NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat off topic here, but this story just made the news in Boston: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/24496326/detail.html

A mailman arrested for delivering OxyContin to "clients" on his route. I include it only to show that there's a lot of "delivery" type stuff going on that doesn't involve being a trusted part of a major gang. It can be just a couple of people going freelance.

That's more realistic in this case, too.

Most of the Oxy dealing IS done by freelancers, and it's more profitable for them. "Make money fast..." and all of that.

I don't think giving out the cards has to coincide with a search, in fact maybe it would be better if it didn't We have many posters here from Vegas. Fasteddy, Fairy1, Sin city and many others that post here that are in Vegas. If I were there I would help. I wouldn't just put them in stacks at places. I think they need to be given out.

What about handing them out at the bus terminal ? Its just more chance of the person actually looking at it then if it were just in a stack of them on a counter.

Maybe others from there can give us some ideas.

I don't think giving out the cards has to coincide with a search, in fact maybe it would be better if it didn't We have many posters here from Vegas. Fasteddy, Fairy1, Sin city and many others that post here that are in Vegas. If I were there I would help. I wouldn't just put them in stacks at places. I think they need to be given out.

What about handing them out at the bus terminal ? Its just more chance of the person actually looking at it then if it were just in a stack of them on a counter.

I was actually just thinking of the drivers themselves, because they see everyone who gets on the bus (which is why their lounge or whatever they have, would be a good place -- because they all go there daily.) The buses run some pretty odd hours that people can't cover.

At the C-store, it'd be aimed at the clerks/managers, plus a stack for the regulars.

Some folks could print them, themselves (using the Avery labels designed for that purpose).

I also see 2500 full-color cards for $69.95 at Kinko's -- and that includes shipping. Kinko's Business Cards.

That's a pretty unbeatable price, and I'm willing to pay for the cards if others are willing to distribute them.

Carbuff's done the design (can you send me the file, 'buff?)
I'll pay for the cards.
We need distribution volunteers.

Once we get those names, I'll order the cards and have them sent to the Lead Distributor ;)

Deal, folks?

I'll be happy to buy 2500, if we can get folks to place them.

Maybe others from there can give us some ideas.

[/quote]

Locals, can you volunteer?

I was actually just thinking of the drivers themselves, because they see everyone who gets on the bus (which is why their lounge or whatever they have, would be a good place -- because they all go there daily.) The buses run some pretty odd hours that people can't cover.

At the C-store, it'd be aimed at the clerks/managers, plus a stack for the regulars.

Some folks could print them, themselves (using the Avery labels designed for that purpose).

I also see 2500 full-color cards for $69.95 at Kinko's -- and that includes shipping. Kinko's Business Cards.

That's a pretty unbeatable price, and I'm willing to pay for the cards if others are willing to distribute them.

I'll pay for the cards.

Once we get those names, I'll order the cards and have them sent to the Lead Distributor ;)

Deal, folks?

Yes, I will.

That's more realistic in this case, too.

Most of the Oxy dealing IS done by freelancers, and it's more profitable for them. "Make money fast..." and all of that.

Honestly, and I'm asking sincerely....do you believe that's what Steven was doing? Would you believe it was unknowingly in the beginning? What about now?

Just asking - because if ya'll really believe this is what he's doing, it could explain why he was where I think I spotted him and why he could be all over town, all the time.

Thoughts?

Honestly, and I'm asking sincerely....do you believe that's what Steven was doing? Would you believe it was unknowingly in the beginning? What about now?

Just asking - because if ya'll really believe this is what he's doing, it could explain why he was where I think I spotted him and why he could be all over town, all the time.

Thoughts?

I don't see any actual evidence, but one of the main sources for black market OxyContin is surplus or duplicate prescriptions from legitimate patients, and a major source of prescriptions is people with lots of medical needs, and there are a whole bunch of older people with medical needs in SCA. Usually the sick person isn't involved in it -- part time assistants are the most common source. They'll copy the prescription and give it to somebody else for a share of the proceeds, or sell it for cash up front and no questions asked. Usually the person whose prescription it is isn't involved at all, though they might be looking the other way.

Likewise, Steven could be just a hired courier, pretending he doesn't know what he's doing. Or he could be in it with one or more somebody else's. Or even just for himself, on a very small scale.

Being involved in something illegal is the only thing I can think of that would keep him from contacting his parents, assuming he's still alive.

And that's also not knowing Steven; while the situation makes it look possible, I have no idea whether he'd actually do something like that.

I'll pay for the cards.

Deal, folks?

I have single card in JPG form or PDF; it prints at about postcard size on my system. I also set up a PDF version that's laid out for 10 on a page, suitable for printing on Avery form 5371 or similar. Do you want them both? The PDF is too large to send through WS so it would need to go to an outside email address.

This is what it looks like currently:
picture.php

Thoughts?

If he's alive and still hangin' 'round Vegas, he's got to be doing something. If he's not contacting anyone (ie, ignoring them), there has to be reason.

But.....I kinda doubt he'd still be someone's drug mule. No one's going to "hire" a missing person (who people are looking for!) to secretly make their drug deliveries.

The only drug thing I can think of, is something that paid him enough that he *could* disappear willingly. And then he'd go somewhere he'd want to be.

I have single card in JPG form or PDF; it prints at about postcard size on my system. I also set up a PDF version that's laid out for 10 on a page, suitable for printing on Avery form 5371 or similar. Do you want them both? The PDF is too large to send through WS so it would need to go to an outside email address.

This is what it looks like currently:
picture.php

The Kinko's link I inserted earlier, has Design Your Own Guidelines and sizes for business cards.

Maybe it would be easier if I just printed it out and took it to a Kinko's. That way, we don't have to struggle with sending back and forth - I can just take your design in and get it printed.

The Kinko's link I inserted earlier, has Design Your Own Guidelines and sizes for business cards.

Maybe it would be easier if I just printed it out and took it to a Kinko's. That way, we don't have to struggle with sending back and forth - I can just take your design in and get it printed.

I missed the earlier link (haven't been around much and just skimmed to catch up :p ) -- I'll take care of that.

This guy is by no means "off the grid," but he has chosen to be homeless for a year:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=11847039

Interesting story.

He goes to college, he has a job, he has a computer, he sleeps in a van he bought for $250, he has assets. If anything, he's doing a lame Thoreau impression in the middle of an urban area. Or camping out.

I don't call him homeless; I call him an opportunist with a blog to publicize.

IMO.

He goes to college, he has a job, he has a computer, he sleeps in a van he bought for $250, he has assets. If anything, he's doing a lame Thoreau impression in the middle of an urban area. Or camping out.

I don't call him homeless; I call him an opportunist with a blog to publicize.

IMO.

Okay, Bossypants! The point is - he's made a choice. Lots of folks are opportunists. Who's to say Steven isn't doing the same and just isn't on our radar or "in the news?"

Just sayin' - people do crazy stuff for all sorts of reasons. Look at this kid! His parents are coming for a visit and he's not yet told them what he's doing.

I don't see any actual evidence, but one of the main sources for black market OxyContin is surplus or duplicate prescriptions from legitimate patients, and a major source of prescriptions is people with lots of medical needs, and there are a whole bunch of older people with medical needs in SCA. Usually the sick person isn't involved in it -- part time assistants are the most common source. They'll copy the prescription and give it to somebody else for a share of the proceeds, or sell it for cash up front and no questions asked. Usually the person whose prescription it is isn't involved at all, though they might be looking the other way.

Likewise, Steven could be just a hired courier, pretending he doesn't know what he's doing. Or he could be in it with one or more somebody else's. Or even just for himself, on a very small scale.

Being involved in something illegal is the only thing I can think of that would keep him from contacting his parents, assuming he's still alive.

And that's also not knowing Steven; while the situation makes it look possible, I have no idea whether he'd actually do something like that.

There is someone along the golf course at the end of EL who owns a pharmacy in Vegas... Just sayin.

There is someone along the golf course at the end of EL who owns a pharmacy in Vegas... Just sayin.

And pharmacies buy medical supplies. I'm sure you know where I'm going with the "tie-in" Laytonian based on the posting from the St.George Chamber.

Address?

Honestly, I just can't see Steven involved in something like this - but WHO KNOWS?

Really, we just keep going in circles on all these theories. I don't think there is one we haven't covered. Without any new info it is really hard to know which direction to go in.

Let's don't forget that some WSer's came back from that search and were not very happy with the PI nor the way his search was lead. Even before the search we had many questions regarding the tip, etc. I had always felt the reason was the resident that found where someone had been camping out in the "backyard".

ETA: I remember one poster who came on regarding the dogs in particular. This poster had ask me for certain info and then after I spent time doing searches and re-postings for them--they never bothered to comment about the information provided.....so after a few days I went back and deleted my post....I was pizzed. :(

I hope it wasn't me you are referring to about asking questions about the dogs. If it was, I'm sorry, I just missed your posts. If not, then just ignore this comment.

Really, we just keep going in circles on all these theories. I don't think there is one we haven't covered. Without any new info it is really hard to know which direction to go in.

You're right.

I've not seen the bus stop guy again. I don't know if the PI or family did anything with that info, but I'll keep looking. What else can I do? I'm out of ideas.

Address?

Honestly, I just can't see Steven involved in something like this - but WHO KNOWS?

"Steven wouldn't do that" may be blocking the truth.
He wouldn't leave his family and friends.
He wouldn't be involved with crime.
He wouldn't miss church.

NOW....if he was making drug deliveries, I doubt he was using public transportation ;)

We just had an interesting case arise in Utah; a doctor with a name many Utahns hold in high regard, has been indicted for prescribing over 3.5 MILLION oxycodine and hydrocodone pills: Salt Lake Tribune -- and apparently, he's only the fourth-worse doctor in Utah to do so.

"The indictment alleges that MacKay distributed more than 1.9 million pills of hydrocodone and nearly 1.6 million pills of oxycodone between June 1, 2005, and Oct. 30, 2009. From 2005 to February 2007, MacKay saw 100 to 120 patients in an eight-hour work day, the indictment claims, and from March 2007 to October 2009, he saw 40 to 59 patients during a three-hour work day."

(The doctor who told me I was pregnant, years ago, was recently arrested for writing prescriptions in a Walgreen's parking lot!)

It'll be interesting to find out who those other physicians are, and if any are in the St George area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz