NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a shame. I cannot fit Henderson into my weekday travels. I can go out there on the weekends, but it's not likely I will find him there then if he's hanging out at Home Depot looking for work. I feel the same way about his bus travels - if there are any.

The majority of our homeless population is somewhere in downtown Las Vegas. Again, this is not somewhere I would normally go, unless I had an actual destination and purpose. And it's not somewhere I would go alone.

Just so ya'll know, I have NO INTEREST in the reward. Many of us have been here since long before it was offered. I just want Steven to be returned to his family.

....if he wants to be returned. That's the toughie. Like you've said, people go to Vegas to disappear, so there's a fair chance that lots of the homeless are "missing" to their loved ones....or have no family, and just wandered off.

I wouldn't want the reward, either. I can't believe anyone would really accept it, unless on behalf of a charity.

In reading the reward document, the intent is clear: a private investigator hired by the family, may be part of the decision process in determining reward eligibility.

Mr Retke, in his volunteer status, has no employee (hire) status with the family. He's obviously put in hundreds of manhours and investigated many tips, many (obviously) uninformed.

My definition of an "uninformed" tip: MY identity was sleuthed out and my name was then submitted as a suspect in the disappearance of Steven Koecher. Whoever did that, obviously had no real knowledge of me, my whereabouts, my nonconnection with any family member, or my ability to overpower a man half my age.

IMO, of course.

ETA:
My reaction to being named a suspect by a tipster? Gut-wrenching laughter (and probably the same on the other end, in the fifteen seconds it took to figure what had gone on). But it's a waste of valuable resources that could have been used productively.

What the heck? That just makes me sick. Obviously, it was someone that has not been on here long, and I really do not believe that. Maybe one of us others will have the same thing happen!

Anyway, I am sorry that happened. When all you want and all of us want is SK to be found, so there will be peace for all the people who love SK.

We had a wonderful opportunity to attend a meeting Friday night, where the chairman of the Dept. of Psychiatry of the University of Utah spoke. And today we attended a picnic and activities where he attended again. When I got home, I thought I should have asked him some things about sk, and a little background. So Monday, I will e-mail him.He is not only known in Utah, he is a international speaker and author. I am excited to see, if he has a thought on steven.

Watching the video of him walking down the road, I noticed that a white car comes up behind him and then stops just past the house with the security camera. Has this been discussed before?Thanks

The original LDS roots are Palmyra, NY. I grew up there, so will post a message on FB for my Palmyra friends. Is there a link to a poster for Steven?

In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned the fact that someone like SK would be more prone to get back to the salt of the earth vs LV. I am not Mormon so I would like to know your feelings on maybe SK going back to IL/MO or maybe even to Manchester, MA, since the roots of the faith started there......knowing his interest in history and genealogy? Just thoughts. TIA

IMO, In this case the Mormon religion needs to be removed out of the equation.
And then concentrate on what a desperate, naïve, trusting, 30 year old male, who has no reason to leave his family, would do to try to satisfy his debts.

When I was in that situation, my best friend was doing well with her job.
I then asked my best friend if she can help me get a job with her company, in which she did.

Nothing should really be removed in the terms of trying to find someone who just up and disappeared. It just may be a factor. Be it if he fully embraced it or for some reason had chosen to forsake it.....your beliefs and convictions are your core...and says a lot. We have looked at both sides and tried to come up with scenarios of both.

Although I don't happen to agree with all of your description of Steven.(JMO)..the concentration on helping him alleviate his debt should have been the focus long before December and he did leave the family already.....in a sense, upon moving to SG. I think the BIG question is still why didn't he feel comfortable enough to ask his parents or siblings for help and chose to keep his debt and troubles in secrecy? That is huge IMO and would like Sbakker to ask her friend when she emails them and let us know their thoughts.

What remains the big question and quandary if in fact he did choose to just walk away... Why hasn't he notified any of them instead of letting them worry? We have discussed these questions at length many times here.

We have even stopped the posting of :banghead: for the most part because I think we have somewhat resolved ourselves of the realization that we aren't going to be given any other information...and to be frank, some of the info was a little "off". IMO, the PI has more info and something tells me he wants to "protect" that, because the search is now confined to family and their friends.

I don't know about everyone here, but I can say, including myself, many here never had any thought about the reward....it was viewed I'm sure as a sight begat for "others" in hope of clues or finding SK; nor did or would we have judged SK for anything as we ourselves have our own "sins" per se. We just wanted him found....for ourselves....and believe it or not....his family also. There are times when denial and protection turn into dysfunctional. Has that corner been turned?

Nuff preachin'. :innocent:

Yes - I hope the right people are paying attention to them! Perhaps there is a darker meaning to their actions.

It's really not unusual for LE to check people out who make comments on forums, articles, blogs, etc. The question would be "why?" someone would be a suspect? If someone was doing it to just be devious, then they are ones that are the real "problem" in LE's eyes don't you think? We knew it was very possible LE might be lurking here and I think we have even talked/posted about it. Didn't we even mention that the search could be a cover for scoping someone out?
Maybe we have all been sleuthed by our one time poster from SCA?!! I have seen the mods post warnings of WSer's sleuthing other WSer's. That is not sleuthing, but just plain nosey and disgusting. They should get a life and here's hoping their noses turned brown:sick: ruttng into someone's personal business instead of trying to sleuth the case. IMO

The original LDS roots are Palmyra, NY. I grew up there, so will post a message on FB for my Palmyra friends. Is there a link to a poster for Steven?

Thank you. Who knows, he could very well be in the NE. My bad on MA. It should have been Manchester, NY. I never knew he had lived in NH as well as NY and MA. He met Lucy in NH.

What the heck? That just makes me sick. Obviously, it was someone that has not been on here long, and I really do not believe that. Maybe one of us others will have the same thing happen!

Anyway, I am sorry that happened. When all you want and all of us want is SK to be found, so there will be peace for all the people who love SK.

As long as it doesn't escalate into personal contact, I treat it as a joke.

What about the cooling stations? Do you think LE or the PI are thinking about posting his picture at those locations?

Seriously, I doubt it. If they posted the picture of every person suspected of being "missing in Vegas" (many many according to Fairy1), there wouldn't be room on the walls for all of the posters.

If Steven's on the streets, it's by choice, there's no law(s) broken, and LE doesn't give that kind of case much priority.

Quick question for everyone- did anyone receive a visitor message tip regarding SK being sighted after December? If you did, please email me or send me a PM. tIA...

We had a wonderful opportunity to attend a meeting Friday night, where the chairman of the Dept. of Psychiatry of the University of Utah spoke. And today we attended a picnic and activities where he attended again. When I got home, I thought I should have asked him some things about sk, and a little background. So Monday, I will e-mail him.He is not only known in Utah, he is a international speaker and author. I am excited to see, if he has a thought on steven.

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe, he would have some expert opinions on some of the ideas we have tossed around. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

When I ment when I wrote "leave the family" is to loose total contact with.

My IMO to the "big question" would be: for the sake of embarrassment and pride. But he thought he came up with a plan, but failed. IMO

BBM:

That's what I'm saying is so confusing in SK's case and why he was thinking or feeling he couldn't, didn't want to, etc even because of pride or embarrassement. Of all the people in the world who would be there for him time and time again, he personally chose not to share. Do you think he thought he would be ridiculed or jaded by the family? Had there been previous situations where he had? Had his parents already tried and tried with no avail in wisdom, guidance and help and he still chose to go his own way? It could have been just his defenses, but why? Dig deeper.

The family was given tons of video surveillance to review and I would assume LE or the PI has had access to them also. Your asking many of the same questions we have over the past 15 threads; so you can see our frustration. Actually, beyond the cell pings/calls, new info has been lacking since about Jan/Feb. Most of the info was obtained in the first few weeks; and some was conflicting.

Thanks to all of you for your help in finding Steven and for your good work on this forum. ;)

Sorry I haven't been around much: I was busy taking out the trash.

Thanks to all of you for your help in finding Steven and for your good work on this forum. ;)

We appreciate you (and Tricia, all other mods, your pets, etc) in helping to keep this a safe community.

We appreciate you (and Tricia, all other mods, your pets, etc) in helping to keep this a safe community.

My old black Lab would woof you a thanks in return, but she's....lemme check....yep, she's napping again...

Thank you so much for taking care of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member