NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have been a lurker since around February and have been following Steven's case on here and on his FB page. I happen to live in Las Vegas so I would be happy to help distribute the cards.
Just let me know!

hand_writing.gif

OK....everyone, this is my idea about the cards:

Everything else, from Day One, has said "call the police" - right? All the missing persons posters, all the news stories.

Even our little cards' design says so.

BUT WHAT IF WE CAME UP WITH A FRIENDLIER CARD, something designed to entice SK to communicate OR to entice someone who's seen him, to communicate with his family?

Is that the basic goal? To find out that he's OK?

Here's what I've been mulling the past couple of days -- something VERY basic.

-----------------------------------------------------------

HELP US FIND STEVEN KOECHER

Last seen in mid-December, 2009------------- Picture here
in the Southern Utah/Las Vegas area.

5'11", 180 pounds, blond hair.

Please contact:
koechersearch@gmail.com

What do you all think????

My reasoning is that IF he knows he's been involved in something, having the police even mentioned on a card might be driving him away.

?????

That seems like a good idea. Let me go work up the design -- was there a reason to move the photo to the right? It's a lot easier to format if it's on the left.

That seems like a good idea. Let me go work up the design -- was there a reason to move the photo to the right? It's a lot easier to format if it's on the left.

No reason (except it was easier to TYPE that way!)
Picture on the left is great.

If anyone's curious about the email address: it's one that was set up just prior to the April search, with at least one family member having access to it.

OK....everyone, this is my idea about the cards:

Everything else, from Day One, has said "call the police" - right? All the missing persons posters, all the news stories.

Even our little cards' design says so.

BUT WHAT IF WE CAME UP WITH A FRIENDLIER CARD, something designed to entice SK to communicate OR to entice someone who's seen him, to communicate with his family?

Is that the basic goal? To find out that he's OK?

Here's what I've been mulling the past couple of days -- something VERY basic.

HELP US FIND STEVEN KOECHER

Last seen in mid-December, 2009------------- Picture here
in the Southern Utah/Las Vegas area.

5'11", 180 pounds, blond hair.

Please contact:
koechersearch@gmail.com

What do you all think????

My reasoning is that IF he knows he's been involved in something, having the police even mentioned on a card might be driving him away.

?????

Great idea!

Are you able to pair up with someone when you do it? Please do not go alone.

What about the other posters that are from Vegas are they going to be able to help?

I will not go alone RR. I'm too chicken. And that comes from spending too much time on WS!

I will not go alone RR. I'm too chicken. And that comes from spending too much time on WS!

I don't think anyone needs to go to a scary place.

Convenience store(s) near where you saw the man who resembled SK.
The RTC terminal, placed where the drivers can access them

Is it "too illegal" to slip little cards into the mailboxes of everyone in that BIG SCA neighborhood where he was last seen?

SCA club house and golf course.

Businesses near SCA, on Hampton.

Places like that.

Maybe we can get some to the Singles Ward folks to place around St George?

I'm willing to pay to have the cards printed OR individuals can print them out themselves. (I figure it's the least I can do, not being a local.)

BUT....is there a way for the "locals" to identify each other and have a little online meeting, and:

1--Figure out where the cards should be distributed/placed

2--Determine who can go to which area(s), alone or in tandem

3--Determine who would like the cards sent to them

4--Someone act as "local secretary" to keep track of what's been done and what's next?

5--Figure out the total number of cards needed?

Ya know...stuff like that.

I will be VERY happy to furnish the cards.

Hello everyone! I have been on vacation and see what you have all been up to. What all I can say (about the cards) totally awesome!

I don't think anyone needs to go to a scary place.

Convenience store(s) near where you saw the man who resembled SK.
The RTC terminal, placed where the drivers can access them

Is it "too illegal" to slip little cards into the mailboxes of everyone in that BIG SCA neighborhood where he was last seen?

SCA club house and golf course.

Businesses near SCA, on Hampton.

Places like that.

Maybe we can get some to the Singles Ward folks to place around St George?

IMO - nearly every location where Steven may have been spotted is a bit scary. For a woman alone anyway. The only place that isn't scary is SCA - and that could be the most dangerous place of all when the truth comes out here!!!!

IMO - nearly every location where Steven may have been spotted is a bit scary. For a woman alone anyway. The only place that isn't scary is SCA - and that could be the most dangerous place of all when the truth comes out here!!!!

Then maybe this was a bad idea?

I guess I always saw Vegas as a tourist-friendly town; there's nowhere in SLC I'd be afraid to go.

Then maybe this was a bad idea?

I guess I always saw Vegas as a tourist-friendly town; there's nowhere in SLC I'd be afraid to go.

Nope - it's a great idea. It would be a bad idea for the ladies to go alone.

Vegas is a tourist-friendly town. But I'm not a tourist. :)

Laytonian...I think the cards are a great idea. I think anything we do to get
Steven's face out there is helpful.

When I am in LV, I am careful. I think the "locals" know best how to get
around town safely.

However, the safest way to handle distribution is by mail. How about sending out real postcards? I would be happy to provide some stamps.

Please do not beat up on me. I value the people we have on this thread. :innocent:

Laytonian...I think the cards are a great idea. I think anything we do to get Steven's face out there is helpful.

When I am in LV, I am careful. I think the "locals" know best how to get
around town safely.

However, the safest way to handle distribution is by mail. How about sending out real postcards? I would be happy to provide some stamps.

Please do not beat up on me. I value the people we have on this thread. :innocent:

I'm sorry if everyone thinks I'm beating up on them. Thanks for being honest.

I was merely trying to do something a bit different, to provide something that people could keep with them, in their wallet. That they'd see by a c-store cash register, in their break room, etc. I never envisioned sending anyone down dark alleys; merely into public businesses or the SCA area.

Sending postcards is probably better. I'm sure y'all can think of who to send them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills