NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it last? Were drugs involved?

I just don't see Steven's movements as fugue-like, since they seemed so deliberate.

He's talking to people who call him, and also texting. No one's reported anything odd about the calls; in fact, they're infuriatingly "normal".

He goes to the temple, then drives to Ruby Valley (and visits someone he knows, who evidently didn't detect anything odd about his behavior). He returns home.

He resumes his work on Dec 11th.

On Dec 12th, he travels south and returns home. He buys Christmas presents for his brother's family. He returns home.

On December 13th, he travels south.

To me, it's all very purposeful, like he's tying up some loose ends. The presents may have been a caring message to someone.

I agree with you -- especially about the presents being a caring message.

I could buy a manic state; there are a few things here and there that hint there might have been undiagnosed problems. You can be in a very manic state and still be rational, however. Fugue state, not so much, unless it struck suddenly while he was in Las Vegas for a different reason. Which is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Yeah, I should be able to do a PDF when I have more time to work on it. This is new territory for me...at least with this software.

I chose the photo I'm using because it's the one that seemed closest to the way he looked when Fairy1 saw him. The t-shirt one would be even better, but then he's wearing a hat which obscures his face. Yeah, maybe the recent one would be better? Dunno. I'll make up a couple of different versions and people can see which one they like.

Anybody else have thoughts on this?

After looking around at the other pictures, I think that's a good choice....maybe lightened a bit. The "best" facial picture is 2002 (t-shirt in front of the flag) and it's too old.

I guess we can just download the final products and take them in for printing?

I agree with you -- especially about the presents being a caring message.

I could buy a manic state; there are a few things here and there that hint there might have been undiagnosed problems. You can be in a very manic state and still be rational, however. Fugue state, not so much, unless it struck suddenly while he was in Las Vegas for a different reason. Which is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Manic, depressed, and full of anxiety over his situation....which just got "found out", adding to the pressure.

Two versions:

picture.php

picture.php

p.s. these were pdf's but seem to have been converted to some kind of graphic format anyway. I can mail the real PDF to whoever needs it.

Should it say anything at all about the reward or do we want to steer clear of that?

OK, guys! Here it is. Unfortunately, this is the only remotely high-enough resolution photo I have access to at the moment (now that Facebook is private, and I'm not at my work computer where I have some of them downloaded). It's not a perfect representation, but hopefully it looks familiar to Fairy! :)

Attachments

• Koecher_mustache.jpg
    Koecher_mustache.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 24
OK, guys! Here it is. Unfortunately, this is the only remotely high-enough resolution photo I have access to at the moment (now that Facebook is private, and I'm not at my work computer where I have some of them downloaded). It's not a perfect representation, but hopefully it looks familiar to Fairy! :)

Ya know, that enlargement....that's a good look on him!

Fairy1, what do you think?

Should it say anything at all about the reward or do we want to steer clear of that?

I think we should steer clear. This is our independent project, and we're not the people offering the reward.

What phone number should be on it? Henderson PD? Crimestoppers?

With Crimestoppers you can stay anonymous, so that might be an option.

Awesome - and I adore you! I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but the guy I saw had a bit longer hair. Not too much longer, but a bit.

Can you make his hair grow?

Awesome - and I adore you! I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but the guy I saw had a bit longer hair. Not too much longer, but a bit.

....and maybe lighten it a bit?

I think we should steer clear. This is our independent project, and we're not the people offering the reward.

What phone number should be on it? Henderson PD? Crimestoppers?

Good point.

The guy I saw was in Las Vegas - not Henderson. I can't decide which would be the most responsive.

Good point.

The guy I saw was in Las Vegas - not Henderson. I can't decide which would be the most responsive.

Maybe it should say:

Police (HPD number) and Crimestoppers (their number) without specifying which police department.

On a business card, every word counts - and you don't want any unnecessary ones.

We're going to drive carbuff & ms_writer nutty tonight. Nuttier :angel:

Room for both?

A sighting is different than a crime tip....

In a business-card size, there seems to be room for 2 phone numbers. Postcard size, I have a bit more room to play with, but I thought focusing on just one or at most two numbers would be the best. I picked Henderson because that's where the missing person report is, and St. George because that's where he's from, and it covers different parts of the region.

The poster has Henderson, LV, and St. George police.

I could put a web pointer instead of a phone number for one or both.

Maybe it should say:

Police (HPD number) and Crimestoppers (their number) without specifying which police department.

On a business card, every word counts - and you don't want any unnecessary ones.

We're going to drive carbuff & ms_writer nutty tonight. Nuttier :angel:

That's OK, I'm not doing any more until morning :D

In a business-card size, there seems to be room for 2 phone numbers. Postcard size, I have a bit more room to play with, but I thought focusing on just one or at most two numbers would be the best. I picked Henderson because that's where the missing person report is, and St. George because that's where he's from, and it covers different parts of the region.

The poster has Henderson, LV, and St. George police.

I could put a web pointer instead of a phone number for one or both.

Police (Henderson PD #) and the web pointer, I think (because the pointer goes right to the missing persons flyer, with all the other contacts listed)

Not at all a fly in the ointment, my dear! (maybe a fairy in the ointment . . . Just kidding -- couldn't resist! :) ) No trouble at all. Here's a blonder, longer-haired Steven. I didn't know how much longer, so I held off on giving him a full-fledged mullet. Feel free to offer further guidance.

I really wish I had a better resolution photo to work with. And for that matter, I wish I had better skills for this. I use Photoshop all the time for work, but not for this type thing obviously! I'm making it up as I go here . . . Hair is hard (for me) to make look realistic. Maybe just, uh, squint your eyes. :)

Attachments

• Koecher_mustache_bl_lngr.jpg
    Koecher_mustache_bl_lngr.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 29
Not at all a fly in the ointment, my dear! (maybe a fairy in the ointment . . . Just kidding -- couldn't resist! :) ) No trouble at all. Here's a blonder, longer-haired Steven. I didn't know how much longer, so I held off on giving him a full-fledged mullet. Feel free to offer further guidance.

I really wish I had a better resolution photo to work with. And for that matter, I wish I had better skills for this. I use Photoshop all the time for work, but not for this type thing obviously! I'm making it up as I go here . . . Hair is hard (for me) to make look realistic. Maybe just, uh, squint your eyes. :)

Huh. I'd turn to look twice at that dude, and probably walk into a light post and make a fool of myself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member