NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why would a panhandler/Steven go into the store? pre-paid phone/internet cards maybe?

If you use the "quote" button, we can see who (and what) you're replying to.

Everyone has a theory. What's yours?

Was this guy who gave the Best Buy tip even on the BB security cameras?

This tipster doesn't make sense. If he had difficulty giving his tip to LE why didn't he contact a reporter who was covering the case. If the reporter felt the tip to be legit he would have assited him.

If he had such a hard time getting people to listen to him than why didn't he put the details out there for the world to see? It's not as if his life was in danger by giving this tip.

Were the friends questioned by LE, the PI, or SK's family? Did the friends see this person (possibly SK) in the store also? Did they give a description of others in the area at the time of the sighting? It would be these little details that would give his tip additional pull.

I'm not convinced this tip is legit.

Were the empolyees of the other businesses in this strip mall questioned regarding seeing SK Super Bowl Sunday, or any other time? Was the clerks at the convenient store/gas station on the corner questioned?

Has anyone else come forward with a tip at this location then or now? This is a busy strip mall. IMO if SK was there someone else would have come forward with a similar tip.

If SK just wanted to get home to his family he could have convinced someone traveling to Utah to give him a ride. We all know SK is a decent man, and there's no doubt that he would have been able to get someone to help him.

SK could have gone to any of the LDS temples to get help. He could have borrowed someone's cell phone to call his family.

Nope, don't buy the tip. SK isn't 5 yrs old. He's a man. If he wanted to get home he would have figured out a way long ago.

Were the empolyees of the other businesses in this strip mall questioned regarding seeing SK Super Bowl Sunday, or any other time? Was the clerks at the convenient store/gas station on the corner questioned?

Has anyone else come forward with a tip at this location then or now? This is a busy strip mall. IMO if SK was there someone else would have come forward with a similar tip.

If SK just wanted to get home to his family he could have convinced someone traveling to Utah to give him a ride. We all know SK is a decent man, and there's no doubt that he would have been able to get someone to help him.

SK could have gone to any of the LDS temples to get help. He could have borrowed someone's cell phone to call his family.

Nope, don't buy the tip. SK isn't 5 yrs old. He's a man. If he wanted to get home he would have figured out a way long ago.

Well said.

And if he was severely mentally-ill on the streets for 10 months, he'd have had some kind of run-in with police, mental health, homeless advocates.

The dental school tip? They can't do work on anyone, homeless or not, without some kind of identification and medical history UNLESS you're a ward of the courts....and the person described was none of those.

I communicated with the "tunnel keeper" (that great guy who keeps tabs on that crowd) said he was aware of Steven's case, but had never seen him.

This is truly a case of a man who's happy in another life, or whose own life sadly came to an end.

Well said.

And if he was severely mentally-ill on the streets for 10 months, he'd have had some kind of run-in with police, mental health, homeless advocates.

The dental school tip? They can't do work on anyone, homeless or not, without some kind of identification and medical history UNLESS you're a ward of the courts....and the person described was none of those.

I communicated with the "tunnel keeper" (that great guy who keeps tabs on that crowd) said he was aware of Steven's case, but had never seen him.

This is truly a case of a man who's happy in another life, or whose own life sadly came to an end.

Is JR the same guy that has gone by a few names? Is he saying he got banned from here? Do we know why?

AND is he the same guy that GW told Smith about on the bus? Has anyone heard from Smith since his postings that day? He was pretty gungho and a fairly regular poster until that weekend.

Is JR the same guy that has gone by a few names? Is he saying he got banned from here? Do we know why?

That's someone else.

AND is he the same guy that GW told Smith about on the bus?

This guy? Yes, it is. Anytime you hear the percentages quoted, you can be sure it's the Best Buy tipster.

Has anyone heard from Smith since his postings that day? He was pretty gungho and a fairly regular poster until that weekend.

He was. At first, we had some of Steven's friends/ward members drop in occasionally. Since that last search, it's just quiet.

I think everyone's just stumped.

If he had such a hard time getting people to listen to him than why didn't he put the details out there for the world to see? It's not as if his life was in danger by giving this tip.

That's a good point.
Quickly AND publicly putting the information out there, is critical.

The missing person's pictures will NEVER look exactly like the person you see.
You will doubt yourself, whether you are right or wrong.

If you see someone you think is a missing person, call 911, tweet, go to FB, come here, call one of the numbers. All of that can be done in five minutes.

The idea is to get the information out there in time so somewhere can follow-up. Waiting almost a month to be sure, leaves family and investigators nothing to work with. This particular tip has almost become a taunt to the police and family.

I'm having a hard time believing that the anonymous CrimeStoppers line wouldn't accept that tip.

Bumping for Steven. Wish we had something more than a bunch of nonsense to work with to help bring Steven home!

I stumbled across this one while reading a Kyron article: Oregon man missing while camping was found dead in Las Vegas: http://www.kgw.com/news/neighborhoo...an-vanishes-after-camping-trip-104869964.html

Interesting.
He told his wife he was going camping with a friend, but his body was found in a Las Vegas motel room. Drugs or natural causes I suspect.

The description of this car "was especially noticeable because it had several bumper stickers and plastic figures attached to it." reminds me of the one we saw driving around the Wisconsin Fairgrounds in Milwaukee for an entire week. Baby dolls glued to it, misspelled religious graffiti in the bare spots, and speakers that blared out all kinds of weird stuff.

ETA:

He was quite a notable guy, among the acid-lit crowd.

In trying to find more about this case, I find a "Bennett Tracy Huffman" co-wrote a book with Ken Kesey , author of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo Clock" - and had several degrees in the arts, primarily literature.

Could there have been a connection between his death, and the five-year anniversary of the tribute to Kesey's "Acid Tests", Las Vegas, October 31, 2005. See also The Merry Pranksters.

Interesting.
He told everyone he was going camping, but his body was found in a Las Vegas motel room. Drugs or natural causes I suspect.

The description of this car "was especially noticeable because it had several bumper stickers and plastic figures attached to it." reminds me of the one we saw driving around the Wisconsin Fairgrounds in Milwaukee for an entire week. Baby dolls glued to it, misspelled religious graffiti in the bare spots, and speakers that blared out all kinds of weird stuff.

Yeah, gotta think somebody had had too much home brew on that one :p

I spent the last weekend going through 17 threads about Steven disapearence...Im looking for disscussions related to his ruby Valley trip...can anyone point to the right thread?

I spent the last weekend going through 17 threads about Steven disapearence...Im looking for disscussions related to his ruby Valley trip...can anyone point to the right thread?

You have to use the search function.

Unless, of course, you can tell us *exactly* what you are looking for.

Hi folks. Been a while. Just checking in.
He did.
I did not think the tip was legit in any way.

Thanks.

He sent it to the family on March 1st, saying he'd already *tried* to talk to LE.
(No mention of why CrimeStoppers wouldn't listen, or if he tried to send it anonymously.)

You were last in line? ;)

Here are all the posts I found under the search of "Ruby Valley". There are many.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3541948

Results:
vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

(Searches here must expire, something I just found out a couple of days ago.)

You can do it through Google, though - bringing up almost 1500 results:
"steven t. koecher" "ruby valley" site:websleuths.com

I know this is an old topic, but why wasn't the cell phone triangulation area searched?

Two searches performed partially on tips, yet a search in the triangulation area isn't on the agenda at all?

That's a great question! Was there ever a search around where his cell phone last pinged?

Hi folks. Been a while. Just checking in.

He did.

I did not think the tip was legit in any way.

Do you still feel that way?? Any idea motivation for recent postings? He says on Facebook he wants to talk to SK bc of some things SZk told him. What does he say about that additional conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro