NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it last? Were drugs involved?

I just don't see Steven's movements as fugue-like, since they seemed so deliberate.

He's talking to people who call him, and also texting. No one's reported anything odd about the calls; in fact, they're infuriatingly "normal".

He goes to the temple, then drives to Ruby Valley (and visits someone he knows, who evidently didn't detect anything odd about his behavior). He returns home.

He resumes his work on Dec 11th.

On Dec 12th, he travels south and returns home. He buys Christmas presents for his brother's family. He returns home.

On December 13th, he travels south.

To me, it's all very purposeful, like he's tying up some loose ends. The presents may have been a caring message to someone.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. But the patient we had in the hospital...her state was not drug-induced. And my shifts are only 8 hours but she was there when I got there, and when I left, with NO variability of her state. None of the doctors knew what was going on with her actually. But the police came and took fingerprints etc. to get a file going on her so hopefully we could get her back to where she belonged. I'm sure someone was missing her.

But regarding Steven's movements leading up to his disappearance, I agree with you. It doesn't seem like a fugue-like state, because he is doing things very purposefully. However, I think it was ConcernedCitizen that said in another post that this "I don't know who I am" state could have come upon him after he walked down Evening Lights.

I'm not entirely convinced about this either, Laytonian. Just my thoughts on that possibility.

Not at all a fly in the ointment, my dear! (maybe a fairy in the ointment . . . Just kidding -- couldn't resist! :) ) No trouble at all. Here's a blonder, longer-haired Steven. I didn't know how much longer, so I held off on giving him a full-fledged mullet. Feel free to offer further guidance.

I really wish I had a better resolution photo to work with. And for that matter, I wish I had better skills for this. I use Photoshop all the time for work, but not for this type thing obviously! I'm making it up as I go here . . . Hair is hard (for me) to make look realistic. Maybe just, uh, squint your eyes. :)

You are doing a fantastic job! I wouldn't even have the faintest idea how you do this.

Fairy, I know you don't want to say specifically where your sighting was located, but was it within any areas we have previously thrown out there to speculate or was it a totally different location all together...since it was LV and not Henderson. Thanks.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. But the patient we had in the hospital...her state was not drug-induced. And my shifts are only 8 hours but she was there when I got there, and when I left, with NO variability of her state. None of the doctors knew what was going on with her actually. But the police came and took fingerprints etc. to get a file going on her so hopefully we could get her back to where she belonged. I'm sure someone was missing her.

But regarding Steven's movements leading up to his disappearance, I agree with you. It doesn't seem like a fugue-like state, because he is doing things very purposefully. However, I think it was ConcernedCitizen that said in another post that this "I don't know who I am" state could have come upon him after he walked down Evening Lights.

I'm not entirely convinced about this either, Laytonian. Just my thoughts on that possibility.

I think it's a temporary possibility (per the Mayo Clinic's symptoms and causes) -- but after seven months, I'd think we'd have seen reports like "Do you know this man?" long and and had a resolution.

Police (Henderson PD #) and the web pointer, I think (because the pointer goes right to the missing persons flyer, with all the other contacts listed)

Sorry I haven't done this yet. Family stuff came up -- will be Monday before I post the new files.

I'm still catching up on this new thread, so forgive me if this has been covered.

Has anyone contacted Las Vegas LDS singles site? They're not affiliated with a particular congregation, just LDS singles all over the valley that want to get together for various activities. I just wonder if Steven ever participated with them.

Here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/ldslvsingles/activities.htm

I'm still catching up on this new thread, so forgive me if this has been covered.

Has anyone contacted Las Vegas LDS singles site?

They're not affiliated with a particular congregation, just LDS singles all over the valley that want to get together for various activities. I just wonder if Steven ever participated with them.

Here's the link: http://www.freewebs.com/ldslvsingles/activities.htm

I can't see any harm that would be done, if you went ahead and emailed them. All it would take is an attached "missing" poster to the email.l

Maybe they'll respond (although the site's not been updated since late December 2009.) It's not an official LDS website, and looks to be the work of one person with very good intentions. Nothing can be lost by contacting them.

If you're hesitant to email, I'm sure someone else will be glad to.

Fairy, I know you don't want to say specifically where your sighting was located, but was it within any areas we have previously thrown out there to speculate or was it a totally different location all together...since it was LV and not Henderson. Thanks.

Not really. I'm not sure if there were other sightings that prompted the bus riding search as we are no longer privvy to information from the family or PI, so I don't know if it fits with anything they may know. It sort of made sense to me in relation to a very early sighting about which we do know.

Sorry to be so cryptic. But there is someone out there who has it in for us here and I will not help to further their hateful agenda.

One other thing I would like to add with regard to my "possible" sighting of "Steven." Because of the time of day, I was hoping it would be a same time, every day kind of thing - but I've not seen that guy again.

The area where I saw this guy is common to tourists and locals alike. But mostly locals - as far as the bus goes. The tourists are on foot - for the most part.

I wish I never would have said anything about it here - and I wasn't going to. I have told others who are looking for Steven everything I know about it and how they handle it is up to them.

And I will continue looking for him every day. As I have from the beginning.

Not really. I'm not sure if there were other sightings that prompted the bus riding search as we are no longer privvy to information from the family or PI, so I don't know if it fits with anything they may know. It sort of made sense to me in relation to a very early sighting about which we do know.

Sorry to be so cryptic. But there is someone out there who has it in for us here and I will not help to further their hateful agenda.

One other thing I would like to add with regard to my "possible" sighting of "Steven." Because of the time of day, I was hoping it would be a same time, every day kind of thing - but I've not seen that guy again.

The area where I saw this guy is common to tourists and locals alike. But mostly locals - as far as the bus goes. The tourists are on foot - for the most part.

I wish I never would have said anything about it here - and I wasn't going to. I have told others who are looking for Steven everything I know about it and how they handle it is up to them.

Thanks. Totally understand. Hopefully the PI has more info to go along with it and that this is Steven, alive and well, and just living his life as he has chosen. I too feel he is still with us.

Is it possible he was standing there, to cross the street?

Is this an area where the guys hand out flyers to the tourists?

Could SK have found a job doing that?

Is it possible he was standing there, to cross the street?

Is this an area where the guys hand out flyers to the tourists?

Could SK have found a job doing that?

No. This guy was definitely waiting for the bus at the bus stop - which is a bit east of the actual corner. Though I have been checking all the corners there and looking for the same guy.

They don't hand out the flyers in this area. But there are several stands right there full of the smut publications.

Generally speaking, SK does NOT fit the mold of the guys that hand out that stuff on the Strip. At all. Though I suppose anything is possible.

We've got a format for the cards, and I'm willing to pay to print at least 500.

BUT.....how do we distribute them, and who to?

Ideas?

We've got a format for the cards, and I'm willing to pay to print at least 500.

BUT.....how do we distribute them, and who to?

Ideas?

bbm

Bus drivers and people at bus stops.

bbm

Bus drivers and people at bus stops.

Since Fairy1's sighting involved eating food while at a bus stop, how about "Convenience Stores" -- especially that one right near where she saw the guy?

The problem IS: distribution.

Re: the distribution

In most cases you would give to family and friends of the missing person as well as associates from church or school or work.....those who care about him.

Since he has very limited family in LV area...and church members are not
coming forward (that we know of), we might ask Fairy1, Sin City and our other WS members what they think. Would the PI or the police departments take a few and distribute in their area? I think the bus drivers is a great idea.....also the convenience stores.
I'd like to know if the buses still have ads running along the inside of the bus.

I guess the bottom line is....who cares about missing persons in LV/Henderson and who cares about Steven and can get the cards out.

You know that, at the same time we have been looking for Steven, there is another LV/Henderson lady who is missing, who has a large contingent of friends looking for her. They have put up large bulletin boards with her missing poster and have had a friend sit along the highway (near where she went missing) with an oversize poster asking if anyone had seen this lady. So far, there are no clues, but it does show the difference between going missing in your home town and going missing out of town.
NV NV - Billie Jean James - 67 years old - Las Vegas - 22 April 2010 - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Re: the distribution

In most cases you would give to family and friends of the missing person as well as associates from church or school or work.....those who care about him.

Since he has very limited family in LV area...and church members are not
coming forward (that we know of), we might ask Fairy1, Sin City and our other WS members what they think. Would the PI or the police departments take a few and distribute in their area? I think the bus drivers is a great idea.....also the convenience stores.

I guess a stack of them in the RTC "driver's lounge" would be best. Maybe another stack in the SCA office, where most residents will eventually show up?

The convenience store may put some by the check-out (which is why tiny is best - they're not going to put up a poster for every missing person in Vegas).

Other than that, I dunno.

I'd like to know if the buses still have ads running along the inside of the bus.

Were they actual ads, or "missing" posters given to the drivers? An ad would stay as long as the advertiser paid for it, but a poster would likely be torn down by the cleaning crew at the end of the day.

I guess the bottom line is....who cares about missing persons in LV/Henderson and who cares about Steven and can get the cards out.

You're right (sigh).

Maybe it was just one of those good ideas, but not the right time. We won't know. in advance, when the next search is planned.

gsmith, where ARE you? Could you be our go-between? Can we send YOU a stack of cards to give to the family/friends next time they do a search?

You know that, at the same time we have been looking for Steven, there is another LV/Henderson lady who is missing, who has a large contingent of friends looking for her. They have put up large bulletin boards with her missing poster and have had a friend sit along the highway (near where she went missing) with an oversize poster asking if anyone had seen this lady. So far, there are no clues, but it does show the difference between going missing in your home town and going missing out of town.
NV NV - Billie Jean James - 67 years old - Las Vegas - 22 April 2010 - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She walked away, after a minor stroke - and may have been having more. That's just how my mother-in-law (and all of her female relatives!) started out.

Wow. She was last seen just a mile or two from where the search took place in April, south of the airport.

Maybe there needs to be a gigantic search -- because you're never limited in what you'll find. Look for one person, you may find another.

Somewhat off topic here, but this story just made the news in Boston: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/24496326/detail.html

A mailman arrested for delivering OxyContin to "clients" on his route. I include it only to show that there's a lot of "delivery" type stuff going on that doesn't involve being a trusted part of a major gang. It can be just a couple of people going freelance.

Somewhat off topic here, but this story just made the news in Boston: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/24496326/detail.html

A mailman arrested for delivering OxyContin to "clients" on his route. I include it only to show that there's a lot of "delivery" type stuff going on that doesn't involve being a trusted part of a major gang. It can be just a couple of people going freelance.

That's more realistic in this case, too.

Most of the Oxy dealing IS done by freelancers, and it's more profitable for them.

"Make money fast..." and all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member