NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Facebook posts about the backpack are now deleted. The two photos of Steven - sitting on the lawn with a backpack and the one that may show
Steven walking - are still available.

The poster now says he will not be posting any longer.

KSL-TV is reporting that human remains have been found at the bottom of a cliff in St George.

The "badly decomposed" remains were found during a brush fire started by fireworks, last evening.

Missing persons reports are being reviewed.

The Facebook posts about the backpack are now deleted. The two photos of Steven - sitting on the lawn with a backpack and the one that may show Steven walking - are still available.

The poster now says he will not be posting any longer.

....and the one picture looks just like one posted here previously, and available for months on the timeline here: images

KSL-TV is reporting that human remains have been found at the bottom of a cliff in St George.

The "badly decomposed" remains were found during a brush fire started by fireworks, last evening.

Missing persons reports are being reviewed.

There were posts made here over time about different missing persons reports and remains found, etc., but I don't remember anything specific to St. George. At the bottom of a cliff is one of those could be suicide, could be someone trying to make it look like suicide.

Reviewing missing persons reports doesn't sound like there's any well known missing person cases there of a St. George local that immediately came to mind.

rd

Edd Lope

MISSING ENDANGERED Adult: Edd was last seen on 6/21/2005 in Washington City, Utah. His vehicle was located on a dirt road about 15 miles from St. George, Utah.

Hi....I am not good with maps but I wonder how close the location of
the body that was found in St. George is to the 12/12/09 pings from Webb Hill Tower, (St. George) said to be made by SK's phone.

If I had another wish I would love to see how far these two locations
are to SK's rental house.

Hi....I am not good with maps but I wonder how close the location of
the body that was found in St. George is to the 12/12/09 pings from Webb Hill Tower, (St. George) said to be made by SK's phone.

If I had another wish I would love to see how far these two locations
are to SK's rental house.

Here's the body's location relative to Steven's house and the tower:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=450+Red+Hills+Pkwy,+St+George,+UT+84770&daddr=1734+Maplewood+Way,+St+George,+UT+84790+to:37.068054,-113.577518&geocode=FZRNNgIdRP06-SmDSZXtzETKgDE8V_OjxrQbcQ%3B%3B&gl=us&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=37.091472,-113.567047&sspn=0.059838,0.154667&ie=UTF8&ll=37.085858,-113.562412&spn=0.059843,0.154667&t=h&z=13

I'm not sure I have the right location for the tower; it seems to locate the tower in the cul de sac of a very high end neighborhood. I grabbed the coordinates off the ping map.

If you zoom in on the place where the body was found, you can see there's a big turnout there, probably a scenic view. It would be really easy to pull over and dump a body down the cliff.

There were posts made here over time about different missing persons reports and remains found, etc., but I don't remember anything specific to St. George. At the bottom of a cliff is one of those could be suicide, could be someone trying to make it look like suicide.

Reviewing missing persons reports doesn't sound like there's any well known missing person cases there of a St. George local that immediately came to mind.

rd

Good to see you again rd. Just logged on and read about the remains found.

Am I correctly interpretting a sense that few sleuthers here feel this could be Steven?

Good to see you again rd. Just logged on and read about the remains found.

hi RubyRed. :) I've been checking the thread all along. Unless this is supposed to be a guy who threw himself off a cliff because he didn't like the nursing home, looks like a looming murder case.

Now to wait to see who the victim is.

rd

Am I correctly interpretting a sense that few sleuthers here feel this could be Steven?

A couple of us have questioned whether that's Steven in the video and wondered whether something might have happened to him in St. George, with the car being disposed of to throw suspicion away in another direction.

Per the facebook comments, can anyone tell me who GW is? Im coming into this case late....so I apologize if this is obvious.

Per the facebook comments, can anyone tell me who GW is? Im coming into this case late....so I apologize if this is obvious.

Hi good to have fresh eyes look at this case.

Here is a brief description of who GW is from the article "Missing St. George Man, Steven T. Koecher, Still a Mystery"

Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards. Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.

"He said he was in Las Vegas, but would go back [to St. George] if I needed him to," said Webb. "I was also in Vegas so decided to go back myself. I told him just to do whatever it was he had to do and I'd see him later. That's it. I wish I would have asked him to go back to St. George."

Webb, who did not know why Koecher was in the Las Vegas area, said his friend always told him if he was not planning to be at church. That Sunday, he never called. "It's one thing that sticks out in my mind," said Webb.

Webb said Koecher, who worked for The Salt Lake Tribune 's online edition from March 2007 until July 2008, had been actively looking for a full-time job and had sent out his résumé to a list of possible employers.

The power company was threatening to disconnect electricity at the house where Koecher rented a room and lived alone, according to Webb. Deanne Koecher said she knew her son was having financial difficulty, but said the power bill was the landlord's responsibility.

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story...eorge-Man--Steven-T--Koecher--Still-a-Mystery

And if you have time, the timeline is a great place to get up to speed on the case with pictures, surveillance video's and maps.

http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/home/koecher-html

Jeffrey was the stroke patient, who a relative claims to have dropped off at a rehab facility. According to the St George police, in this report, Jeffrey had a diagnosed medical condition and was without his meds. He had suffered the stroke twenty years ago, and walked with a limp.

I'd say Jeffrey is the most likely, but there are issues.

Here's a MAP showing it would be a 1.5 to 1.9 mile walk to the address where the body was found, from the rehab center. PROBLEM IS Jeffrey's handicap would make it difficult to walk uphill in those loose rocks, to where the body was found.

If this is Steven, the phone pings don't mean much -- because that tower would cover a large area of the city.

ETA: According to the Randall Jeffrey FB page, his family "has reason to believe" it's Randall.

Whatever happened to the 'large bones' that were found in the desert from the search in early June? The bones found after someone called in a tip on Steven's case? Seems like we should know something about them by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz