aren't dressed for the chilly night, and you die of exposure. Or you get a one-time job helping somebody's grandmother move to Sacramento, and after you've unloaded and you're heading back to the bus station, you have an aortic aneurysm and die in the street and by the time they find you, some bum has stolen your wallet and they can't figure out who you are. For instance.

The other thing that I can't rule out -- and really if you pushed me into a corner and said I HAD to say what I think, this would probably be what I choose -- is a pscyhological break of some kind. Either schizophrenia, which can strike in the length of time it takes you to walk down the street, or some kind of manic-depressive episode that he got so deep into he can't get out of, or that led him into a situation he's too embarrassed to ask for help out of.

And there are other families who think the best thing to do is get on with life. They don't forget the loved one, but they don't make a big public deal about it, either. They keep their grief private.

I don't think they know a whole lot more than we do.

I understand that they probably do not know much more than we do. BUT JUST A COMMENT here or somewhere, that they do want help or do not want help.
I do know the family and I am LDS. They are a wonderful family.

I have mentioned before, I have a sibling who is bi-polar, (who has talked about suicide, and planned how she would do it) a mother who attempted suicide several times, and a daughter with autism. My feeling after talking to some of SK's friends, I do not feel he comitted suicide. Some of the other things you mention, on your next post, I lean towards.

carbuff and sbakker...thank you for your posts. Do either of you think that
any of Steven's friends would recognize a change in behavior that would
signal a psychological break?

ETA: I should add that we are all trying to think logically...to work through situations as we would normally assess behavior...but if a person has had a break, his or her thoughts and behaviors are not necessarily logical, and the person may do things that we would not think to do.

I would also like to add that I do wish we would hear from family. If they feel that there is
nothing further to be done for Steven I understand. Perhaps they could tell us why they feel that way...or if there is information to share, they could let us know what is out there for further discussion. We are all over the United States. Steven may now be in one of our
neighborhoods. I come here and to the Facebook every day. It is hard to give up when there is no resolution.

I understand that they probably do not know much more than we do. BUT JUST A COMMENT here or somewhere, that they do want help or do not want help.
I do know the family and I am LDS. They are a wonderful family.

I have mentioned before, I have a sibling who is bi-polar, (who has talked about suicide, and planned how she would do it) a mother who attempted suicide several times, and a daughter with autism. My feeling after talking to some of SK's friends, I do not feel he comitted suicide. Some of the other things you mention, on your next post, I lean towards.

I agree, the more I get to know about Steven, the less I feel inclined to the suicide idea. There are danger signs -- driving around at random, the check he didn't cash, the way he seems to have started some things and not followed through. He was in a stressful situation. But there are lots of signs he was coping, too.

Yes, they do seem to be fine people. This all has to be so painful for them. At this point, I doubt if making any decision is really possible.

A lot of time was wasted here on things we thought were facts which were not.

We thought SK phone last pinged in SCA, so we were on a wild goose chase about SCA area.

The VM call. Finding out the time was approx. 7am when it was checked. That makes a big difference on if it was checked say at 2am. This leads me to believe SK slept somewhere in the Whitney Ranch area then checked it.

How many posts were wasted trying to figure out the model of phone, type of plan and how the VM would be called. Now we know the model of phone, it was a family plan and an At&t phone.

And because of where they searched vs last phone ping, I think they know something else.

I have no idea if they do or do not want help. I only know there are families like Morgan Harrington's and Jennifer Kesse's who do want help and they show their appreciation.

A lot of time was wasted here on things we thought were facts which were not.

We thought SK phone last pinged in SCA, so we were on a wild goose chase about SCA area.

The VM call. Finding out the time was approx. 7am when it was checked. That makes a big difference on if it was checked say at 2am. This leads me to believe SK slept somewhere in the Whitney Ranch area then checked it.

How many posts were wasted trying to figure out the model of phone, type of plan and how the VM would be called. Now we know the model of phone, it was a family plan and an At&t phone.

And because of where they searched vs last phone ping, I think they know something else.

I have no idea if they do or do not want help. I only know there are families like Morgan Harrington's and Jennifer Kesse's who do want help and they show their appreciation.

Do we know the time of the VM check for "certain?".......It sounds like we do not for certainty, but the family would, wouldn't they?

Was it 2AM or when was it?

This is vital information.

Do we know the time of the VM check for "certain?".......It sounds like we do not for certainty, but the family would, wouldn't they?

Yes we do know the exact time that it was checked. That is why I put in my post that it made a difference. Before we were speculating on when it was checked. That is why I said there was a big difference on say if it was checked at 2am ( speculating ) and finding out for a fact it was checked at 7:04 am.

12/14/2009 -- 6:04 a.m.
Last Updated by Stephen on May 27
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord. Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...6.62655,-114.422607&spn=1.362209,2.246704&z=9

Leomoon...I don't think we know anything for certain. The material has not been copied and seen by us as a group...however...swjaxon, one of our members, has provided a map of the various pings. If you click on one or more of the blue indicators, you can get additional information.

The last item includes the data on the last voicemail:

12/14/2009 -- 6:04 a.m.
Last Updated on May 27
Final location pinged off a tower called I-515/Russell. Text/call to/from landlord. Next call is a voicemail check at 7:04 a.m.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...6.62655,-114.422607&spn=1.362209,2.246704&z=9

Thanks for that. We have the 6:04 AM chart on the Astrology boards, so we have the latest information then.

We've known for a long time that SK was part of an ATT family plan. We knew all along that some kind of tip took them to the area that was searched. We still don't know whether SCA is irrelevant; that Steven's phone moved around does not prove Steven moved around with it. I don't think it's kind or helpful to blame the family for not being omniscient.

If you feel like you're wasting your time, then by all means move on to a case where you think you can be more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon