NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ponder this....what if SK put a deposit in cash on a place....I still fall back on him using his computer and cell phone to make all arrangements because how would he have known he shouldnt? And then traces of it would have been on his computer yada yada.

Would he have parked where he parked if he was meeting someone on the golf course?

I have to ponder this....what if SK put a deposit in cash on a place....I still fall back on him using his computer and cell phone to make all arrangements because how would he have known he shouldnt? And then traces of it would have been on his computer yada yada.

Would he have parked where he parked if he was meeting someone on the golf course?

Golf course: yes. There's a path through to the course next to one of the houses.

Yeah. :banghead: That's why we've kicked around the idea of him having a throwaway phone to communicate with outside people.

The golf course clubhouse is actually a few miles away - and not connected to any of the streets in the Overlook Village subdivision of SCA.

Yes, he could have met someone *on* the course, but he'd have had to be very familiar with the area.

That pathway you can see in the satellite view (at the very top of Evening Lights) is something I've always focused on. I've always envisioned it as a way to get to the hills west of SCA - which look much closer than they actually are, in the pictures.

I kinda think, if he's a walkaway, that he didn't walk very far before he met someone who drove him away. Or a cab.

As a crime victim, his destination could have been any of the 200+ homes in Overlook Village, or the golf course area. Or maybe he was lost, and eventually ended up walking somewhere else.

Yeah. :banghead: That's why we've kicked around the idea of him having a throwaway phone to communicate with outside people.

The golf course clubhouse is actually a few miles away - and not connected to any of the streets in the Overlook Village subdivision of SCA.

Yes, he could have met someone *on* the course, but he'd have had to be very familiar with the area.

That pathway you can see in the satellite view (at the very top of Evening Lights) is something I've always focused on. I've always envisioned it as a way to get to the hills west of SCA - which look much closer than they actually are, in the pictures.

I kinda think, if he's a walkaway, that he didn't walk very far before he met someone who drove him away. Or a cab.

As a crime victim, his destination could have been any of the 200+ homes in Overlook Village, or the golf course area. Or maybe he was lost, and eventually ended up walking somewhere else.

bbm

Not necessarily. The person he was meeting could have said, "Park here, walk up the street, take the path to the course. I'll be there in a golf cart and we can drive back to my car."

That's also why I kept asking if he's a golfer. Once you've played a few courses, you can pretty much guess how they're laid out. You know there will be cart paths, for instance, and that you can follow them. People might notice you walking past, but you can just say, "Forgot a club on the last hole," if they even care.

bbm

Not necessarily. The person he was meeting could have said, "Park here, walk up the street, take the path to the course. I'll be there in a golf cart and we can drive back to my car."

That's kinda convoluted, considering how odd the parking place (behind sound walls) was. Why not just pick him up by the car, or up the street? (Unless they knew about the security cameras, which might mean someone "beyond suspicion trying to throw suspicion on someone else" should be looked at further)?

That's also why I kept asking if he's a golfer. Once you've played a few courses, you can pretty much guess how they're laid out. You know there will be cart paths, for instance, and that you can follow them. People might notice you walking past, but you can just say, "Forgot a club on the last hole," if they even care.

We asked, and got an answer:
Naegle's Q&A.

Q: Did Steven Golf?
A: Yes, but not a ton. There's a pic of him golfing on fb isn't there?

There was no mention of him golfing enough to own his own clubs, or take them to St George with him (nor any clubs found in his apartment, or the car).

I did kinda wonder if he was offered a job in groundskeeping at the golf course. That might be why he'd walk down to take a look (although odd to not park at the clubhouse.)

That's kinda convoluted, considering how odd the parking place (behind sound walls) was. Why not just pick him up by the car, or up the street? (Unless they knew about the security cameras, which might mean someone "beyond suspicion trying to throw suspicion on someone else" should be looked at further)?

Well, it's no more convoluted than any other reason he might have been given for parking there -- the same reason would apply. And you wouldn't necessarily want to run a golf cart down the street. That would attract attention. But the idea of throwing suspicion on somebody else seems to be possible.

We asked, and got an answer:
Naegle's Q&A.

Q: Did Steven Golf?
A: Yes, but not a ton. There's a pic of him golfing on fb isn't there?

There was no mention of him golfing enough to own his own clubs, or take them to St George with him (nor any clubs found in his apartment, or the car).

I did kinda wonder if he was offered a job in groundskeeping at the golf course. That might be why he'd walk down to take a look (although odd to not park at the clubhouse.)

That's a good thought. The groundskeeping facilities, garages, etc. aren't necessarily anywhere near the clubhouse. If he was talking to a groundskeeper, he might have met that person wherever they were working -- and lots of grounds work gets done on Sunday.

Well, it's no more convoluted than any other reason he might have been given for parking there -- the same reason would apply. And you wouldn't necessarily want to run a golf cart down the street. That would attract attention.

Anthem Sun City is officially designated "golf cart friendly" and it's legal to drive golf carts inside the communit limits.

But the idea of throwing suspicion on somebody else seems to be possible.

But he's "hands off" due to his professional background and helpfulness. I'm still mystified why someone would have CAM-3 and CAM-7....and no others aimed in other directions (like the rear).

That's a good thought. The groundskeeping facilities, garages, etc. aren't necessarily anywhere near the clubhouse. If he was talking to a groundskeeper, he might have met that person wherever they were working -- and lots of grounds work gets done on Sunday.

Maybe he just decided to drop by and talk to folks?

2500 cards have been ordered

If you would like some to distribute in the St George/Las Vegas area, please send your mailing address.

I will distribute them evenly among those who reply by August 17th.

ALL I ASK IS THIS:

PLEASE let us know where you plan to distribute the cards, so that you don't overlap what others have done. I will post your locations (without your name) on the website, so we can keep track of what's been covered, and if we need to order more.

bbm

Well...there goes the golf course idea.

A helpful lurker has just emailed me that there's an iron gate that prevents access to the golf course, from the path between the two homes at the top of Evening Lights.

I hope this map works. It's a close-up of the path, and you can see the gate: Paved Path at North End of Evening Lights Street

Don't know if the gate is easily swung open or kept locked, but it looks like the gate at the end of the Savannah Springs cul de sac.

Well...there goes the golf course idea.

A helpful lurker has just emailed me that there's an iron gate that prevents access to the golf course, from the path between the two homes at the top of Evening Lights.

I hope this map works. It's a close-up of the path, and you can see the gate: Paved Path at North End of Evening Lights Street

Don't know if the gate is easily swung open or kept locked, but it looks like the gate at the end of the Savannah Springs cul de sac.

:woohoo:

We have actually eliminated something!!!!!

Okay, back to my poor sister. Bless her heart. Over a year ago, she moved from the Sugarhouse area, because the apartment was...lets just say-BAD. She looked for a new apartment,found one on Craigslist. She called about it, they sent pics. Hey it was really nice for 550.00 a month. They told her she could rent it, amd move in immediately after she sent in first month, last month, and deposit. Of course, she wanted to see it first. When she told them that-never heard from them again. Supriseingly, she saw it in the paper a few more times, and decided to report it.

There is a possibility (what isn't a possibility in this case!!) that steven was looking for a new place to live,saw a ad, met someone, and went to look at a rental. Or maybe the squatters were advertising a job, and thats where they told people to meet them? Used that for the makeshift home. SK got nervous, and left. maybe they followed him, thinking they may get money from him..still thinking about this. What do you all think?

I just wonder how he would find it...and no one else could. It would of had to be by word of mouth alone almost. So in that case...when did he meet the person who gave him the directions? In the morning maybe?

I just wonder how he would find it...and no one else could. It would of had to be by word of mouth alone almost. So in that case...when did he meet the person who gave him the directions? In the morning maybe?

That would be possible; we have quite a few hours unaccounted for.

Or through a third party, passed on through a friend or a place of work. Or through snail mail. Or by phone more than a week before (before the phone records start).

Or why was Steven the ONLY person who apparently responded?
Did other cars park near his, that day -- before or after?
Did other people park and walk up the street?

Unless this was a personalized, one-off appointment (made through a known person, likely face to face)....it doesn't make sense that he'd be the only one.

He either went there randomly (harm himself/disappear), or he was sent by someone who is unsuspected.

Or why was Steven the ONLY person who apparently responded?
Did other cars park near his, that day -- before or after?
Did other people park and walk up the street?

Unless this was a personalized, one-off appointment (made through a known person, likely face to face)....it doesn't make sense that he'd be the only one.

He either went there randomly (harm himself/disappear), or he was sent by someone who is unsuspected.

Yeah, I think we can rule out some kind of widespread scam. It would be distantly possible but unlikely.

The remains found in Malibu Canyon, two miles from where Mitrice Richardson was last seen, have been identified as hers. THIS, after supposedly "extensive searches".

What does this have to do with Steven's case?

Imagine a two-mile circle around where Steven's car was found (OR around Whitney Ranch, where the last phone pings were clustered), and you'll see many suspicious areas -- many of which have not been searched.

When Mel Gibson was arrested, he was driven back home. And so was Charlie Sheen.

We have a volunteer who will take cards to the "old town Henderson area".

Thank you!

Volunteer, speak out if you'd like ;)

2500 cards have been ordered

If you would like some to distribute in the St George/Las Vegas area, please send your mailing address.

I will distribute them evenly among those who reply by August 17th.

ALL I ASK IS THIS:

PLEASE let us know where you plan to distribute the cards, so that you don't overlap what others have done. I will post your locations (without your name) on the website, so we can keep track of what's been covered, and if we need to order more.

The remains found in Malibu Canyon, two miles from where Mitrice Richardson was last seen, have been identified as hers. THIS, after supposedly "extensive searches".

What does this have to do with Steven's case?

Imagine a two-mile circle around where Steven's car was found (OR around Whitney Ranch, where the last phone pings were clustered), and you'll see many suspicious areas -- many of which have not been searched.

When Mel Gibson was arrested, he was driven back home. And so was Charlie Sheen.

This image has brought back memories of previous cases here in Las Vegas. I'm sorry if any family members are reading this site, as the information is a bit graphic.

Feb. 6, 2001) -- Metro Police discovered the decaying body of a person stuffed inside a plastic trashcan.

Officers were called to some storage units on West Sahara Monday near Durango after the owners reported a bad smell coming out of one of the units. They opened the storage unit and found a decomposing body inside a plastic trashcan.

Police are searching for clues as to how the body got there and the circumstances of the person's death.

Police believe the body is that of an elderly woman, but so far aren't releasing a name.

There was also a cold case from the late 70s-early 80s regarding a missing young lady, and her remains were found in a storage unit near Tropicana & Industrial in the last decade. I believe the man who owned the unit was arrested & charged, but my memory isn't giving me any additional info, and I couldn't find information regarding the case online.

And, the case of a man's remains found in a shallow cave in Red Rock Canyon. I don't believe he's been indentified. I believe this case is on the Coroners web site.

I am of the belief that SK is no longer with us on earth, and I believe not of his own choice. After all this time, and him not being found, I fear that his case is going to go unsolved for years.

I'm left wondering if the PI has checked the areas of the two-mile radius. Then again, maybe I've watched too much truTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member