NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did people here find the hidden evidence, before Francisco's wife (or LE) did?

It's possible that the *lack* of something, could be evidence of a hidden life. Lack of paid bills, lack of obvious income, lack of assets....

IDK and IDK when Christine - or LE - figured it out. Many folks believed Christine knew LONG before the very public pleas died down. That earned her a great deal of animosity. She appeared to be using public sympathy for personal gain. I will not weigh in on that here....

I agree that a lack of easily accessed information could be a sign of a hidden life or agenda. It's something that has bothered me with Steven's case from the beginning.

Human bones found in Mojave Desert
July 11, 2010

Human bones were found Saturday in the Mojave Desert in eastern San Bernardino County, the San Bernardino County coroner's office said.

The skeletal remains were found in the area of Zzyzx Road, west of Interstate-15, the coroner's office said.

The remains have not been identified. The coroner's office said tests were planned to determine the person's identity and cause of death.

Anyone with information was asked to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

http://blogs.pe.com/news/digest/2010/07/human-bones-found-in-mojave-de.html

July 11, 2010

Human bones were found Saturday in the Mojave Desert in eastern San Bernardino County, the San Bernardino County coroner's office said.

The skeletal remains were found in the area of Zzyzx Road, west of Interstate-15, the coroner's office said.

The remains have not been identified. The coroner's office said tests were planned to determine the person's identity and cause of death.

Anyone with information was asked to call the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

That would be a prime area, west of the freeway (where southeast-bound Zzyzx Road changes its name on the west side, where the area is less-traveled). I wonder if this find will help solve one of our similar cases?

San Bernardino County is the black hole of UIDs; even when you call in a tip, there's no response. After the first report, there's never a follow-up.

Doesn't sound like it's our other big Utah missing person, either.

It would be helpful to know if:

A) There is any evidence Steven is homeless in Las Vegas
B) What part of town he may be in

There are LOTS of these cooling stations around the city right now.

It would be helpful to know if:

A) There is any evidence Steven is homeless in Las Vegas
B) What part of town he may be in

There are LOTS of these cooling stations around the city right now.

Well....if we knew the answers to A) and B) ..... we wouldn't be here ;)

Well....if we knew the answers to A) and B) ..... we wouldn't be here ;)

Indeed. I cannot visit every, single one of these stations - on the slight chance I might come upon Steven Koecher at one of them - WHEN I'M THERE! No can do. Sorry ya'll.

I think this is a job for the PI working on Steven's case. Who said he was determined to find Steven - no matter what.

I assume he has a staff...

I decided to go back to the first thread and look at the facts again. I have a couple of questions, that I hope someone could answer. Did Steven go on a mission? Did Steven wear garments (he is not wearing them in those Cottonwood pictures)? And the reason why I am wondering is because people that are close to him have stated he would never miss church unless it was because he was looking for a job. I am not LDS, however I have lived in Utah my entire life. I have never seen a faithful church going member wear a t-shirt that has been torn to expose their stomach. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.

I decided to go back to the first thread and look at the facts again. I have a couple of questions, that I hope someone could answer. Did Steven go on a mission? Did Steven wear garments (he is not wearing them in those Cottonwood pictures)? And the reason why I am wondering is because people that are close to him have stated he would never miss church unless it was because he was looking for a job. I am not LDS, however I have lived in Utah my entire life. I have never seen a faithful church going member wear a t-shirt that has been torn to expose their stomach. Hope this doesn't offend anyone.

Thank you. I *knew* there was something bothering me about those pictures.

Yes, he had been on a mission to Brazil and speaks fluent Portuguese. And has been to temple, most recently the night of December 9.

In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned the fact that someone like SK would be more prone to get back to the salt of the earth vs LV. I am not Mormon so I would like to know your feelings on maybe SK going back to IL/MO or maybe even to Manchester, MA, since the roots of the faith started there......knowing his interest in history and genealogy? Just thoughts. TIA

July 11, 2010

Ruby Red, Is there anyway to keep tabs on this one and find what the cause of death was? TY

Thank you. I *knew* there was something bothering me about those pictures.

Yes, he had been on a mission to Brazil and speaks fluent Portuguese. And has been to temple, most recently the night of December 9.

The issue of temple garments, is one that should be an identifying characteristic in the missing persons reports. But it won't be; it never is, in any LDS missing persons case.

But we have other pictures of him without the garments, especially during the YSA boating trip to the lake (where he's wearing swimming trunks and a life vest).

I do know that the picture of SK in the cut-off t-shirt bothered one family member and that is why there was no image of his distinctive birthmark pattern posted by the family. I hope I didn't cross privacy boundaries when I posted the images of the birthmark, but I do believe it's an important characteristic.

The family has hired some PIs, and at least one has volunteered to work for free. The PI we're familiar with (a retired police investigator) was recommended by the Henderson PD. His credentials are excellent.

Remember, there's a reward involved and if the PI solves the case and qualifies for the reward, he'll be well-compensated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member