NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the belief that SK is no longer with us on earth, and I believe not of his own choice. After all this time, and him not being found, I fear that his case is going to go unsolved for years.

sbbm

That has always been my belief as well.

For those of us that feel this way, what do you make of the possible sightings? Mistaken identity? And they all seem to centre around a bus or bus stop. Coincidence?

This image has brought back memories of previous cases here in Las Vegas. I'm sorry if any family members are reading this site, as the information is a bit graphic.

Feb. 6, 2001) -- Metro Police discovered the decaying body of a person stuffed inside a plastic trashcan.

Officers were called to some storage units on West Sahara Monday near Durango after the owners reported a bad smell coming out of one of the units. They opened the storage unit and found a decomposing body inside a plastic trashcan.

Police are searching for clues as to how the body got there and the circumstances of the person's death.

Police believe the body is that of an elderly woman, but so far aren't releasing a name.

There was also a cold case from the late 70s-early 80s regarding a missing young lady, and her remains were found in a storage unit near Tropicana & Industrial in the last decade. I believe the man who owned the unit was arrested & charged, but my memory isn't giving me any additional info, and I couldn't find information regarding the case online.

And, the case of a man's remains found in a shallow cave in Red Rock Canyon. I don't believe he's been indentified. I believe this case is on the Coroners web site.

I am of the belief that SK is no longer with us on earth, and I believe not of his own choice. After all this time, and him not being found, I fear that his case is going to go unsolved for years.

I'm left wondering if the PI has checked the areas of the two-mile radius. Then again, maybe I've watched too much truTV.

I agree. I always think of the hills (or dumpsters), because those are areas where the bodies are found.

The problem is, the two-mile radius in an urban area, includes lots of private property that can't be searched -- so searching has to be on public/unattended areas.

The Red Rock Canyon case, I think, is one carbuff and I put on the "similar cases" page. John "Sandstone" Doe.

sbbm

That has always been my belief as well.

For those of us that feel this way, what do you make of the possible sightings? Mistaken identity? And they all seem to centre around a bus or bus stop. Coincidence?

Maybe it's because that's where people stand still long enough, to be noticed by someone else?

I believe Steven would be hard to recognize by many people. I see the front tooth that's a bit longer than the other, as well as the nose and certain facial moles. Those are ALL distinguishing features that you can't see from a distance.

I agree. I always think of the hills (or dumpsters), because those are areas where the bodies are found.

The problem is, the two-mile radius in an urban area, includes lots of private property that can't be searched -- so searching has to be on public/unattended areas.

The Red Rock Canyon case, I think, is one carbuff and I put on the "similar cases" page. John "Sandstone" Doe.

What does anybody think about a search in St. George? Anyone think he may been brought back there?

What does anybody think about a search in St. George? Anyone think he may been brought back there?

I think it makes sense on many levels.

What if that's not him in the video?**
What if the car was parked there, to hide it from repo until he could get more money?
What if he took the car to SCA to show it to someone, who promised him money and a ride back home?

I wish we had someone in St George who could distribute some cards around the neighborhood, church, and local c-stores (especially that one gas station he favored for not-so-important reasons).

**Yes, I know.

I think it makes sense on many levels.

What if that's not him in the video?**
What if the car was parked there, to hide it from repo until he could get more money?
What if he took the car to SCA to show it to someone, who promised him money and a ride back home?

I wish we had someone in St George who could distribute some cards around the neighborhood, church, and local c-stores (especially that one gas station he favored for not-so-important reasons).

**Yes, I know.

Did you get my message? About distribution in St. George?

We now have volunteers in the St George area, to pass out cards to local businesses, and in the area around Steven's home.

sbakker said:
Did you get my message? About distribution in St. George?

Yes! Thanks for contacting them and arranging their help!

2500 cards have been ordered

If you would like some to distribute in the St George/Las Vegas area, please send your mailing address.

I will distribute them evenly among those who reply by August 17th.

ALL I ASK IS THIS:

PLEASE let us know where you plan to distribute the cards, so that you don't overlap what others have done. I will post your locations (without your name) on the website, so we can keep track of what's been covered, and if we need to order more.

I think it is SK on the video based on others judgement that know him.

Now if someone from St. George is involved in his disappearance then he could be in St. George, though that would be risky. I just think there are so many other places he could be. I mean it doesn't make sense to put him in your own backyard, so to speak.

If someone from Henderson area is involved I doubt he is in St. George.

So I guess it is 50/50.

Now if someone from St. George is involved in his disappearance then he could be in St. George, though that would be risky. I just think there are so many other places he could be. I mean it doesn't make sense to put him in your own backyard, so to speak.

So I guess it is 50/50.

Having the car placed in one area (far from a crime scene) is like Cary Stayner throwing Carole Sund's wallet onto a random Modesto street: it focuses the attention to that area.

Having the victim (or someone who fits his basic physicality) place the car, is a brilliant stroke. Pick them up there "for a job"....and then take advantage of them.

Make the contact in St George, face to face.
Get the car parked, drive him to the Whitney area for the "job".
SK returns to St George, with job completed.
St George contact disposes of the witness, rather than taking him back to where he left his car "for a couple of days".

St George area makes sense for that, I think.

So I guess it is 50/50.

If someone is involved in Henderson, I doubt he is in St. George too. But if someone is involved from st. George, that is where he may be. Might have been staged to look like it was someone from Henderson, to throw investigators in another direction.

We know he knew people in St George, but we do not know if he knows anyone from Henderson. No phones calls from "friends" there, no ties there known. St. George people should be "totally " ruled out in my opinion, before the investigation centers in Henderson or else where.

Having the car placed in one area (far from a crime scene) is like Cary Stayner throwing Carole Sund's wallet onto a random Modesto street: it focuses the attention to that area.

Having the victim (or someone who fits his basic physicality) place the car, is a brilliant stroke. Pick them up there "for a job"....and then take advantage of them.

Make the contact in St George, face to face.
Get the car parked, drive him to the Whitney area for the "job".
SK returns to St George, with job completed.
St George contact disposes of the witness, rather than taking him back to where he left his car "for a couple of days".

St George area makes sense for that, I think.

The phone calls admitting he was in Vegas, deliberate parking, waiting till noon, and confidently walking toward something (instead of walking toward Anthems main thorough fair or behind houses to avoid being seen by all the home owners on EL) are the factors and "facts" that don't let my mind wonder to suicide, planned homelessness, manic break or the such. I think the first contact on Sunday...and the fact that he readily answered the phone not knowing what the request would be (supposedly not knowing and avoiding other calls) we have even more information. BUT since we were "told" that the family didn't like us questioning these events, we didn't. And when we did question them all the sudden it might not be Steven in the video.

It's got to be him. Police can work on the video enough for the family to decipher that.

The pings away from EL hold many or maybe even "the" answers in my mind, as well as the possibility that there may have been incoming texts being received...It was never real clear if any were sent.

The calls where all considered normal...but no one knows what normal for Steven was, so why were they so easily dismissed? There is a double standard being applied to this case that has allowed wild goose chases, and virtual
silence. The PI pleaded for the person who knows what happened to Steven to come forward. That is about the most honest request throughout this ordeal.

Where has our reporter gone??? He seemed to focus the investigation where I thought it should go...and then it stopped with the wild goose...I mean search of Vegas.

BUT since we were "told" that the family didn't like us questioning these events, we didn't. And when we did question them all the sudden it might not be Steven in the video.

When did they say that? I've never heard *anything* from the family, stating it might not be him.

It's got to be him. Police can work on the video enough for the family to decipher that.

*I* have questioned it, because there's been no evidence that the video has been worked on or other sharpened to reveal more than we see. If someone has manipulated the video enough to firmly ID Steven Koecher walking down that street, I'd sure like to see it.

I question everything, until it's completely ruled out.
Rightly, or wrongly.

The pings away from EL hold many or maybe even "the" answers in my mind, as well as the possibility that there may have been incoming texts being received...It was never real clear if any were sent.

The only outgoing activity on Steven's cellphone, after noon on Dec 12th, were voicemail checks. All other calls were incoming.

That's been stated here before.

The calls where all considered normal...but no one knows what normal for Steven was, so why were they so easily dismissed? There is a double standard being applied to this case that has allowed wild goose chases, and virtual silence. The PI pleaded for the person who knows what happened to Steven to come forward. That is about the most honest request throughout this ordeal.

