NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more effective than doing nothing.

How did something so simple become so complicated? If I were there I would definitely help.
Last week I asked if it was possible for the locals to do some online brainstorming and come up with a plan (ie, who was participating, where to take the cards, how many, where I should send them, how many I should send to each, etc, etc).

Silence.

If we can't get locals participating it is not going to be as effective.

I then asked if we had a local who could volunteer to help organize it.

Silence.

Is there a local who is going to volunteer to organize this?

So what's left? I mail them out to the obvious places.

Some could be mailed out but without some being taken to places personally, then we will not get the same results.
If they all have to be mailed then In my opinion just scrap the idea.

Human remains have been found in Malibu Canyon; authorities have not recovered or identified them - but they're looking for a link to the Mitrice Richardson case: LA Times.

How did something so simple become so complicated? If I were there I would definitely help.

Good question. But I AM here and am ready and willing to help. Always have been.

If we can't get locals participating it is not going to be as effective.

That may very well be true. Perhaps the locals would best be able to determine in what capacity they can help.

Is there a local who is going to volunteer to organize this?

I'm not really clear on what, exactly, needs to be organized. I've said more than once, send me the cards and I'll take them where they need to go. Other locals have said the same. What's the big deal?

Does it occur to any of the non-locals that we have lives and jobs and families of our own?

Some could be mailed out but without some being taken to places personally, then we will not get the same results.
If they all have to be mailed then In my opinion just scrap the idea.

I agree. But to scrap the whole idea over petty misunderstandings will be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

IMO

Yup. But they're free to take the idea without "interference" from people who know nothing.

I would never "steal" your precious idea. Though I am sad to see it die before ever being launched. I still think it's brilliant and I sincerely appreciate the time carbuff has dedicated to it.

Bottom line.....Steven Koecher is still missing.

Human remains have been found in Malibu Canyon; authorities have not recovered or identified them - but they're looking for a link to the Mitrice Richardson case: LA Times.

ETA:
Another news report has some intriguing information, which (when mapped) shows that the remains would have been found near the road between where Mitrice ate at the restaurant, and the Lost Hills police station) -- LA Weekly.

Wow, I've been traveling & living out of a suitcase for 3wks, and it seems all hell has broken loose. Just a figure of speech.

I will volunteer my time to distribute cards. Not afraid to go anywhere in town, but I will take the one bad *advertiser censored* girlfriend that I have with me. lol

Wonder why the family hasn't taken this idea, and ran with it?

They are searching for this guy, Clay Branham. Not specifically where Steven was but you never know what they will find. He was from Ely, Nevada but last seen in Kanab, Utah.

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story...-by-Inclement-Weather-?instance=home_stories1

Salem put the locations on a map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....143198,-113.466797&spn=5.312809,6.954346&z=7

About the same age, and family reported he'd been depressed. Disappeared many miles from home. Disappearance not noticed for a few days. Interestingly, his home of Ely Nevada is right on the ALTERNATE route to Ruby Valley.

The Cedar City sighting doesn't fit, IMO.

From Kanab, there's really no reason to go through Fredonia unless you are headed into the mountains -- and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

In some ways, I see similarities with Steven's case.

On another note: The guy I mentioned running into in Grants, NM, two weeks ago, the one who stated he rented in SCA. Well, my husband loaned him $40 for supposedly to help him get his alternator fixed on his older corvette. Yes, my husband is a sucker! Well, he screwed us, and never contacted us. Husband left many messages on his cell phone. Just wanted to share this with you all. I told my husband the minute we got into the car that we may as well look at this charity as paying it forward.

On another note: The guy I mentioned running into in Grants, NM, two weeks ago, the one who stated he rented in SCA. Well, my husband loaned him $40 for supposedly to help him get his alternator fixed on his older corvette. Yes, my husband is a sucker! Well, he screwed us, and never contacted us. Husband left many messages on his cell phone. Just wanted to share this with you all. I told my husband the minute we got into the car that we may as well look at this charity as paying it forward.

Yup. You can't fix an alternator on a Corvette for $40.

A young guy who told you he rented in SCA?
How did that entire thing start - did he approach you for the money, and
then give his life story as "renting in Anthem Sun City"?

Don't the HOA rules require all rentals be approved?

I must have been absent that day. Can you tell the whol thing?

I just heard from a friend in St. George, who had squatters living in her neighborhood. The couple lived in the subdivision for 2 months. She said, it is hard to know, because there are vacant homes, so you do not know if the new people in the home are renters or new buyers. They were caught.

Could have happened in SCA? Just a thought. Happens more than we know.

I just heard from a friend in St. George, who had squatters living in her neighborhood. The couple lived in the subdivision for 2 months. She said, it is hard to know, because there are vacant homes, so you do not know if the new people in the home are renters or new buyers. They were caught.

Could have happened in SCA? Just a thought. Happens more than we know.

I saw a similar story from St George in the news last weekend; the squatters lived in the home for 9 months. AND, what appalled me, is that the neighbors suspected something hinky and did nothing. KSL-TV story.

I don't think the residents of SCA are any more observant (or have a laissez-faire attitude towards anything that doesn't directly affect them).....and we don't now how well they patrol the vacant homes.

Are you thinking that Steven may have been squatting in a home?
It'd be tough, with his car being taken away and all.
OR...are you thinking that he was led to a vacant home, full of criminal squatters?

I saw a similar story from St George in the news last weekend; the squatters lived in the home for 9 months. AND, what appalled me, is that the neighbors suspected something hinky and did nothing. KSL-TV story.

I don't think the residents of SCA are any more observant (or have a laissez-faire attitude towards anything that doesn't directly affect them).....and we don't now how well they patrol the vacant homes.

Are you thinking that Steven may have been squatting in a home?
It'd be tough, with his car being taken away and all.
OR...are you thinking that he was led to a vacant home, full of criminal squatters?

Or upright and honorable Steven noticed squatters and told them he was going to tell on them, whereupon they silenced him?

Around here, many of the squatted-in houses are crack houses. Or they're the base for telephone scammers. Or uncertified plastic surgery places. Lots of hinkiness.

Living Beneath the Streets of Las Vegas

Just seen during the CBS Evening News......worth taking a look.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-18563_162-10004455.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

The author O'Brien has given several interviews, and seems to know everything about everyone who's down there. Click here to read more.

They say that the police don't know they're there, but 108,000 Google hits? LE knows. It'd be bad PR for Vegas to roust them out of the tunnels and into the heat.

Lato: thanks for posting that with the link!. It'd been mentioned before, but you're the first to give real info we could get our teeth into!

I found Matthew O'Brien's website Beneath The Neon, and have contacted him.
I sent links to the family's FB page and the timeline.

ETA: Thank God. The boy was found about 7pm tonight.

Previously on Websleuths:

'We have our own missing persons search going on right now: a 16-year-old autistic boy has been missing since last evening. I don't know why the search just started, but we knew nothing until the helicopters started flying overhead.

SL Tribune.

We've all searched our property, and the one vacant (unfinished) home in the neighborhood.

If he's not found tonight, I think we need a new WS thread. I'm always suspicious of a late "missing" report.

The white spot in the sky is one of the search helicopters circling overhead -- I hate to think of him up there:
dj-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member