Where has our reporter gone??? He seemed to focus the investigation where I thought it should go...and then it stopped with the wild goose...I mean search of Vegas.

Where do you think the investigation should go?

To the people who were calling him after he disappeared, or those who called him before?

I think it is SK on the video. I also believe it is distinctly possible he is not with us. I think he is in the Vegas area, and I am interested in that triangulated area around Whitney Ranch. These are simply my own feelings.

Mitrice Richardson is the latest MP case where there were credible sightings that turned out to be impossible-I have seen it many, many times in MP cases so it is not a surprise although it must be so hard for family to sort through.

I like the idea that EL is relevant to the case, because to me then there is hope that there are some threads that might someday be tied together to either locate SK or figure out what happened once he has been located....

TY for doing the business cards-it was a stroke of genius.

IIRC at one point we did have a lengthy discussion about if that was SK on video. I thought we were told that at least one person in the family wasn't sure it was SK because I thought if that were true then we were back to square one.

IIRC at one point we did have a lengthy discussion about if that was SK on video. I thought we were told that at least one person in the family wasn't sure it was SK because I thought if that were true then we were back to square one.

Naegle asked me, a long time ago, to throw out a "what if it's not him" idea, to see what kind of ideas came out. I told her at that time, that it was a direction that I believed should be investigated and that I'd already brought it up a few times.

It didn't go anywhere....it wasn't official....nor has there been any public statement from the family, indicating any doubt as to the identity of the walking figure.

(Maybe I shouldn't even reveal that it was privately, but she did throw it out to spur some discussion.)

That's it with that ;)

I just found this website, read the post by Nikayla on 01-12-2010, 08:51 AM. I haven't had time to read it all yet.

http://w.slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1758512&page=6

And this post by Nikayla on 12-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Steve Koecher missing since 12/13/09! The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the resolution of the case. - SlickDeals.net Forums

I've got links to that, and several other comments, on the timeline.

Anywhere you see "landlady" or "StillLooking" (or even a little link-sentence about an event at that house), it's a link to one of her posts on slickdeals.net or here.

Does anyone think someone from St. George is involved? Does anyone think a "friend" was involved? Does anyone think it was someone that employed sk? You do not need to tell me ANY NAMES of course, but just curious to see how people feel, after ALL these months.

Does anyone think someone from St. George is involved? Does anyone think a "friend" was involved? Does anyone think it was someone that employed sk? You do not need to tell me ANY NAMES of course, but just curious to see how people feel, after ALL these months.

Here's what I think:
If he's a crime victim, the scenario began with a face-to-face meeting OR through a printed ad.
The text messages and VMs have been heard by several people (including at least one person not connected to the investigation or family); it seems logical to me that if there was *anything* that indicated a meeting or plan, it'd have been investigated. That pretty much covers the Big Three we've mentioned often as "should be investigated".

I'm just not a conspiracy theorist. It makes no sense to me that the family would suppress anything (to investigators) that would help find Steven.

Conversely, I believe if there was something worth suppressing, it would more likely lead to a purposeful disappearance or a suicide.

Erick Wales left behind a personal note; Steven left behind Christmas presents.

I think it is SK on the video. I also believe it is distinctly possible he is not with us. I think he is in the Vegas area, and I am interested in that triangulated area around Whitney Ranch. These are simply my own feelings.

swjaxon's PHONE MAP outlines the WR area....and there's a large wash that runs through it. You can also see the nearby foothills, where remains have been found in the past.

Mitrice Richardson is the latest MP case where there were credible sightings that turned out to be impossible-I have seen it many, many times in MP cases so it is not a surprise although it must be so hard for family to sort through.

The more we learned about Mitrice's Las Vegas sighting, the more we could discount it. It was from someone who'd not seen her in years, and who claimed he didn't know she was missing at the time ... so his report was pretty stale by the time it got to LE.

I like the idea that EL is relevant to the case, because to me then there is hope that there are some threads that might someday be tied together to either locate SK or figure out what happened once he has been located....

I tend to think that, if he was meeting someone, he could have walked around the corner and left EL far behind. ;)

TY for doing the business cards-it was a stroke of genius.

The REAL geniuses are the ones who're going to figure out all the places to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties